ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota, MSU, O$U who give Purdue the bigger test?

Aug 20, 2010
I know people will be quick to discount Minny, and probably for good reason, but after this game they only have 1 maybe 2 more chances at making a case to join the Tourney this year... MSU is looking like they've figured something out lately. I only added O$U because of the Holtman firing. They have plenty of talent on that roster and when kids get a big reality check, like the the firing of their HC, on occasion, they will step up if not for one or 2 games and play out of their minds... For me its MSU but none of these 3 are gimmies at this point. Hope the guys continue to stay locked in like they have been.

I know people will be quick to discount Minny, and probably for good reason, but after this game they only have 1 maybe 2 more chances at making a case to join the Tourney this year... MSU is looking like they've figured something out lately. I only added O$U because of the Holtman firing. They have plenty of talent on that roster and when kids get a big reality check, like the the firing of their HC, on occasion, they will step up if not for one or 2 games and play out of their minds... For me its MSU but none of these 3 are gimmies at this point. Hope the guys continue to stay locked in like they have been.

Favored in all. Both MN & M$U will come after us hard as both need the game. I don't think either has the inside guys to deal with us. Although Payne certainly gets off the floor like a pogo stick. MSU has the players that could go off from outside.

But I see 3 Purdue wins there.

Favored in all. Both MN & M$U will come after us hard as both need the game. I don't think either has the inside guys to deal with us. Although Payne certainly gets off the floor like a pogo stick. MSU has the players that could go off from outside.

I echo your thoughts. Purdue should be favored in the rest of their games. None are gimmies as Purdue will get everyone's best game as a "ticket to the tourney". They need to go into each game ramped up, ready to dominate from the start, and not let up over these B10 foes.

Reactions: Boiler Buck

Oh yea 100% should be favored the rest of the season outside of possibly Illinois depending what happens from now to that game... But these 3 teams are somewhat at their last gasp to make the season worthwhile. MSU will probably make it into the tourney without a Purdue W but they are playing well of late and it's not just Walker carrying the load. MSU will be looking to rise in the seed line.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT