ADVERTISEMENT

Signing day thread

This is how the game is played now. I like Painter but just taking a guess I don't think they handle things like Brohm and staff.
Brohm is an excellent coach but I think what they have assembled as a staff as a whole makes them outstanding
I would say that is probably correct. Painter is probably recruiting the same way he started out. You really have to show some of these kids the love and that you can relate to them.

Let's be honest. The Knight and Keady old school style does not work with this generation.

Is the punter we are signing, Brooks Cormier coming on scholarship or a walk on like the kicker, Obarski?

could we sign a return of jumbo heroes too ?!
I really enjoyed when they had the jumbo heroes, which could be used as a marketing tool with potential recruits, since they have grown up with the Marvel Universe over the last 10 years.

I know he is not announcing until January, and wouldn't sign until February, but another analyst picked Purdue for Bell yesterday.
Lots of recruits, even one for 2020 I believe, reaching out to Bell via Twitter about coming to Purdue.

This will be very similar to Moore’s last year and likely wants to try to use his platform to help springboard the class of 2020 in a similar fashion. At the end of the day, elite players want to play with elite players...wouldn’t doubt to see a few elite level QB’s and RB’s offered in the 2020 class although the numbers would be low (likely one for each position). If you can take a top 5 position guy from QB and RB, you take them every single year.

Lots of recruits, even one for 2020 I believe, reaching out to Bell via Twitter about coming to Purdue.

This will be very similar to Moore’s last year and likely wants to try to use his platform to help springboard the class of 2020 in a similar fashion. At the end of the day, elite players want to play with elite players...wouldn’t doubt to see a few elite level QB’s and RB’s offered in the 2020 class although the numbers would be low (likely one for each position). If you can take a top 5 position guy from QB and RB, you take them every single year.

Who has reached out to him?

As of 8:35 ET - we're waiting on these 8 players' signatures:
Karlaftis
Grant
Saunders
Graham
Wahlberg
Piferi
Kpaka
Triplett

Kpaka has signed. That's 18 signees. Waiting on 7 more plus Bell next month. Max is 25 so not sure what sort of numbers wizardry Brohm has up his sleeve.

9:30 update - waiting on these players:
Karlaftis
Saunders
Graham
Wahlberg
Piferi
Triplett

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT