ADVERTISEMENT

This is why….

Lil Andy, my friend.....you misquoted me. I said, that when/if they make the FF, I'll be there in person. (although I have to check this years dates, might be right during spring break, in which case, we're out of the country.).
I enjoy watching the team, looking forward to see how they play against the two UAs coming up.
If not too private where...Europe? Mexico? I may be setting a trip for next Oct in a few months as well

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerDeac
Lil Andy, my friend.....you misquoted me. I said, that when/if they make the FF, I'll be there in person. (although I have to check this years dates, might be right during spring break, in which case, we're out of the country.).
I enjoy watching the team, looking forward to see how they play against the two UAs coming up.
No misquotes here. You have stated on this board that you hope Purdue loses games and recruits because it will speed up Painter's firing. You obviously were overly emotional at the time, but there's no surprise that you deny it. Next you'll move the goalposts and tell us again that you were misquoted or taken out of context.

The problem is it makes us very predictable. Clamp down on Edey, make the entry passescially hard as possible and force someone else to make a shot or beat someone off the dribble.
It's the same formula.

I get making Edey option 1A but until there's a second player who can consistently get clutch points, that's a lot of pressure on one mode of attack.
Have you ever noticed how our players (especially our guards) telegraph their passes into Edie allowing the defense to sag on him before he makes his move? They, also, have a tendency to stand and watch Edie instead of quickly moving to an open spot so that Edie can pop it back out to them for an open three. How about zinging a no look pass into him once in a while? I feel like these are coaching issues. I also notice that on defense our players are not constantly shifting their weight so that they can go either way to stay in front of their man. I think that's why they say "you play defense with your feet". That would seem like another coaching issue. I've got three or four more on my list of issues. I never thought I would hear my son

Have you ever noticed how our players (especially our guards) telegraph their passes into Edie allowing the defense to sag on him before he makes his move? They, also, have a tendency to stand and watch Edie instead of quickly moving to an open spot so that Edie can pop it back out to them for an open three. How about zinging a no look pass into him once in a while? I feel like these are coaching issues. I also notice that on defense our players are not constantly shifting their weight so that they can go either way to stay in front of their man. I think that's why they say "you play defense with your feet". That would seem like another coaching issue. I've got three or four more on my list of issues. I never thought I would hear my son

That "Edie", he's something isn't he? Nice of an iu guy to take notice and care enough to post here.....as Purdue people know how to spell the name of our All American player.

Lolol coaching issue eh? How many minutes have you actually watched of Purdue? Are you sure you aren’t taking about IU’s team defense (which is awful) or their entry passes to their bigs and not moving for a 3 (also awful)?

The problem is it makes us very predictable. Clamp down on Edey, make the entry passes hard as possible and force someone else to make a shot or beat someone off the dribble.
It's the same formula.

I get making Edey option 1A but until there's a second player who can consistently get clutch points, that's a lot of pressure on one mode of attack.
Braden Smith is our 1B and has continued to get clutch buckets for us. Then fletch stepped up vs UT this year and did at OSU and MSU last year.

Everyone in the gym knows we are going to edey but they can’t really stop it. Their strategy is to make others shoot which worked last year and has worked once this year vs NU. It’s a good strategy and kinda only the strategy one can hope to use to beat us.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Braden Smith is our 1B and has continued to get clutch buckets for us. Then fletch stepped up vs UT this year and did at OSU and MSU last year.

Everyone in the gym knows we are going to edey but they can’t really stop it. Their strategy is to make others shoot which worked last year and has worked once this year vs NU. It’s a good strategy and kinda only the strategy one can hope to use to beat us.
NW had the advantage of losing their bigs and not needing them for offense as well. Hope we shade Boo's right side next game

We came into Evanston sleep walking. Not our best game by any measure. I would not recommend using this game for any meaningful analysis unless we see a pattern.
got too satisified and lost the MO when they thought NW was going to quit. That said NW has the bigs to throw at Zach and foul and if caught fouling 15 times which could be 15 sure baskets without taking a big bite out of their offense

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG and mathboy
Caribbean

Reminds me of an old Cub's broadcast:

"Hey everybody......you know, Steve, can you believe how many Cruz brothers and relatives have played major league baseball?

There's Hector, Victor, Nelson, Tommy, Jose......and the often traveled Caribbean Cruz.....hah!

Hey......I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Dick Butka is in the house today.....the Bears legendary linebacker/coach......you know Steve, Butka and I tore up Rush Street one night......

harry-harrycaray.gif

Reminds me of an old Cub's broadcast:

"Hey everybody......you know, Steve, can you believe how many Cruz brothers and relatives have played major league baseball?

There's Hector, Victor, Nelson, Tommy, Jose......and the often traveled Caribbean Cruz.....hah!

Hey......I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Dick Butka is in the house today.....the Bears legendary linebacker/coach......you know Steve, Butka and I tore up Rush Street one night......

harry-harrycaray.gif
“I could go for an ice cold Budweiser!”

YOU BOOKED YOUR FLIGHTS YET?!???

I expect that deep down he is watching to see if Purdue loses to another double digit seed so that he can crow again.
HAHA I thought about this thread after the game. I told bonefish Purdue has the most dominant Big Man in America and YES you run the offense through the post. LOL BTW where is Bone Fish hero at Shaka Smart? Bonefish for years has wanted Purdue to fire Painter and hire Smart. Thanks for digging this thread up.

Roast him. Dude needs to delete his account with how much shit he’s talked about this program. No amount of crow eating will be acceptable.
When proven wrong he brags he's right more than he's wrong. Umm, no. He has been wrong about Painter and the key players on this team. And very recently started a thread once again "explaining" why Purdue can't be successful playing through Edey (Matt ten Dam II).

On a related topic, he always ridiculed PJThompson, saying PJ should not have been on a Big 10 team. If Haas had not broken his arm, PJ might have been the starting PG on a FF team. We have heard that PJ is playing a big role in recruiting and Painter is giving him a lot of love for the success this year. You just never know...

When proven wrong he brags he's right more than he's wrong. Umm, no. He has been wrong about Painter and the key players on this team. And very recently started a thread once again "explaining" why Purdue can't be successful playing through Edey (Matt ten Dam II).

On a related topic, he always ridiculed PJThompson, saying PJ should not have been on a Big 10 team. If Haas had not broken his arm, PJ might have been the starting PG on a FF team. We have heard that PJ is playing a big role in recruiting and Painter is giving him a lot of love for the success this year. You just never know...
Oh Andy, I hit @bonefish1 and @collegehoopsfan123 up and called them out in that thread

Painter said in the postgame presser that PJ “is going to be an absolute superstar” as a coach someday.

HAHA I thought about this thread after the game. I told bonefish Purdue has the most dominant Big Man in America and YES you run the offense through the post. LOL BTW where is Bone Fish hero at Shaka Smart? Bonefish for years has wanted Purdue to fire Painter and hire Smart. Thanks for digging this thread up.
I’m here and I’m super happy! I’ve been smiling since 4:30 pm yesterday.
Unfortunately….(sort of), I’ll be watching from a beach bar in the Caribbean on Saturday.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Right there with him wanting Marcus Carr or Xavier Johnson instead of Braden Smith. But hopefully he’s seen the light now.
I know you guys wish I were upset for being wrong, I’m not. I love Smith, love Painter and can now quit taking about why Painter teams choke in March.
It’s a beautiful day! My head is held high and I’m waking through airports with lots of Purdue gear on.

Bonefish I give you credit for replying-)
The guys here know I’ll take my medicine when I deserve it. I face the music when I need to.
Like Painter said, you gotta sit in it. (I’m running out of metaphors)
Honestly, I’m ecstatic that I was wrong about Smith and the post centric offense. I mean, he’ll, what’s the alternative…being right and losing?

I know you guys wish I were upset for being wrong, I’m not. I love Smith, love Painter and can now quit taking about why Painter teams choke in March.
It’s a beautiful day! My head is held high and I’m waking through airports with lots of Purdue gear on.

At least you had the maturity to man up & admit you were wrong. I know last March and this off season several people made claims here that were off .....haven't seen too many admissions other than yours.

Boiler up!!

At least you had the maturity to man up & admit you were wrong. I know last March and this off season several people made claims here that were off .....haven't seen too many admissions other than yours.

Boiler up!!
Yep ol lenny stepped up and to quote Painter is "sitting in it" as he should. Kudos to you @bonefish1

Kudos, Lenny....it was a great game......what a journey for the team and program. Hopefully, more thrills yet this season.

Safe travels and hopefully you can further enjoy your "exile" in the Caribbean. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT