ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

Bad officiating creates frustrations with the f’ing refs. No wonder the coaches were yelling. Bad calls and one sided officiating. Just watch the replays of our passes. Pass interference time after time not called.

I don't understand how this is our story year after year. I don't get it.
Because Purdue makes the same damn mistakes year after year...they don't have LBs...they don't have RBs...they can't run the football...they NEVER can get a stop on defense...they literally find ways time and again to lose games...poor clock management...poor play calling...a 6th-year QB handing them 6 points...Purdue is the master at finding way to lose games that it should not.

Bad officiating creates frustrations with the f’ing refs. No wonder the coaches were yelling. Bad calls and one sided officiating. Just watch the replays of our passes. Pass interference time after time not called.
Like say, that was some big-time horrible officiating at an entirely different level...to the point that an investigation for gambling would be well-deserved...they absolutely gifted Syracuse the entire final drive.

No sh!t Purdue players lost control or were emotional...they were screwed royally.

Just stop. Purdue lost because their coach can't manage the clock, the players and coaches are undisciplined, and Brohm can't give up play calling.

Like say, that was some big-time horrible officiating at an entirely different level...to the point that an investigation for gambling would be well-deserved...they absolutely gifted Syracuse the entire final drive.

No sh!t Purdue players lost control or were emotional...they were screwed royally.
Boo hoo you took the lead shut your mouth and go back to the bench Durham.

Reactions: Boiler8285

The all time excuse junior.

Just stop. Purdue lost because their coach can't manage the clock, the players and coaches are undisciplined, and Brohm can't give up play calling.
Again, Purdue, as usual, was its own worst enemy, but, the officiating flat gave them the final TD...there were multiple horrible calls...it was inevitable what was going to ultimately happen.

Purdue put itself in that position, largely because of Brohm to your point, but, they had that game stolen still...

Reactions: NVboiler
The all time excuse junior.
What happened today was borderline criminal....no excuse about it...that was the most egregiously poor effort that there could have been...it ultimately decided the outcome, and, it never should.

Between the horrible guys calling the game and their total bias for Syracuse, Brohm being clueless, Purdue's defense doing anything but defend, Special Teams being Special at an epic level, rivaled only by the incompetence of the officiating, and, O'Connell with one of the most boneheaded plays ever that loomed incredibly large in the end....that was one of the least enjoyable games I can remember wasting an afternoon watching Purdue football.

I am the poster child for "glutton for punishment", no doubt about it...

Purdue Football's slogan should simply be..."We build you up...just so we can let you down."

Reactions: NVboiler
I don't think Purdue should waste the extra media money they will be getting on athletics. It won't change anything. Might as well put it to use where it will do some good.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Looks like I picked the wrong week.....

giphy.gif

sniff-glue-sniff.gif

Between the horrible guys calling the game and their total bias for Syracuse, Brohm being clueless, Purdue's defense doing anything but defend, Special Teams being Special at an epic level, rivaled only by the incompetence of the officiating, and, O'Connell with one of the most boneheaded plays ever that loomed incredibly large in the end....that was one of the least enjoyable games I can remember wasting an afternoon watching Purdue football.

I am the poster child for "glutton for punishment", no doubt about it...

Purdue Football's slogan should simply be..."We build you up...just so we can let you down."
or the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I think that the officials should be investigated for deliberately influencing the game. Spots for first downs going against Purdue. What penalties were called and what ones weren't called? How about near the end of the game call taunting on a Purdue player when it was prevalent throughout the entire game by both teams, but sure, call it when it gives Syracuse a chance to win. And then when the coach rightfully questions it, penalize him too.

It's hard to win a game when you have 13+ opponents on the field. Sure could have done things better to try to win the game, but would they have been allowed to? Bad officiatig ruins sports.

Reactions: DAG10
I think that the officials should be investigated for deliberately influencing the game. Spots for first downs going against Purdue. What penalties were called and what ones weren't called? How about near the end of the game call taunting on a Purdue player when it was prevalent throughout the entire game by both teams, but sure, call it when it gives Syracuse a chance to win. And then when the coach rightfully questions it, penalize him too.

It's hard to win a game when you have 13+ opponents on the field. Sure could have done things better to try to win the game, but would they have been allowed to? Bad officiatig ruins sports.

Durham should have kept his mouth shut. He does, we win. Simple as that...

Every game has questionable calls, but late hits, taunting, coaches penalties, those are discipline issues that if you don’t do, they don’t get called.
Yeh, the ball bounces crazy ways, but you can’t blame the refs when you put them in the position to effect the game

Bingo! Did anyone else see the obvious missed holding call on that last drive when the Purdue guy was literally held and yanked to the ground right in front of the QB when he rushed through the line? I saw it on TV so the refs surely saw it! That’s what grinds my gears when they can’t call the obvious but they find anything possible to throw a flag at Purdue on the final drive. Yes Purdue is 3-0 no matter what if they play better but call it fair and Purdue is probably sitting at 3-0 no matter what!

Every game has questionable calls, but late hits, taunting, coaches penalties, those are discipline issues that if you don’t do, they don’t get called.
Yeh, the ball bounces crazy ways, but you can’t blame the refs when you put them in the position to effect the game.

I've given Jeff Brohm a lot of grief over that, and it starts and ends with him, but there also needs to be some team leaders stepping up and calling it out as well, whether it's O'Connell, Allen, Graham (even if injured), or somebody else. Maybe that happens during the next week, but I certainly don't see the signs of it happening.

We shall see - a lot of season left, but this Boiler team has already wrecked a couple of games.....don't turn the season into a junker. Can they do it - I think they have enough talent (even with some glaring deficiencies), but they'll have to find some poise in a hurry.

Yeh, the ball bounces crazy ways, but you can’t blame the refs when you put them in the position to effect the game.
I agree, but, the officiating today was egregiously bad...they helped put Purdue in said situation, in some cases, as much as Purdue did.

The calls (or lack thereof) on the final drive were so bad, that, it should be used for "potential gambling implications" in training seminars.

Like say, Purdue did more than enough on its own to lose that game, but, somehow had still put itself in a position to win it...that, at the end today, was almost as bad as the game in Minneapolis two years ago.

Bingo! Did anyone else see the obvious missed holding call on that last drive when the Purdue guy was literally held and yanked to the ground right in front of the QB when he rushed through the line? I saw it on TV so the refs surely saw it! That’s what grinds my gears when they can’t call the obvious but they find anything possible to throw a flag at Purdue on the final drive. Yes Purdue is 3-0 no matter what if they play better but call it fair and Purdue is probably sitting at 3-0 no matter what!
Of course I/we saw it...EVERYBODY saw it...including BOTH officials that saw it directly in front of them, but, chose to ignore it...what was/is worse, is that it was the same play that a phantom defensive holding call was made against Purdue...gifting Syracuse an automatic first down.

What happened on the field today with the officials was horrible at an epic level...that game flat screamed "fixed" with some of what was, and, was not, called...especially on the final Syracuse drive.

I agree, but, the officiating today was egregiously bad...they helped put Purdue in said situation, in some cases, as much as Purdue did.

The calls (or lack thereof) on the final drive were so bad, that, it should be used for "potential gambling implications" in training seminars.

Like say, Purdue did more than enough on its own to lose that game, but, somehow had still put itself in a position to win it...that, at the end today, was almost as bad as the game in Minneapolis two years ago.
The team definitely lacks leadership...but, there is a lot to be left to be desired on/from the sidelines as well right now.

Save running the table, which seems really unlikely, this season has been wasted to this point and stands to be on the whole.

There is a complete lack of discipline by guys, and, nobody held accountable as mentioned previously either.

Reactions: pu1985
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT