ADVERTISEMENT

Student Debt Cancellation

I remember being told “there are no free lunches”. The person that said that never had the foresight of Joe Biden being President

It’s just plain economic incompetence.
America has literally turned into the land of the free.

Just more Biden-flation.

Larry Summers agrees…student debt bailout is inflationary.

Lots of people don't. Some do. I have several young kids in my immediate family who owe a shit ton for college and don't make very much money. They will be helped at a $10,000 grace. I suppose you also agree with Herschel Walker that "we already have enough trees". Damn dude, find another place to post your Republican drivel other than a Purdue sports site.

Lots of people don't. Some do. I have several young kids in my immediate family who owe a shit ton for college and don't make very much money. They will be helped at a $10,000 grace. I suppose you also agree with Herschel Walker that "we already have enough trees". Damn dude, find another place to post your Republican drivel other than a Purdue sports site.
Have your several young kids be responsible and pay the debt they signed up for. It’s not my responsibility to pay their debt. Maybe your young kids should pay my check at the restaurant. I’m responsible for the food ordered, but it seems reasonable that they should pay for it. That would help me out so it seems fair.

🎉Congratulations on being paid by Biden for your vote.

😢. Maybe someone should have taught your immediate family about ROI.

😭 Don’t like my drivel, hit the ignore button.

This is what happens to kids who get participation trophies.

As for families, I have a sister who is single. she found a way to pay $150k on her two kids college and she and her kids still don’t make more than $60k. She made her final payment in 2020. (So go ahead and cry me a river). Oh, yeah, she voted to Biden and NOW (finally)….she is pissed.

This college debt buyout reminds me of people who pull up to the food pantry in their new cars, get out, load up their carts, then fill up their cars with government goods. 🙌😉

Why not….ITS FREE!!!!!!🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Last edited:
Damn dude, find another place to post your commie Democrat bullshit other than a Purdue sports site.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Don't worry, I will. Might even drink a few beverages out of plastic bottles, maybe shoot a polar bear and chop down a tree for some firewood (but it's August, i don't need firewood)..
Remember back in 2018-19 when you were on one of your 'Fire Painter' rants and swore that BoilerBall wouldnt even sniff the tourney for the next 4 years and that you wouldnt watch even one more minute ; ) followed up by one of your posts where you said you were so absolutely shithoused drunk that you said you fell into your buddy's firepit and was having trouble texting because of your burned hands...

That was your best-est work. More posts like that please!

Have your several young kids be responsible and pay the debt they signed up for. It’s not my responsibility to pay their debt. Maybe your young kids should pay my check at the restaurant. I’m responsible for the food ordered, but it seems reasonable that they should pay for it. That would help me out so it seems fair.
So you rather be responsible for paying for tax breaks for the rich?

Time for minimum GPA requirements to receive student loans. If you don’t have a 3.0 or above, you get no more money.

🎉Congratulations on being paid by Biden for your vote.

😢. Maybe someone should have taught your immediate family about ROI.

😭 Don’t like my drivel, hit the ignore button.

This is what happens to kids who get participation trophies.

As for families, I have a sister who is single. she found a way to pay $150k on her two kids college and she and her kids still don’t make more than $60k. She made her final payment in 2020. (So go ahead and cry me a river). Oh, yeah, she voted to Biden and NOW (finally)….she is pissed.

This college debt buyout reminds me of people who pull up to the food pantry in their new cars, get out, load up their carts, then fill up their cars with government goods. 🙌😉

Why not….ITS FREE!!!!!!🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
She found a way to pay and that is great. However, if she or the kids took out a student loan and then the president decides to forgive a portion or all of the loan, she would turn that offer down, right?

• Haha
She found a way to pay and that is great. However, if she or the kids took out a student loan and then the president decides to forgive a portion or all of the loan, she would turn that offer down, right?
No one that can receive it is going to turn it down. They would be stupid to. That doesn’t mean it should have been done in the first place.

This is simply Biden and the Left attempting to buy votes.

Actually, she said she would turn it down…that’s why she was mad.

(Our father told us to pay our bills and not take hand outs. It’s just how we were raised. I get that it is a difficult concept for some to grasp).

If you have ever watched Cinderella Man, you might remember a scene. (It’s when Jim Braddock went in to pay back the money he received from the government during the depression after he had got out of debt)

Last edited:
Actually, she said she would turn it down…that’s why she was mad.

(Our father told us to pay our bills and not take hand outs. It’s just how we were raised. I get that it is a difficult concept for some to grasp).

If you have ever watched Cinderella Man, you might remember a scene.

Yeah, ok.

Hey @gr8indoorsman and @BuilderBob6 do you guys support Biden’s use of the 2003 Heroes Act to pay off student loans in 2022?
Taxpayers funded my entire college tuition, my masters degree, and my wife’s MBA, and will pay for a significant part of my daughter’s college educations. Kinda hard for me to be tremendously critical of using taxpayer dollars to pay off 40% of the average student loan debt. Principally, I do not agree with it. Principally, I don’t agree with a lot of the Democratic platform. I also don’t think it’s the end of the ****ing world.

Taxpayers funded my entire college tuition, my masters degree, and my wife’s MBA, and will pay for a significant part of my daughter’s college educations. Kinda hard for me to be tremendously critical of using taxpayer dollars to pay off 40% of the average student loan debt. Principally, I do not agree with it. Principally, I don’t agree with a lot of the Democratic platform. I also don’t think it’s the end of the ****ing world.

so we do this every 4 years,right? We print a half trillion to a trillion.

edit : You never paid taxes. You may now.

Last edited:
Good thing this student loan debt relief wasn't $50K or more. You guys would jump off a cliff. Good gracious.

You guys couldn't apply for this debt relief fast enough if you were in this situation and you know it.

Good thing this student loan debt relief wasn't $50K or more. You guys would jump off a cliff. Good gracious.

You guys couldn't apply for this debt relief fast enough if you were in this situation and you know it.
What do you say to all those who never attended college or those that did payoff their loans? Better yet, what do you say to those that have privately funded student loans and got no relief?

Do you think the government should stop issuing government funded student loans since they are clearly bad at it?

What do you say to all those who never attended college or those that did payoff their loans? Better yet, what do you say to those that have privately funded student loans and got no relief?

Do you think the government should stop issuing government funded student loans since they are clearly bad at it?
That is beside the issue for people like me that had student loans years ago and paid them off. Or, those that never attended college, or those that have loans that are privately funded. Moving forward, this $10K loan forgiveness is the way to go. I wish it was more. Better than nothing.

The interest rates on these loans are ridiculous. Years ago right winger didn't even vote to reduce the interest rates. Yet they vote to forgive rich folks paying taxes all the time.

• Haha
so we do this every 4 years,right? We print a half trillion to a trillion.

edit : You never paid taxes. You may now.
I sure as hell do and always have. Not all of my income is paid by the government. Less than 20% of it is now, when I was on active duty my taxable salary made up about 1/2 of my taxable income.

Not sure what your first question has to do with anything. Put up a reasonable Republican candidate and he or she will likely get my vote. Put up Trump again, and expect to keep having these conversations for another four years because I will not vote for him, even against Biden again.

That is beside the issue for people like me that had student loans years ago and paid them off. Or, those that never attended college, or those that have loans that are privately funded. Moving forward, this $10K loan forgiveness is the way to go. I wish it was more. Better than nothing.

The interest rates on these loans are ridiculous. Years ago right winger didn't even vote to reduce the interest rates. Yet they vote to forgive rich folks paying taxes all the time.
How is that beside the issue? The government gave out dumbass loans to dumbass individuals who couldn’t cover them.

Rich folks drive the economy and job market. Dumbasses with mountains of student loan debt leach off tax payers.

Again, should the government get out of the student loan business? Should there be a GPA requirement in order to take out a loan?

I sure as hell do and always have. Not all of my income is paid by the government. Less than 20% of it is now, when I was on active duty my taxable salary made up about 1/2 of my taxable income.

Not sure what your first question has to do with anything. Put up a reasonable Republican candidate and he or she will likely get my vote. Put up Trump again, and expect to keep having these conversations for another four years because I will not vote for him, even against Biden again.

In 4 years we are right back where we are now with student debt. So do we do this every four years? Are you looking for a payoff or a solution?

In 4 years we are right back where we are now with student debt. So do we do this every four years? Are you looking for a payoff or a solution?
I am not personally looking for anything. As mentioned, I don’t agree with the debt relief in principle. And as I said, put up a respectable Republican candidate and I will vote as such.

This isn’t the first time a politician I voted for did something I don’t like, and it won’t be the last, either.

I am not personally looking for anything. As mentioned, I don’t agree with the debt relief in principle. And as I said, put up a respectable Republican candidate and I will vote as such.

This isn’t the first time a politician I voted for did something I don’t like, and it won’t be the last, either.

i know you aren’t an attorney. Why are you speaking like this 😆

i know you aren’t an attorney. Why are you speaking like this 😆
Like what? Being reasonable rather than absolutist?

Trump did some things I liked. He did some things I find abhorrent.

Biden has done some things I like. Biden has done some things I don’t like politically, but I don’t find him abhorrent.

Obama did many things I didn’t like politically, but I would’ve taken him over Trump.

Hillary and Trump are both abhorrent. Didn’t vote for either one.

Would like to see two candidates in their 50s or 60s with moderate platforms. Conservative voters SHOULD love Liz Cheney, but they won’t because the party can’t get past Trump. Personally I hope she runs because she won’t be afraid to take Trump out at every corner even at the expense of her own candidacy. I think all the guys last time were afraid to take him to task, or when they did they didn’t do it with any substance. Now, there is plenty of substance to throw against him and intelligent Republicans will recognize that… hopefully they will then ensure he is not the nominee.

Reactions: BuilderBob6

should college be free?

How is that beside the issue? The government gave out dumbass loans to dumbass individuals who couldn’t cover them.

Rich folks drive the economy and job market. Dumbasses with mountains of student loan debt leach off tax payers.

Again, should the government get out of the student loan business? Should there be a GPA requirement in order to take out a loan?
This loan cancellation is not just about folks who can’t pay back their loans. Most people pay their loans. This is for anyone with a student loan that make less than $125K.

I don’t know if the government should get out of the student loan business or not. And no, their should not be a GPA requirement.

Yes, or no. If you were in this situation with student loans and the government wanted to forgive it, would you apply for it,

Like what? Being reasonable rather than absolutist?

Trump did some things I liked. He did some things I find abhorrent.

Biden has done some things I like. Biden has done some things I don’t like politically, but I don’t find him abhorrent.

Obama did many things I didn’t like politically, but I would’ve taken him over Trump.

Hillary and Trump are both abhorrent. Didn’t vote for either one.

Would like to see two candidates in their 50s or 60s with moderate platforms. Conservative voters SHOULD love Liz Cheney, but they won’t because the party can’t get past Trump. Personally I hope she runs because she won’t be afraid to take Trump out at every corner even at the expense of her own candidacy. I think all the guys last time were afraid to take him to task, or when they did they didn’t do it with any substance. Now, there is plenty of substance to throw against him and intelligent Republicans will recognize that… hopefully they will then ensure he is not the nominee.
What has Biden done that you liked?

I'm doing my best to contribute to global warming. Filled up the SUV this week. Going boating this weekend. Got the lawn guys out there mowing, blowing and trimming (all gas powered equipment). Flying to NY next week. I can hear the ozone hole widening as we speak (or is it carbon emissions? Greenhouse effect? I can't keep it straight).
I’ll be flying my private jet to a global warming symposium. Oh wait no that’s John Kerry doing that.

Years ago people were to proud to ask for help even if they needed it. They would find a way through tough times by purchasing only necessities and actually getting a job. Jobs were tough to come by back then and now not so much. Unemployment benefits shouldn’t even exist now with the surplus of jobs available.

What has Biden done that you liked?
The infrastructure bill. Increased focus on climate friendly energy (even though I think they’re looking at the wrong things - need to go to nuclear.) Handling of Ukraine. I don’t remember all the EOs and things he did right after taking office but some of those I agreed with. He stopped alienating the US from treaties and agreements like NATO, et. al.

In general, this administration has shifted away from nationalism which is a good thing, IMO, because that kind of thing tends toward the extreme unless it is checked.

Also happy that Pubs will win at least one house of congress so we will go back to slow changes and check the progressive left from thinking they have a mandate (which they clearly do not).

• Haha
This loan cancellation is not just about folks who can’t pay back their loans. Most people pay their loans. This is for anyone with a student loan that make less than $125K.

I don’t know if the government should get out of the student loan business or not. And no, their should not be a GPA requirement.

Yes, or no. If you were in this situation with student loans and the government wanted to forgive it, would you apply for it,
You said it yourself here... This is only for those who can pay back their loans. If that's the case, why are we paying them off with tax payer money?

Why should there be no GPA requirements? There is income and credit requirements for all other loans. Why is there no check for student loans? Pure Idiocy.

I would take advantage of an government freebie. As I stated, you would be stupid not to. That doesn't mean I agree the freebie should have been passed in the first place.

The ironic thing is that you have no issue with people taking advantage of this government freebie, but you do have issues with the rich taking advantage of the tax code.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT