ADVERTISEMENT

So the season comes down to the Bucket game

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Admittedly, I had hoped we'd be two wins more going into the IU game.

How do you see this game going down?

I think this becomes a shootout in Gloomington. Defenses on both sides will have a hard day but I see the Boilers D being a little more aggressive and helping the Offense win this.

Stays close for 3Qs but Purdue always seems dominant throughout the game and pulls away heading into the fourth quarter.

Leaving the stadium largely empty except for loud and proud Boiler fans.

Reactions: 1234FirstDown

I think this becomes a shootout in Gloomington. Defenses on both sides will have a hard day but I see the Boilers D being a little more aggressive and helping the Offense win this.

Stays close for 3Qs but Purdue always seems dominant throughout the game and pulls away heading into the fourth quarter.

THe question is, "Does either team deserve a bowl game."

Reactions: 1234FirstDown

I’m nervous that I.U. has a good RB in Stevie Scott. 139 yards against Michigan. Our Defense better be up for this game and key on shutting him down. Two weeks of poor performances by our Defense need to end this trend. Rivalry week. I believe we get it done.
Purdue 37
IU 28

Last edited:

I was hoping that we would have at least 6 wins going into the Bucket Game. After the Iowa win, I was feeling pretty good. But, here we are.

We will have to bring our A game for this one...IU is good and should not be underestimated. Norm

I think we are going to have to establish a running game. Seeing us play the last two weeks without J. Thieneman, and seeing our defense crumble in the second half, we need to control some clock. We can't be in a position in the 4th quarter where they can run on us at will because our defense is gassed. Time for Markell to step up and have his annual big game.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
I think we are going to have to establish a running game. Seeing us play the last two weeks without J. Thieneman, and seeing our defense crumble in the second half, we need to control some clock. We can't be in a position in the 4th quarter where they can run on us at will because our defense is gassed. Time for Markell to step up and have his annual big game.
Remember Rose Bowl year? I thought Drew Brees was going to torch I.U. for 500 yards. Instead we ran over and thru them like water gushing over a dam.
I hope Purdue finds a way to gain a lead by any means possible, then push the ball down their throat. Watching the victory formation is a satisfying moment seeing hard work over 58 + minutes produce the "W".

Whoever thinks this is a blowout is crazy.....IU playing better than us last couple of games....they are at hoe fighting for a BOWL game.....who ever wins, will go down to a field goal! Surprised we are favored by 4......PUR 31-30

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT