ADVERTISEMENT

There is a reason for the delay

May 23, 2015
This is not being drug out because it is an emotional decision. He knew this was coming for weeks.

My thoughts are 1 of 2 scenarios:

1. Bobinski presented the offer but it was not satisfactory and so Bobo had to go to Mitch and board.

2. Brohm stated that nothing would be released regarding where he will be until the school he spurned has locked up their #2 choice. This is to keep a media crapstorm from taking over. And so, the school knows and is working on their contingency.

This is not being drug out because it is an emotional decision. He knew this was coming for weeks.

1. Bobinski presented the offer but it was not satisfactory and so Bobo had to go to Mitch and board.

2. Brohm stated that nothing would be released regarding where he will be until the school he spurned has locked up their #2 choice. This is to keep a media crapstorm from taking over. And so, the school knows and is working on their contingency.
No way on #2. That would leak.

My fear is that he wants a team meeting after classes are over to tell them. Then it gets announced. In which case, I think he’s leaving. Remember he kept it secret at WKU until after he told the team. Now if a meeting is being called, I suspect it will leak out.

We are fine. His agent is with Bobo as reported earlier. Final details getting hashed out.
I would love to hear they been with MBob all day, but I find that highly unlikely. I suspect they have our offer and are deciding what to do. I'm hoping that means they're still in WL. I assume they are because even if he was leaving he'd meet with the team.

No way on #2. That would leak.
Louisville's AD has reason to keep a lid on it given the disappointment and likely response, including the amount they had invested in getting Brohm here (e.g. rumor that major boosters funded Petrino's buyout because they wanted Brohm specifically). Brohm's working in his office at Purdue as of an hour ago. If he's already informed Purdue he's leaving, well, that would be "awkward".

Louisville's AD has reason to keep a lid on it given the disappointment and likely response, including the amount they had invested in getting Brohm here (e.g. rumor that major boosters funded Petrino's buyout because they wanted Brohm specifically). Brohm's working in his office at Purdue as of an hour ago. If he's already informed Purdue he's leaving, well, that would be "awkward".

Where did you hear that Brohm was in his office as of an hour ago?

I have a feeling that Tyra has far less authority on negotiations than Mbob. New guy-never been an AD-likely has less pull with University Prez and Bot, than Mbob. By this hour Brohm and agent have our offer. If they are discussing again with Tyra, he has probably shot his wad already. This is advantage to having Mitch Daniels involved. Former Director of Federal OMB in Washington and Gov, would have far reaching authority compared to Tyra, a gun shy Bot and that little Pakastani female president at UL.

Liking our chances every minute

The delay is he's watching this in a loop:

I will sign up for premium as soon as brohm stays. If not I may need a few months to recover from the break up lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT