ADVERTISEMENT

The Fighting Peters getting boat raced.

Anyone can watch UNC for 2 minutes and tell they have way more team speed and quickness than we do. Especially at the 3-5 spots. Outside of Ivey they are quicker at every spot.
I can’t even list how many teams I’ve seen people from all different kinds of fanbases comment on how slow our team looked compared to the other in our tourney losses. What would even be painters most athletic team of all time? Maybe back to the baby boilers. We usually have slow guards and centers. Carsen, Lewjack, and Ivey stick out. Not a ton more after them.

Yeah, but we just had to redshirt TKR. You know, to get that illustrious 5th season out of him that we'll never see.

For the life of me I don't understand why you don't play and develop high potential freshmen early on. We'll likely never see him stay for his 5th year with the transfer portal...
Have said this all along. Total dumbass move redshirting Kaufman. To be honest I don’t care about guys like Gillis redshirting but, I have a hard time believing Kaufman wouldn’t have helped us this year. Besides until Sasha we have never had a redshirt stay all 5 years besides Hummel who blew out both knees.

In a one and done format, it happens. They were able to exploit our lack of defensive quickness and our mediocre ball handling and passing. Carolina is better than us in those 2 areas.

A much more talented team than us lost to them also…
Wtf is our business with what other teams did against

Yeah, in hindsight...shame on not just those of us that follow Purdue as we do for ignoring it, but, shame on Painter (and, Lusk) more...if Purdue is ever as poor again defensively as THIS team, I am good with being as irrational as anyone else on here and calling for heads to roll.

This whole "offensive juggernaut" garbage is a joke, more so if you can't/won't defend...and, if you can't/won't defend AND still won't play a zone, I am more than ok with the idea that your job should indeed be in jeopardy...for being either stubborn, or, just stupid.

To be fair, an "offensive juggernaut" would typically score more than 64 points against a 15 seed. :D This team struggled to win when scoring less than 70 all season, and that held in the tournament, unfortunately, as well.

To be fair, an "offensive juggernaut" would typically score more than 64 points against a 15 seed. :D This team struggled to win when scoring less than 70 all season, and that held in the tournament, unfortunately, as well.
You are making my point for me, or, getting at what I was at least...that, the notion that this team was ok by being bad defensively because it was SO good offensively is simply false, as, they were not near as good offensively as analytics suggested, and, to the extent that they were...it was irrelevant in that it was not able to overcome the defensive deficiencies.

Defense was sacrificed for offense, and, it was too great of a sacrifice...defense DOES matter, regardless of how great you think you are or pretty much worthless analytics suggest that you might be.

Reactions: PurdueDave
You're welcome Davis for the free pass to the FF.
We had to play the defending national champions Baylor, a #1 seed, in a hostile Texas arena, with the refs trying to screw us.

Then we had to play a UCLA team that returned all its starters from last year's Final Four run.

Then we had to play a Cinderella team that managed to beat UK and Purdue.

Hardly a free pass. It was the toughest road any of the Final Four teams had.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT