ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Sinema and Manchin

She is definitely a wild card and IMO relishes being the female version of McCain. I remember her standing up clapping for Trump during the state of the union and I believe she was the only one who did so. Very independent and the Dems better be careful on how they treat her
They will harass and intimidate her and she will give in.

Reactions: pboiler18
Lance them & squeeze them out to the Republicans. LOL
Tax and Spend, tax and spend, tax and spend WAY beyond limits is all the Dems know how to do.
If our branches of government followed any corporate budgets, they'd have been out of business decades ago.
Y'all don't mind spending when a republican is in the office.

You Democrats don’t want to pay more in taxes. Just use everyone else’s money to pay for all these ridiculous pet projects.
Yeah, cut out the ridiculous loop holes rich folks get and you can pay for everything. There is no way someone needs a tax break for owning a Lear Jet.

Yeah, cut out the ridiculous loop holes rich folks get and you can pay for everything. There is no way someone needs a tax break for owning a Lear Jet.
Top 1% pay approximately 40% of all federal income taxes. If you want them to pay more ....fine make that case. But let's not act like the top 1% isn't paying a significant portion of federal income taxes.

Tell me why you think every dead beat should get the government to pay for everything citizen or not? I wonder how people made it 50 or more years ago? At that time the government didn’t provide housing, medical care, free education, food assistance, heating and cooling assistance, child care, and other things.

Top 1% pay approximately 40% of all federal income taxes. If you want them to pay more ....fine make that case. But let's not act like the top 1% isn't paying a significant portion of federal income taxes.
On the surface that is what they are suppose to pay. Subtract all the loop holes, they don't pay crap. The middle class like myself pays for the bulk of the taxes.

Do you think a person should be able to write off a Lear Jet?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
On the service that is what they are suppose to pay. Subtract all the loop holes, they don't pay crap. The middle class like myself pays for the bulk of the taxes.

Don't know what "on the service that is what they are suppose to pay" means?

But the top 1% pays approximately 40% of total federal income taxes paid.

Don't know what "on the service that is what they are suppose to pay" means?

But the top 1% pays approximately 40% of total federal income taxes paid.
Should be on the surface. I corrected it. I think.

Anyway, with all the loop holes that get, they don’t pay neatly that much. Should they get to write off owning a Lear Jet?

for federal income tax,
the top 1% pay about 40%

for total taxes,
(common employee pays more in payroll tax than income tax)
the top 1% earn about 21% percent of total income, and pay 24% of total taxes

Anyway, with all the loop holes that get, they don’t pay neatly that much. Should they get to write off owning a Lear Jet?
You seem terribly envious of Lear jets, can you put rimz on one? If it is used in conjunction to generating the income that tax is being pd on it comes with deductions. You can ride a bicycle to get to work but most people drive cars to get to work. You can get there in an old beater too but people generating income, jobs and taxes usually drive nicer more expensive vehicles and deduct them.

Tell me why you think every dead beat should get the government to pay for everything citizen or not? I wonder how people made it 50 or more years ago? At that time the government didn’t provide housing, medical care, free education, food assistance, heating and cooling assistance, child care, and other things.
Church organizations and the local community helped those who needed help.
Not those who make a living off of the system and are to lazy to go to work.

Church organizations and the local community helped those who needed help.
Not those who make a living off of the system and are to lazy to go to work.
Yes to a much lesser extent. Back then there was no disability or unemployment benefits either.

No you can't. That's a lefty talking point that has no bearing in reality at all. The only way to pay for this ridiculous crap is to tax the little guy. You could take 100% from the rich and it wouldn't be enough.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Well, we didn't have Democrats running up inflation so it was much easier back then!

Reactions: SKYDOG

They don't pay nearly how much? They already pay 40% of ALL federal taxes RIGHT NOW. How much do you expect them to pay?

Reactions: bonefish1
Yes we do! We've bitched about that too. You just have selective memory.
The pundits on Faux News never complains when there is a Republican in office. They didn’t mind spending for that stupid wall and forever wars.

No you can't. That's a lefty talking point that has no bearing in reality at all. The only way to pay for this ridiculous crap is to tax the little guy. You could take 100% from the rich and it wouldn't be enough.
Answer the question, should they be able to write off owning a Lear Jet?

The pundits on Faux News never complains when there is a Republican in office. They didn’t mind spending for that stupid wall and forever wars.
How would you know, you never watch it. I've seen them ask questions about it. You just assume they don't because you have been brainwashed with what the left wants you to think of Fox News.

Reactions: bonefish1

The 40% is not a theoretical #, it's what the top 1% pays based on actual federal income taxes paid.

for federal income tax,
the top 1% pay about 40%

for total taxes,
(common employee pays more in payroll tax than income tax)
the top 1% earn about 21% percent of total income, and pay 24% of total taxes
Why do we have this nonsense from Biden & democrats that the top 1% aren't paying their fair share in taxes?

If Biden wants them to pay even more, then he should make that case instead of lying about it.

On the surface that is what they are suppose to pay. Subtract all the loop holes, they don't pay crap. The middle class like myself pays for the bulk of the taxes.

You don't know anything about "loopholes" and you know it. It's simply an MSNBC talking point that you regurgitate.

Fact or fiction, can you write off Lear Jets?

I'm not a tax expert, so I don't know. But, if you can, and it's legal, then why not do what's in your best financial interest?

When you file taxes, do you claim any exemptions?

Fact or fiction, can you write off Lear Jets?
Yes, just like you can write off your house, or car or tractor or any major item you own. AGAIN, you should be upset with Democrats because they wrote that shit in. It's legal. Then those same Democrats use those laws to dupe people like you into voting for them by feigning anger at the tax loopholes that they wrote in, use themselves, AND get paid by corporations for "consulting" to explain what the tax code means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT