ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on today

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
1. Indinia State is really bad.
2. Only negatives really are 11-110 and 82.
3. No idea how that was roughing the passer. Quarterback still had the ball when the contact started. Didn't look like he was put to the ground excessively.
4. Really like Rigby.
5. 1-2 punch at RB looks to be awesome.
6. Great crowd! No surprise that it emptied out quite a bit after halftime.
7..........holding penalties??? SEVEN???

Around the country....
1. Has Billy Napier been fired yet?
2. I hate Notre Dame.
3. Oregon = meh. Gabriel's stats are way too good for them to only have 14 points (currently).
4. UCLA = blech
5. I watched a lot of the South Carolina game. Boy do they stink.
6. Cubs win again!

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Michigan doesn't look great either. They just scored and could have gone for 2 to go up 14 but kicked the XP. Less than 6 minutes left so it's probably moot but still.

I thought most of the Big10's top teams looked poor. Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State. Notre Dame hasn't done anything to impress me, and the Oregon teams struggled or are struggling with the Idaho teams. Purdue and some other Big10 teams took care of business in a proper manner. If those other teams I mentioned don't improve drastically, I think that Purdue can successfully compete with them.

I know that a win over ISU doesn't show that a team will be very good, but it's certainly better than having a poor showing against what are considered to be poor teams. Oregon and Ohio State don't deserve a 1 2 ranking unless they now earn it. The same with Michigan. Other top-rated teams did take care of business, rank them higher.

It's nice to see a fairly high scoring game which probably should have had at least 2 more TDs with the other team held scoreless and dominated. Although the chances for pass interceptions were low, I would have liked to see a few fumbles created by our defense. I thought special teams play was much better, and a partially blocked punt nice. And nice to see Jackson run away from everyone on his long run.

Nice to see such a well-played game. The personal foul penalty after the play has to be taken care of. Congratulations to the team for this effort.

Beat ND!!!!!!!!

100% agree :). They look over rated (as usual) and pretty beatable. While I am not expecting it, I can certainly see us edging them out. Their offense is lackluster and our defense could have a field day with it.

We'll see soon enough, but it took a lot of A&M imploding for them to win.
Thoughts on ND:

Very good defensive backfield. Not a great D line. Our WRs are going to have a handfull getting themselves open.
On O, the new QB Riley isn't very accurate but has good feet and is a strong runner. Reminded me of the Cuse QB who tore us up on the ground last year. Price is a really solid RB with breakaway speed.

i can see this being a close game for 3 quarters with ND pulling away with a couple of late scores.
34-21 ND.

Thoughts on ND:

Very good defensive backfield. Not a great D line. Our WRs are going to have a handfull getting themselves open.
On O, the new QB Riley isn't very accurate but has good feet and is a strong runner. Reminded me of the Cuse QB who tore us up on the ground last year. Price is a really solid RB with breakaway speed.

i can see this being a close game for 3 quarters with ND pulling away with a couple of late scores.
34-21 ND.
#4 is also a good rb

Reactions: pboiler18
100% agree :). They look over rated (as usual) and pretty beatable. While I am not expecting it, I can certainly see us edging them out. Their offense is lackluster and our defense could have a field day with it.

A&M's coach looks to be on the Bret Bulemia diet

Michigan doesn't look great either. They just scored and could have gone for 2 to go up 14 but kicked the XP. Less than 6 minutes left so it's probably moot but still.
before the season started I predicted that psu and Ducks will finish higher than Mich

3. No idea how that was roughing the passer. Quarterback still had the ball when the contact started. Didn't look like he was put to the ground excessively.
4. Really like Rigby.

Around the country....
2. I hate Notre Dame.
3. Oregon = meh. Gabriel's stats are way too good for them to only have 14 points (currently).
4. UCLA = blech
6. Cubs win again!
could argue we have a 1-2-3 punch at RB, Napier looks like a guy that should be a manager at Denny's, and we wanted So Car 's coach really bad, the coach at Idaho St ( Beck) is pretty good, runs a solid program and has been successful wherever he's been

The team I saw last night did not look beatable. Keep in mind that TAMU we put and bought a lot of players like Scourton. They were not playing some crappy ND team. I’ll be happy if I’m wrong but

Notre Dame 38
Purdue 17

My thoughts. I prefer a dominating victory over a crappy team. Than a heart breaking loss to a quality team like Minnesota yesterday. If you doubt me, go ask any Minnesota fan if they were happy about losing. Nobody likes losing.

The team I saw last night did not look beatable. Keep in mind that TAMU we put and bought a lot of players like Scourton. They were not playing some crappy ND team. I’ll be happy if I’m wrong but

Notre Dame 38
Purdue 17
I see it slightly closer than that. I think we might do better vs their RB but Leonard as a runner worries me and we’ll ultimately give up 2-3 long plays not covering a QB or WR that cost us the game.

We won’t be able to run the ball consistently but get a chunk here or there in the run game and hope we can dunk and dunk down the field.

NDs OL didn’t blow me away. If we somehow adjust and account for the QB on the read option and MAKE them throw and limit coverage mistakes it could get interesting.

4. Really like Rigby.

Around the country....
2. I hate Notre Dame.
4. UCLA = blech
6. Cubs win again!
Don't HATE ND. That just brings them attention. ("They love to hate us.") Instead, be indifferent. As the late, great (racially, um, insensitive?) Bill Russell said, "The opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference. I hate indifference."
P.S. Cubs? Seriously? Sox? Hellooooo Nashville.

I see it slightly closer than that. I think we might do better vs their RB but Leonard as a runner worries me and we’ll ultimately give up 2-3 long plays not covering a QB or WR that cost us the game.

We won’t be able to run the ball consistently but get a chunk here or there in the run game and hope we can dunk and dunk down the field.

NDs OL didn’t blow me away. If we somehow adjust and account for the QB on the read option and MAKE them throw and limit coverage mistakes it could get interesting.
Gonna probably be a slightly lesser Garret Shrader game

Reactions: bonefish1
Gonna probably be a slightly lesser Garret Shrader game
We should know it’s coming.

We didn’t yesterday but it was a team that wasn’t going to hurt us with it.

Do it vs ND and Leonard we only see the ball after long TD drives.

TAMU’s QB did not play well from the start and preformed as an inexperienced QB. If and when he gets better and they reduce the dumb penalties they could be one of the top SEC teams.

Speaking of Purdue I agree with the original post’s that there was no roughing the QB on that play unless I missed something!

I wish we do not need to use our stud Safety as our punt returner! Worried about him getting injured but maybe it is just me!

I wish we do not need to use our stud Safety as our punt returner! Worried about him getting injured but maybe it is just me!
I also am concerned, but if you actually want to challenge for the Big10 championship (which I think is the goal, and not win just a few games) I think that it's a good move.

Accounting for the QB is the big question. Leonard is a very good runner and last year, Purdue D absolutely sucked against the read option. Whoever is assigned the QB has to absolutely not get sucked in or follow the RB. Otherwise, he'll have over 100 yards and the D will never get off the field.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I agree with the first post! After watching many games this weekend bad or poor QB play defined too many supposed powers in both the B1G and the country. My only addition to the first post, I wish we would not use our stud Safety to return punts as I am worried the extra hits and possible injury outweighs the returns!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT