ADVERTISEMENT

The Illini looked good against Mizzu

goboilers2

All-American
Sep 26, 2001
St Augustine
They are flying high right now, especially putting up 97 against a P5 team. It is the first time I have watched them since last year.

Who of our first 12 opponents, do you think they resemble?

They are good and old. Start some 23 and 24 year old guys (Can't wait to get rid of these Covid years, lol, and I know Purdue is taking advantage of Jones too). They are definitely the 2nd best team in the B1G. Purdue can't have anymore bad losses like NW in conference play or they will be right there if they keep playing like this.

Reactions: goboilers2
They are flying high right now, especially putting up 97 against a P5 team. It is the first time I have watched them since last year.

Who of our first 12 opponents, do you think they resemble?

As I said in another thread...

MO being crushed by Illinois. IL looks scary good. Dad says they will be B10 champs. Possibly? I doubt it. I have Purdue by 3 games. But I will have to admit to my Dad they look tough and he could be right. (That's easier than it used to be as I get older). Lol

Reactions: goboilers2
They are good and old. Start some 23 and 24 year old guys (Can't wait to get rid of these Covid years, lol, and I know Purdue is taking advantage of Jones too). They are definitely the 2nd best team in the B1G. Purdue can't have anymore bad losses like NW in conference play or they will be right there if they keep playing like this.
We need to cheer for NW on 1/2 and 1/24! Maybe they will play with the same enthusiasm they did against us.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Illinois seems to always have the physical talent, but they have often lacked discipline in their play. Too much freelance. Maybe this year’s team is different. We will find out.

I hope we sweep them, not a underwood fan and think Hawkins is unreliable and overrated. They play similar to Alabama if comparing them to a team we’ve already played this year I think.

Illinois seems to always have the physical talent, but they have often lacked discipline in their play. Too much freelance. Maybe this year’s team is different. We will find out.

Consistency has been an issue at Illinois, too. But I guess that goes hand-in-hand with a lack of discipline.

Illinois is talented and athletic. They could be conference champions if they bring it every night. I wonder how their B1G schedule compares to Purdue's.

I feel the key to beating IL is holding Domask and Guerrier in check. Not letting Hawkins have a good game. Shannon is going to get his but need to make him work to do so.
I didn't see Dainja much in the game yesterday. Maybe it was for match up reasons. I can't imagine them trying to play us without Dainja starting.

Hack-a-Dainja! 5-17 from FT on the year.

FDU is next for Illinois…👀👀👀

Purdue could employ........dare I say, the Dainja Zone.......

Merry Christmas, Folks! Don't get up, I will see myself out.....

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT