ADVERTISEMENT

Taking Care of Business

Bruce1

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2001
I am a little concern at all of the early discussions regarding our last two games. On paper both look like blowout wins but I just don’t feel that comfortable. I have been around Boiler sports for a long time and have seen us not show up for NW and any Boiler fan should know how volatile Bucket games are.

Now’s the time Boilers!!

Purdue plays to the level of their opponent! I said about 8 weeks ago we could easily win the rest of our games or we could also just as easily lose the rest of our games. And for speaking my mind, I was called an idiot!

As fans, it's impossible to ignore. As players, I hope they're keeping to one-game-at-a-time. We have the luxury of looking ahead. Jeff Brohm does not. But it's part of his job to keep the team focused on the Mildcats.

Is the line out? I’m guessing we’re -17 vs NU.
They flat out suck to high Heaven.

Currently 19.5 at my joint. Opened 18.5. I've seen it as high as 20.5.

Others of note:
Michigan -17.5 vs Illinois (thought it would be higher)
Michigan St -10.5 vs Indinia
Wisconsin -13 at Nebraska (seems high)
Ohio State -27.5 at Maryland
Penn St -20.5 at Rutgers

AND:

Minnesota -2.5 vs Iowa

if their team shows up like they did vs osu they can give us fits. They played fairly physical that day
40+ mph wind and sheeting rain knocked Stroud totally off his game. Northwestern played its defense in a phone booth. Purdue will need to be able to throw the ball downfield.

I thought Purdue played everybody within 7 points. I can’t remember the last time I watched a game w/o palpitations.

Purdue will March over NWU and Indiania. NWU game is senior day and last home game. Purdue coming off a big win and Def continues to get better.

Indaani will play typical Indinaa football and look to get off the field shortly after their seniors are announced and celebrate their departure from IU. IU is not playing well right now and they have one more game with their new QB to try and establish something, anything before taking on their rival at home. That said, emotions will be high so Purdue has to score early and often so Indiaan loses all hope. Allow them to stick around, then it could be a problem in the end.

Reactions: Tommaker
Currently 19.5 at my joint. Opened 18.5. I've seen it as high as 20.5.

Others of note:
Michigan -17.5 vs Illinois (thought it would be higher)
Michigan St -10.5 vs Indinia
Wisconsin -13 at Nebraska (seems high)
Ohio State -27.5 at Maryland
Penn St -20.5 at Rutgers

AND:

Minnesota -2.5 vs Iowa
Yeah, that Wisconsin line looks too big. I don't trust the Badgers to score 13 on anybody, except Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT