ADVERTISEMENT

Starting lineup against the Hogs

Same old big man dominant bball cant make fts cant dribble penetrate cant shoot.

I thought last years loss would be the final wake up call for painter to ditch his stupidity. Instead he said he woke up and realized he needed to doubke down on stupid and start 2 big men and stay with man to man at all times.

Idc if we win or lose this game it means nothing but its clear as day come march it will be deja vu. Painter is a stubborn ****ing moron
Could also be because Purdue struggles to recruit guard talent. But I agree, if guards don't have a bigger role, it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Same old big man dominant bball cant make fts cant dribble penetrate cant shoot.

I thought last years loss would be the final wake up call for painter to ditch his stupidity. Instead he said he woke up and realized he needed to doubke down on stupid and start 2 big men and stay with man to man at all times.

Idc if we win or lose this game it means nothing but its clear as day come march it will be deja vu. Painter is a stubborn ****ing moron
I will say this, shooting is worrisome. Jones isn’t a great shooter, Smith/Loyer/Colvin/Gillis need to hit shots, maybe Morton as well although I doubt he’s the guy.

Reactions: Boiler Buck

Yup this x1000000. Plays two starting 5's together. Guards can't shoot and no zone defense.

I will say this, shooting is worrisome. Jones isn’t a great shooter, Smith/Loyer/Colvin/Gillis need to hit shots, maybe Morton as well although I doubt he’s the guy.

Yea shooting is lower B10 level bad. But it's early.

Athletic difference between these 2 teams is fairly significant to me. They are a long bunch too. Causing P turnovers.

Reactions: northside100

This is what I've missed for the past six months ❤️

Smith still gets into wayyyy too many bad spots
Agree. He's also completely gassed and trying to put the team on his back with Zach out. I was happy to see Jones get benched for shot hunting though. He can be incredibly important in relieving Braden but he can't fall into the bad habits / bad shots he had at SIU.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Yes, also missed this! Go zone, very insightful! ❤️
Same ole Painter gets the same ole comments. If his method is actually successful in March (final 4's/NC's) I will stop

Unathletic, can't shoot and no zone with two starting 5's. A true reflection of their coach.

Painter plays the most boring brand of basketball in the country. No attacking Defense and run shot clock down and feed edey the ball. Yeah it got us a BIG title and tourney title woohoo. Where is the March success? Will never come if he chooses to play like this for the rest of his time at Purdue and a majority of the people will be so happy like yourself.

Painter absolutely embarrassed himself as a coach during the tourney last year. So far against a long athletic team same story!

Yes, also missed this! Go zone, very insightful! ❤️

You must be a mental midgit if you cant understand how zone here and there could be helpful to a team playing 2 huge slow footed bigs at all times since painter seems to love making winning secondary to playing his style.

Yea shooting is lower B10 level bad. But it's early.

Athletic difference between these 2 teams is fairly significant to me. They are a long bunch too. Causing P turnovers.
I wouldn’t get to worked up about an exhibition game on the road against a likely top 10 team. Loyer and Colvin need to be shooters this year, Smith is ok, Gillis ok, Jones maybe ok, I have a feeling this will be the one thing we complain about this year.

Reactions: Bill4411
I wouldn’t get to worked up about an exhibition game on the road against a likely top 10 team. Loyer and Colvin need to be shooters this year, Smith is ok, Gillis ok, Jones maybe ok, I have a feeling this will be the one thing we complain about this year.

Doesn't matter who wins.
Fun 2nd half. Both teams with runs.
Gillis the eventual difference maker for P....even with that last reg play.
Ark fun to watch. Prob see them again....or teams as good/athletic.

People all fired up over Practice! Where’s Allen Iverson these days lol
We are fired up because they way last season ended...And the fact that the things that killed us last year have not been improved...And for just a practice....Painter seems to not be playing much of the bench

Reactions: bonefish1
This was such a stupid game to agree too. So much risk.

Though this game doesnt count, this teams outcome will be the same as the ones before it. Painter will never change, nor will our drought of final 4s under him.

I still don't get why we didn't foul when we were up 3 at the end of the game...How many last second shots do down against us over the years

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Clearly Painter needs to start Furst with TKR and Edey. 2 big man is clearly not enough. We need to triple down.

Idk how many more repeats we need to see of guards beating bigs for this dumbass coach to wake up. Im atleast fully prepared this year for the first weekend exit in March and even if we go undefeated into March I will not expect anything less.

Looks like Smith hasn't improved. Still driving into the lane with nowhere to go. Makes terrible passes or gets stripped. Going to be another disappointing March. Still can't shoot. Edey looked terrible down low. Missed a ton of close shots. Still can't make 3's or drive to the basket. Still can't switch up our defense when the other team can't miss a shot. Typical Purdue crap.

I think what makes me more upset than the insanity our coach uses, is that some of you fans defend the actual insanity of doing the same thing over and over and hoping/expecting a different result. Its ridiculous. Our ONLY good march team was bucking that stupidity.

Whatever. Another fun year of stupidity

Exhibition game, road game, first game, a lot of fouls that probably during the year will go our way.... everybody needs to relax... including myself.

Reactions: PUQBMan. and Roeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT