ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Zo is getting back into coaching

Chase has stated as well as Zo and Painter, that Chase has no desire to coach and will pursue a career as a mechanical engineer.
Thanks. I hadn't heard that. I knew he was getting his mechanical engineering degree, but Purdue doesn't have a coaching degree.

I don't know if I ever heard what Painter's degree from Purdue was.

Cuonzo has always been one of my favorites and when I listen to his podcasts, I like him even more.

If I’m Zo, my first hire is PJ Thompson. I am confident that Painter would love to promote PJ to assistant coach, but he has no openings.

The way that PJ has run the offense this year is extremely impressive. It would not surprise me at all if he were to eventually succeed Painter at Purdue.

Last edited:
Cuonzo has always been one of my favorites and when I listen to his podcasts, I like him even more.

If I’m Zo, my first hire is PJ Thompson. I am confident that Painter would love to promote PJ to assistant coach, but he has no openings.

The way that PJ has run the offense this year is extremely impressive. It would not surprise me at all if he were to eventually succeed Painter at Purdue.

No we need to keep PJ!

I think it would be more Zo’s style to hire an AAU coach of the next 5 star recruit he is trying to sign. Zo has always found ways to lure great players to play for him. However his coaching skills were always just a tad lacking. At Missouri St he’s not going to attract a big name assistant coach. But he might attract someone who can bring in some top rated players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT