ADVERTISEMENT

Team speed and quickness

Boiler8285

Senior
Oct 30, 2010
……in my opinion single biggest issue with this team. Slow at every position. DL can’t get to QB or contain the edge. LBs slow to get to gaps and can’t stop runs wide. DBs incapable of 1v1 coverage. OL can’t protect QB. Looks like they are playing in mud. RBs go hard but once they get to second level can’t break away. WRs have zero deep threat to stretch the field. When the offense does manage to break through the defense the ball carrier is always caught from behind. Buy a stopwatch for whoever is next coach.

……in my opinion single biggest issue with this team. Slow at every position. DL can’t get to QB or contain the edge. LBs slow to get to gaps and can’t stop runs wide. DBs incapable of 1v1 coverage. OL can’t protect QB. Looks like they are playing in mud. RBs go hard but once they get to second level can’t break away. WRs have zero deep threat to stretch the field. When the offense does manage to break through the defense the ball carrier is always caught from behind. Buy a stopwatch for whoever is next coach.
I wouldn’t disagree but they are also coached to play slow IMo because they are worried about mistakes rather than playing naturally.

I wouldn’t disagree but they are also coached to play slow IMo because they are worried about mistakes rather than playing naturally.
It does seem like they are over coached and not sure what to do a lot of times, being hesitant for a second instead of instinct is all it takes for a big play for other team

Reactions: pboiler18
I'd say the OP is right on the money.

That and Nyland Green constantly getting beat over the top. What do you think he's going to do against Tez Johnson Friday?

I'd say the OP is right on the money.

That and Nyland Green constantly getting beat over the top. What do you think he's going to do against Tez Johnson Friday?

I'd hasten to wager it will be the Double Move Ducks a good chunk of the fine autumn evening......

BTW, Oregon opening as a 30.5 pt favorite on the road......

We shall see......

Linebackers are slow but we are piss poor at containment and allow teams to get outside too easily.

Reactions: NVboiler
That’s money man… if Joe Anderson had Shaun Phillips wheels, it would cost money to get him via transfer and to keep him

You think Thienemann is still here if he’s not a legacy? Yanni costs money or he’s free? Well, knowing Purdue, they gave a lot of money out equally, including to players who have no leverage.

Walters has done a shit job as coach. @pboiler18 did you see what I just said? Before anyone spazzes out.

But they actually played a halfway decent game against a ranked opponent and now we are getting to the crux of it.

Youd assume that if Purdue got a good g5 head coach, they could make it look at least that good in year one. At least.

And then Tony Stevens still can’t run, neither can Yanni, no one on the DL has ever done much at any school or under any coach, ditto Sillah, Breedlove wasn’t wanted at Colorado, Wingfield and Moussa don’t have any talent, Edrine and Tibbs have average speed, Klare is just a big receiver who can’t block for a TE, green was still a guy Georgia could have cared less about and on and on.

Walters is a huge part of the problem and should be gone. Even if, as some on on3 are saying, the biggest issues end up being Harrell and card, it took 18 games to figure that out?

The other big part of this problem is that this is the team Purdues donors will pay for. And that’s okay. I’m fine with 5-7 because I’m not giving a dime. But a new coach isn’t going to make Yanni and Stevens have big ten athleticism. It’s not going to make Brevard penetrate into the backfield like a 4 star Penn state NT. And it isn’t going to give Tibbs and Edrine wheels or Moussa big ten strength. Period

Lbs are slow. I'm not overly familiar with the roster but you have to wonder if there are some safeties or bigger wrs that could move to lb situationally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT