ADVERTISEMENT

This is CNN

What is controversial about the post or attached piece? Are you upset that CNN international is reporting on international news? Does reporting on the celebration's china is conducting to celebrate 100 years of party rule hurt you? It looked pretty informative and straight reporting to me (glancing through the article).

THIS is what cancel culture looks like. Conservatives choosing what we can see or report on is similar to the internet bans china uses to keep their citizens blind to controversial aspects of the world.

What is controversial about the post or attached piece? Are you upset that CNN international is reporting on international news? Does reporting on the celebration's china is conducting to celebrate 100 years of party rule hurt you? It looked pretty informative and straight reporting to me (glancing through the article).

THIS is what cancel culture looks like. Conservatives choosing what we can see or report on is similar to the internet bans china uses to keep their citizens blind to controversial aspects of the world.
CNN is writing a celebration puff piece on China & its leader. Deep in the article they spend ONLY one paragraph on the negative.

Nowhere did I call for CNN to be canceled. If they want to kiss China's backside and write mostly positive hype piece on China, they are certainly entitled to do that. Just like I am entitled to criticize/mock it.

CNN is writing a celebration puff piece on China & its leader. Deep in the article they spend ONLY one paragraph on the negative.

Nowhere did I call for CNN to be canceled. If they want to kiss China's backside and write mostly positive hype piece on China, they are certainly entitled to do that. Just like I am entitled to criticize/mock it.
You're upset because the generally neutral article on the chinese 100 year celebration (with one negative paragraph) isn't negative enough for you?

Lot's of conservatives call for CNN to be canceled. I'm just pointing at your tribe (not you directly).

I don't watch CNN btw.

Reactions: z_one
Sorry, did people actually READ the article before suggesting that CNN is spreading propaganda for China? Or they just read the headline that Xi will be the real star and automatically assume it is praising Xi?

If people actually read (I know it's hard), the article is saying that Xi will put himself as the spotlight ("It's likely that large parts of the day's events will focus on Xi"), which is not unlike Trump always putting the spotlight on himself as the savior of the country ("I alone can fix it").

Speaking of Trump, he just praised Xi and Putin too. How come folks here don't complain?

Also in the CNN article,

"But while the party has much to celebrate, particularly China's growth from one of the poorest nations in the world into an economy on the brink of overtaking the US, it has also been responsible for some of darkest chapters of the last century, including the brutal repression of student protestors in Tiananmen Square, the decade of mayhem under former Chairman Mao Zedong's Cultural Revolution, and the millions who starved to death as a result of disastrous CCP economic policy decisions."

Does that sound like a ringing endorsement?

CNN "News Anchor"

Don Lemon is a confirmed sexual predator. He paid 6 figure hush money to a guy he assaulted in the Hamptons last year.

Was it a hate crime assault?

Well....the guy was white, so, it's very possible they could have charged him with a hate crime. But, he's a black gay liberal. The only thing that would make him more of a democrat wet dream is if he were female.

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT