ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium at 1/4 capacity

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
Who is going to get cut out? 1/4 of the stadium is roughly the size of the student section. But the AD isn’t making money off student tickets. On the other hand, at 1/4 full IU could break attendance records this season.

Reactions: KentuckyBoiler
Who is going to get cut out? 1/4 of the stadium is roughly the size of the student section. But the AD isn’t making money off student tickets. On the other hand, at 1/4 full IU could break attendance records this season.
Are you contacting the geese in those numbers? If not, that might still be a stretch for them.

In all seriousness about this, I would rather have football and be at 25% than no football at all or the stand being completely empty.

However, this is going to be the last year for the most exciting player in college football, and I hate that most people are going to have to watch him on tv this year, including probably myself, instead of being able to see him in person. He is worth the price of admission by himself.

it will be interesting to see how it is handled. it is time to renew season tickets and they would have to refund a lot of money if only 25 % capacity is allowed. makes me wonder how they will handle bball seating. perhaps if the 500 can pull off a big crowd then purdue football can also

In all seriousness about this, I would rather have football and be at 25% than no football at all or the stand being completely empty.

However, this is going to be the last year for the most exciting player in college football, and I hate that most people are going to have to watch him on tv this year, including probably myself, instead of being able to see him in person. He is worth the price of admission by himself.
Agree some is better than none. But again, how do they decide who gets in? Obviously season ticket holders come first as always. And the first thing they should get rid of is the visiting team allotment. What about the students? Limited number based on seniority? And will they raise ticket prices (supply vs. demand)?

Reactions: KentuckyBoiler
As a season ticket holder, 33% capacity makes sense. 6 home games, each season ticket holder picks 2 games or they randomly select 2 games for everyone or whatever so every game gets 1/3 of the season ticket holders. You could still do that with 25% but it just makes more sense in my head to keep using the 33%.

After that, figure out how much capacity is left and sell those tickets to students.

it will be interesting to see how it is handled. it is time to renew season tickets and they would have to refund a lot of money if only 25 % capacity is allowed. makes me wonder how they will handle bball seating. perhaps if the 500 can pull off a big crowd then purdue football can also
It's a logistical nightmare. 25% is around 14,000. We have something like 32k season tickets? Per Carmin there were 11k student season tickets last year. Logic says everyone gets 2 games, but trying to figure out how to do it? I for one know that I probably can't get to any noon kicks because I work Friday overnights - at least I did before shutdown, don't know when I'm going back. But when are times even going to be announced for games? And if they decide what seats attach to certain games based on social distancing rules, who is going to stay in their given seat since 3/4 of the seats are empty and surely there are better open seats somewhere. Just weird. I'd hate to be running the show.

Agree some is better than none. But again, how do they decide who gets in? Obviously season ticket holders come first as always. And the first thing they should get rid of is the visiting team allotment. What about the students? Limited number based on seniority? And will they raise ticket prices (supply vs. demand)?
Good questions. I guess that is why Daniels and Bobinski get paid the big bucks.

Good questions. I guess that is why Daniels and Bobinski get paid the big bucks.
And they aren’t in this alone. Every school will have similar decisions to make and will surely be sharing notes. I just can’t imagine excluding students, the lifeblood of the campus. And students have a very limited time as students. But it may come down to that in order to recoup as much of the ticket sales as possible.

How about letting people in that have tickets. Temperature check at gate, if ok then it's your responsibility not Purdues.
Exactly!!! This is getting rediculous now.......Still young and healthy people arent affected by this............If this werent an election year.....Plain and simple, if your worried about crowds then dont go to games!

Months of research in the crucible of Walmart has confirmed that full capacity stadiums are reasonable and possible. Supporting this claim I volunteer to sit in the full capacity section requiring hand sanitizers before and after every high-five and touchdown.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
what's ridiculous is some of you never had any intention of following the established guidelines.

and now when you are given a little bit of a glimpse of real football, you still whine and complain.

Exactly!!! This is getting rediculous now.......Still young and healthy people arent affected by this............If this werent an election year.....Plain and simple, if your worried about crowds then dont go to games!
Let all the students in, but make them sit in their designated sections. THEN you apply the 25% rule elsewhere.

This is slightly off topic, but it is so funny that I have to share it. In preparation for students returning in the fall, the maintenance staff in my building (Beering) has put down blue tape arrows on the floors to indicate which side of the hallway people should walk on. Now, my office hallway is one-way. To go from my office to the mailroom (30 feet away) I am supposed to walk all the way around the perimeter (maybe 300 feet) to check my mail. But here's the funny part. They have now posted signs on the exterior doors of the building, indicating that the right door is "entrance only" and the left door is "exit only." (Never mind that they are side-by-side with no doorframe between them.) The only problem is that the keys we have to ENTER the building only work on the "EXIT" door! Every time I go to my office I am reminded of the Farside comic where the kid trying to enter the "Midvale School for the Gifted" is pushing against a door marked "PULL." At any rate, I plopped down my 4K for my 2 season football tickets, and I expect to be in the stands this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT