ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football Roster

Matt Tiger

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2018
Tom,as soon as possible,can you post an accurate and complete Spring roster? If you could do that it would please knuckleheads everywhere!

I am really hoping Wright is getting his academics in order this semester.
I hope he steps away from football (but stays in great shape) to get what he needs done and back on the field. Still dripping potential after an 800 yard season. Sky is the limit for him and the offense next year if he’s back.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Saw that. Wish him the best, but grass is not always greener on the other side. Suspect he'll end up with Rutgers.
With Purdue's track record the last few years, he could have been a possible starter by mid season. Hope for no bad mojo, and don't wish injury bug on Aidan O'connell or anyone else.
Anyone know where this puts us, scholarship wise?

Anyone know where this puts us, scholarship wise?
Really good question. Purdue usually loses a few more after the Spring semester grades & now the additional transfers after Spring ball thru portal, it is really difficult to keep track of for the everyday Knuckleheads like us.
We should be safe by May, but load in a few more during summer. Where we stand now? Dunno...

Saw that. Wish him the best, but grass is not always greener on the other side. Suspect he'll end up with Rutgers.
With Purdue's track record the last few years, he could have been a possible starter by mid season. Hope for no bad mojo, and don't wish injury bug on Aidan O'connell or anyone else.
If he was not ahead of Burton at this point, and, with Allen coming in, seemed like a no-brainer. We never got to see what he had to offer...we will now find out perhaps...personally, I hope it is not somewhere in the B1G, although to your point, Rutgers does make sense.

You think you are moving to a better situation, but unlikely. The best way to succeed is perseverance and transferring is not perseverance. Just come in every day and work your butt off to be better. Just get a little better everyday at where you are and no telling where you could end up. That is what Aiden has/is doing. The act of transferring is not going to make you better.

• Love
Reactions: Purdue85
You think you are moving to a better situation, but unlikely. The best way to succeed is perseverance and transferring is not perseverance. Just come in every day and work your butt off to be better. Just get a little better everyday at where you are and no telling where you could end up. That is what Aiden has/is doing. The act of transferring is not going to make you better.
Guys don't care about being/getting better...they want to play...and, he will likely find someplace where he can, or, that he believes he can.

There was a lot of buzz around him, but again...if he could not find his way to the field at all to this point, it probably was not happening with the guys ahead of him and Allen coming in. I feel like Allen is the real deal...but, Purdue has not done well otherwise in recent years with recruiting/developing a HS QB...hopefully that changes with Allen and moving forward.

There are plenty of qbs who transferred and succeeded.

you have 5 years to play 4. If your coaches tell you you have little to no shot, find a better situation

There are plenty of qbs who transferred and succeeded.

you have 5 years to play 4. If your coaches tell you you have little to no shot, find a better situation
Yeah... that's all true, and yet '75 is still right.

Life is about grinding, working and perseverance, which leads to reward.

You can quit.

You can transfer.

You can try to find an easier path.

You can also grind your @ss off, and win.

It's not easy. It's not pretty. It's gratifying as hell.

• Haha
Reactions: DAG10 and pboiler18
Yeah... that's all true, and yet '75 is still right.

Life is about grinding, working and perseverance, which leads to reward.

You can quit.

You can transfer.

You can try to find an easier path.

You can also grind your @ss off, and win.

It's not easy. It's not pretty. It's gratifying as hell.
There’s no glory in working your ass off in a no win situation. If there are more talented players in front of him, there is no shame in transferring somewhere where he can play

it’s as if some of you folks never left a job before

There’s no glory in working your ass off in a no win situation. If there are more talented players in front of him, there is no shame in transferring somewhere where he can play

it’s as if some of you folks never left a job before

I've left plenty of jobs, dude. I've also regretted it plenty of times.

I've quit, I've gone the path of least resistance, and I've also flipped the middle finger to those who want me to do that, and then succeeded. And that, my friend, is when I found true independence and success.

You're wrong: there IS "glory in working your ass off in a no win situation". In fact, that's not where Alaimo is. It's only "no win" when a person quits.

Make no mistake: I wish him the best. I also want him to succeed. I also want him to grow, and become stronger. (And, yes, heat makes you stronger.).

Don't make excuses for him, and don't excuse away his flight from those trials that will make him stronger.

I've left plenty of jobs, dude. I've also regretted it plenty of times.

I've quit, I've gone the path of least resistance, and I've also flipped the middle finger to those who want me to do that, and then succeeded. And that, my friend, is when I found true independence and success.

You're wrong: there IS "glory in working your ass off in a no win situation". In fact, that's not where Alaimo is. It's only "no win" when a person quits.

Make no mistake: I wish him the best. I also want him to succeed. I also want him to grow, and become stronger. (And, yes, heat makes you stronger.).

Don't make excuses for him, and don't excuse away his flight from those trials that will make him stronger.
If you’re in a role where there is no chance of advancement (which alaimo is) there is no gain to grinding it out. Find a situation where you can advance. To sit and grind in silence is just stupid. Get what you can get.

If you’re in a role where there is no chance of advancement (which alaimo is) there is no gain to grinding it out. Find a situation where you can advance. To sit and grind in silence is just stupid. Get what you can get.

So you say.

There's "no chance of advancement"???

Please share ... how do you foretell the future?

Did you do that for Aiden? Is that how he got here, your crystal ball and wise counsel?

So you say.

There's "no chance of advancement"???

Please share ... how do you foretell the future?

Did you do that for Aiden? Is that how he got here, your crystal ball and wise counsel?
Well, if you had a premie subscription, you would know why I said what I said.

Reactions: pboiler18
incorrect. Reverse that. You're arguing opinion. There's nothing objective you've stated. If so, link to it.
No,I’m correct. You have not stated one fact. Just a bunch of boomer opinion. Point me to a fact i your posts.

if you had a premie subscription, you would see why I say what I did. But… you don’t.

No... no you didn't. You didn't "(call me) out". You have a different opinion.

You also claimed to have "fact" supporting your opinion.

If you have something that contradicts my point of view, I'm good with that. Share it. Support your position.
It’s on the premie board big man. Feel free to go read it.

Reactions: pboiler18
Well, if you had a premie subscription, you would know why I said what I said.
Premium subscription or not, the mere suggestion that he had no chance for advancement is flat wrong, and, if someone/anyone told him as much, they are an idiot...ESPECIALLY with the situation that it is at Purdue right now...heck, he advanced already just by Plummer leaving...by literally doing nothing at all, he had moved up the depth chart.

Reactions: Purdue85
Premium subscription or not, the mere suggestion that he had no chance for advancement is flat wrong, and, if someone/anyone told him as much, they are an idiot...ESPECIALLY with the situation that it is at Purdue right now...heck, he advanced already just by Plummer leaving...by literally doing nothing at all, he had moved up the depth chart.
iu

Reactions: DAG10
That’s one opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT