ADVERTISEMENT

Team speed and quickness

Boiler8285

Senior
Oct 30, 2010
……in my opinion single biggest issue with this team. Slow at every position. DL can’t get to QB or contain the edge. LBs slow to get to gaps and can’t stop runs wide. DBs incapable of 1v1 coverage. OL can’t protect QB. Looks like they are playing in mud. RBs go hard but once they get to second level can’t break away. WRs have zero deep threat to stretch the field. When the offense does manage to break through the defense the ball carrier is always caught from behind. Buy a stopwatch for whoever is next coach.

……in my opinion single biggest issue with this team. Slow at every position. DL can’t get to QB or contain the edge. LBs slow to get to gaps and can’t stop runs wide. DBs incapable of 1v1 coverage. OL can’t protect QB. Looks like they are playing in mud. RBs go hard but once they get to second level can’t break away. WRs have zero deep threat to stretch the field. When the offense does manage to break through the defense the ball carrier is always caught from behind. Buy a stopwatch for whoever is next coach.
I wouldn’t disagree but they are also coached to play slow IMo because they are worried about mistakes rather than playing naturally.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I wouldn’t disagree but they are also coached to play slow IMo because they are worried about mistakes rather than playing naturally.
It does seem like they are over coached and not sure what to do a lot of times, being hesitant for a second instead of instinct is all it takes for a big play for other team

Reactions: pboiler18
I'd say the OP is right on the money.

That and Nyland Green constantly getting beat over the top. What do you think he's going to do against Tez Johnson Friday?

I'd say the OP is right on the money.

That and Nyland Green constantly getting beat over the top. What do you think he's going to do against Tez Johnson Friday?

I'd hasten to wager it will be the Double Move Ducks a good chunk of the fine autumn evening......

BTW, Oregon opening as a 30.5 pt favorite on the road......

We shall see......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT