ADVERTISEMENT

This is why….

Kudos, Lenny....it was a great game......what a journey for the team and program. Hopefully, more thrills yet this season.

Safe travels and hopefully you can further enjoy your "exile" in the Caribbean. :)
Appreciate it.
I’ve got 3 Purdue stickers and 2 flags I plan on hanging in a bar somewhere down there.

The guys here know I’ll take my medicine when I deserve it. I face the music when I need to.
Like Painter said, you gotta sit in it. (I’m running out of metaphors)
Honestly, I’m ecstatic that I was wrong about Smith and the post centric offense. I mean, he’ll, what’s the alternative…being right and losing?
What's interesting is that 3 of the 4 FF teams this year are actually post centric teams. I know UConn has different looks in case Clingan is off, but their default is to get him the ball as their #1 option. That said Post centric only works with a solid D, and solid support players that can take advantage of open looks and open lanes.

Reactions: boilerzz
What's interesting is that 3 of the 4 FF teams this year are actually post centric teams. I know UConn has different looks in case Clingan is off, but their default is to get him the ball as their #1 option. That said Post centric only works with a solid D, and solid support players that can take advantage of open looks and open lanes.
Clingan avgs 22 minutes a game and is their 4th leading scorer. Their approach is much different than ours. Yes, they have a big guy that they use, but his usage is no where close to how we use Edey. He is much more of a defensive presence for them than offensive. I've watched a lot of Uconn this year and at no point would I have said they were a "post centric team". Just my take, others may disagree.

Clingan avgs 22 minutes a game and is their 4th leading scorer. Their approach is much different than ours. Yes, they have a big guy that they use, but his usage is no where close to how we use Edey. He is much more of a defensive presence for them than offensive. I've watched a lot of Uconn this year and at no point would I have said they were a "post centric team". Just my take, others may disagree.
Ok so 2 of the teams are post centric and they play each other 😆

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Yep, let the guard/wings attack or shoot and let your big man clean up. Just get him into foul trouble and let Zach go to work.

We need to get by NC State first and them Bama.

Last edited:
I am excited to see an optimistic Bonefish moving forward. It will be really fresh air to hear next year after winning a national title “man, we just lost but painter is a great coach still”.

Reactions: BoilerAndy and BBG
I am excited to see an optimistic Bonefish moving forward. It will be really fresh air to hear next year after winning a national title “man, we just lost but painter is a great coach still”.
As if he isn’t going to go back to bashing Painter and the program as soon as we lose. He just loves to be miserable and tries to make others that way as well. He’s all “aw shucks” right now, but that doesn’t cancel out the years of shitting on this team that preceded it.

Reactions: BoilerAndy and BBG
As if he isn’t going to go back to bashing Painter and the program as soon as we lose. He just loves to be miserable and tries to make others that way as well. He’s all “aw shucks” right now, but that doesn’t cancel out the years of shitting on this team that preceded it.
If we lose to UConn… “PAINTER CAN’T WIN THE BIG ONE!!! WAAAAAAHHHHH !!!!”

Reactions: PUQBMan.
He just better not recruit any more 5’11 guards nobody else wanted or I’ll be pissed!

In all seriousness though, I do think he could add a player or two from the portal. Strike while the iron is hot. A 6’8 scoring wing would be a great as well as another ball handler who can shoot/penetrate.

I’m hardly miserable. I’m in the islands, wearing Purdue gear, and have gotten several “Boiler Up!”s down here.
I’ll be having my first rum drink with lunch in about an hour.

He just better not recruit any more 5’11 girds nobody else wanted or I’ll be pissed!

In all seriousness though, I do think he could add a player or two from the portal. Strike while the iron is hot. A 6’8 scoring wing would be a great as well as another ball handler who can shoot/penetrate.
Don't see how they squeeze that in with everyone coming plus those who are back.
If an unexpected departure happens (beyond the one we know has to happen already) then sure.

Reactions: bonefish1
Don't see how they squeeze that in with everyone coming plus those who are back.
If an unexpected departure happens (beyond the one we know has to happen already) then sure.
Good point. See where things shake out with our current roster.

He has to get hit in the face with the truth before he admits he's wrong, or at least stops with the false narrative. For years he was obsessed with the number of stars after a recruit's name, claiming that 5-stars are REQUIRED to have any chance at success. After seeing Edwards, Ivey, and now Zack (Matt ten Dam II) become All-Americans, he stopped that chant. It now appears he has stopped the "Fire Painter" and "You can't win playing through the center" chants. We shall see.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
He just better not recruit any more 5’11 guards nobody else wanted or I’ll be pissed!

lol. You would harp and carp about anyone Painter signed.

No more Carsen Edwards or Braden Smiths. The program would collapse.

I do a thorough analysis of our offers. They sometimes always, almost usually pan out as I predict.
Lol. "... sometimes always, almost usually..." Bonefish-speak. But you claimed Braden was a failure of a recruit and couldn't dunk, after eyewitnesses told you he could and provided a link to readily available video.

"Thorough analysis" = look for the number of stars next to their name on the rating sites

Reactions: BBG
I do a thorough analysis of our offers. They sometimes always, almost usually pan out as I predict.
lenny you owe me a keyboard. I spit my coffee all over it laugh so hard at this blatantly false statement.

You have been wrong so often ... on everything.. it could be listed as a career for you. I'll give you one thing, you're at least consistent with it.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Lol. "... sometimes always, almost usually..." Bonefish-speak. But you claimed Braden was a failure of a recruit and couldn't dunk, after eyewitnesses told you he could and provided a link to readily available video.

"Thorough analysis" = look for the number of stars next to their name on the rating sites
I can only expect to right 97% of the time. Nobody is perfect.

lenny you owe me a keyboard. I spit my coffee all over it laugh so hard at this blatantly false statement.

You have been wrong so often ... on everything.. it could be listed as a career for you. I'll give you one thing, you're at least consistent with it.
Shit… you think that’s bad, you should see some of my stock picks.
The way I see it; “sometimes you gotta say what the f*ck, make your mark”.
Name the movie.

• Haha
Reactions: BBG
I can only expect to right 97% of the time. Nobody is perfect.
lol. Just with this team:
Painter can't do it ("Fire Painter")
Playing through the center can't do it ("stop recruiting Matt ten Dams").
Recruiting failure Zach Edey ("another Matt ten Dam")
Recruiting failure Braden Smith ("Undersized, not enough stars")
Portal failure Lance Jones (you could have picked a better player)
You wanted Xavier Johnson
Colvin should decommit so Painter gets fired
Catchings should decommit so Painter gets fired
"I gave $1 million to NIL"

0%. Could not have been more wrong.
You are a fan of you, not Purdue. You don't care about the team, the players, or the university. After all of the above, now that they are there, you are strutting around with Purdue gear on to show you are associated with a winner. Congratulations.

Name the movie.

Thought it was "make your move," Joel (errrr...Lenny)....that aside, a good reason to show Rebecca De Mornay. :)

They showed it outside the dorms heading into senior year.....

giphy.gif

Reactions: bonefish1
lol. Just with this team:
Painter can't do it ("Fire Painter")
Playing through the center can't do it ("stop recruiting Matt ten Dams").
Recruiting failure Zach Edey ("another Matt ten Dam")
Recruiting failure Braden Smith ("Undersized, not enough stars")
Portal failure Lance Jones (you could have picked a better player)
You wanted Xavier Johnson
Colvin should decommit so Painter gets fired
Catchings should decommit so Painter gets fired
"I gave $1 million to NIL"

0%. Could not have been more wrong.
You are a fan of you, not Purdue. You don't care about the team, the players, or the university. After all of the above, now that they are there, you are strutting around with Purdue gear on to show you are associated with a winner. Congratulations.
Thanks Lil Andy. It feels great to support this team and what Painter has built. Let’s hope this is the beginning of a series of several deep tourney runs for Purdue.
Can’t wait to put my P flag up in a bar down here on Saturday night.

Name the movie.
Well I'm just glad you came around.

The class we have coming in could very well end up getting us back to the FF again very soon.

I believe you’re right!
The father said, Sometimes you have to say what the heck. And I agreed to that.

His best friend then said, what the hell, And I thought times had changed.

In 1983 at J Walter in Chicago at an office Happy Hour, we were discussing the movies, and I said Terms of Endearment should have never won best picture. Several people asked, which one should have won? There were not a lot of good choices, so I said, Risky Business. So I could tell I was about to be attacked. But then the Media Director started laughing and said, Which of you is the U-Boat Commander?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT