ADVERTISEMENT

Signing day thread

Exactly. Purdue doesn't invest in graphics like that for unofficial visits. Therefore. It's likely official
He took his visit the weekend before he committed. He told them he would commit so the graphics team whipped up this "photo" of him in a Purdue uniform. Photoshopping his head in a uniform with some fancy graphics the day he commits does not make his visit several days prior an official.

Exactly. Purdue doesn't invest in graphics like that for unofficial visits. Therefore. It's likely official
There's been a ton of 2020 talent that have visited and tweeted pictures like that. Check the Dec 14-16 visits thread. All of those are unofficial visits. While Wahlberg may have been on an official visit, the quick photoshoot is no indication.

Like how we have former Purdue players welcoming the new class.

Purdue Football Retweeted
Cliff Avril‏Verified account@cliffavril 43m43 minutes ago
Shoutout to all the new additions to @BoilerFootball! #BoilerUp
1f682.png
#NSD19

DuzlP8OU0AI085g.jpg

GoldandBlack.com

Brohm says this signing class could grow today from the current list that has been provided to the media. #Purdue

Does anyone know who this tweet could be referring to besides Bell or does it just mean Bell, since I thought it was a hard 25 as everyone has been saying for the last few days?

There's been a ton of 2020 talent that have visited and tweeted pictures like that. Check the Dec 14-16 visits thread. All of those are unofficial visits. While Wahlberg may have been on an official visit, the quick photoshoot is no indication.
That's true. Good point.

Something Strange is up with Triplett. He had his signing day ceremony at 3:30 est. there is a picture of it with him and his teammates, he is wearing a Purdue hat, pen in front but no paperwork to sign. Purdue hasn’t announced him officially. He is retweeting a bunch of Purdue stuff. Is he Blue Shirting or is the social media team just behind?

Something Strange is up with Triplett. He had his signing day ceremony at 3:30 est. there is a picture of it with him and his teammates, he is wearing a Purdue hat, pen in front but no paperwork to sign. Purdue hasn’t announced him officially. He is retweeting a bunch of Purdue stuff. Is he Blue Shirting or is the social media team just behind?
Don't believe he can blueshirt. Only Wahlberg meets those requirements. He could greyshirt if needed.

Maybe he can't officially announce it until the semester is over and those 2 current boilers leave?

Any word on what’s going on with the linebackers? Three still listed as verbals only and it doesn’t look like Brohm talked about any of them.

Any word on what’s going on with the linebackers? Three still listed as verbals only and it doesn’t look like Brohm talked about any of them.

Wahlberg isn’t signing until summer so he’ll count towards next class, Triplett signed but it’s not being acknowledged by Purdue, & no idea on Saunders...

Triplett has a ceremony and signed something today. Not announced by Purdue. Saunders and Wahlberg crickets

I’m just confused by the situation with Triplett and have been following it all day. I think the kid has a ton of potential, he has gotten a lot of postseason awards, and he was an early commit. It seems we are waiting to accept his NLI for some reason.

Reactions: IronChefBBQ
I’m just confused by the situation with Triplett and have been following it all day. I think the kid has a ton of potential, he has gotten a lot of postseason awards, and he was an early commit. It seems we are waiting to accept his NLI for some reason.

Lot of rumors that we want him to greyshirt, meaning he’ll have to pay his own way to be a normal student in the Fall & not be on scholarship/join the team until 2020...

Don't sweat it. Trpplett had his signing ceremony and announced it on Twitter. His coach was to fax it. I'm guessing their fax didn't get to Purdue or was no good and no one noticed it on their end yet.

Purdue can't announce it if they didn't get the actual paperwork.

Saunders is signed. That leaves 2 open spots. I'm assuming one is for Bell obviously. On Brohm radio show tonight he talked about liking to keep a few scholarships available for transfers or grad transfers. He said the transfers count towards the 25 limit and how with the quality of this class he kept the guys instead of saving the openings. I wonder if Wahlberg and Triplett were asked to shirt so he had room for David Bell and a possible grad transfer

It could just be a bad picture but Yanni didn't look like he was ecstatic to be there. I think that whiner coach up in Ann Arbor got in his ear this season.

He's young, though. I cannot imagine how I would have handled that kind of attention half way through high school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT