ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

Bingo! Did anyone else see the obvious missed holding call on that last drive when the Purdue guy was literally held and yanked to the ground right in front of the QB when he rushed through the line? I saw it on TV so the refs surely saw it! That’s what grinds my gears when they can’t call the obvious but they find anything possible to throw a flag at Purdue on the final drive. Yes Purdue is 3-0 no matter what if they play better but call it fair and Purdue is probably sitting at 3-0 no matter what!
I think that's the one where their QB ran to the right sideline and threw it out of bounds. Iur guy busted through and was pulled down from the back in front o ref. I was waiting for the flag too,

Reactions: DAG10
The team definitely lacks leadership...but, there is a lot to be left to be desired on/from the sidelines as well right now.

Save running the table, which seems really unlikely, this season has been wasted to this point and stands to be on the whole.

There is a complete lack of discipline by guys, and, nobody held accountable as mentioned previously either.
this is why I was wait and see if they can win the west.

I agree, but, the officiating today was egregiously bad...they helped put Purdue in said situation, in some cases, as much as Purdue did.

The calls (or lack thereof) on the final drive were so bad, that, it should be used for "potential gambling implications" in training seminars.

Like say, Purdue did more than enough on its own to lose that game, but, somehow had still put itself in a position to win it...that, at the end today, was almost as bad as the game in Minneapolis two years ago.
Yes, where on an early play one of Minnesota's best defensive players kicked our tight end laying on the ground in the crotch in front of a ref, no ejection and not even a penalty. From that alone I knew what the result of the game would be.

How easy to make the game go whatever way you want by ignoring obvious penalties and calling them on trivial minor things never called as a penalty except in those game influencing moments, or seeing something that never occurred.

Incorrect spotting of the ball in the early part of the game for first downs against Purdue was indicative of what was later to come. Amazing how the ref across the field could spot the ball better than the person right at the actual play.

Reactions: DAG10
I think that's the one where their QB ran to the right sideline and threw it out of bounds. Iur guy busted through and was pulled down from the back in front o ref. I was waiting for the flag too,
Yes and yes. That was the definition of a holding penalty to a T that would of swung momentum in Purdues favor creating a 3rd and very long but instead the refs took over. I understand Purdue didn’t play their best game and the refs didn’t loose them the game but they sure did help. Refs have one job to do and that is to judge the game as fair as possible so they shouldn’t be turning a blind eye to the obvious and calling questionable crap in favor of one side and expect fans/players/coaches not to say anything. Lots of home cooking in the last few minutes.

• Love
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT