ADVERTISEMENT

Signing day thread

Possible Bell signed today and will keep it quiet until announcing it at the AA game. Not saying I have heard anything, but it's possible and other players do it.

OT: IU lost out on a WR recruit to the powerhouse in Alabama, Troy.

10:30 update - waiting on these players:
Karlaftis - signing tonight at Bruno's
Saunders
Wahlberg
Triplett - signing today at 2:30

Possible Bell signed today and will keep it quiet until announcing it at the AA game. Not saying I have heard anything, but it's possible and other players do it.

We stopped recruiting Todd because of an incident he was involved in at Mississippi State. Also hearing Bell is a lock to Purdue. Congrats he will be a stud.

So what we have been saying for how long now?
Yea we were being told that the IU visit moved the needle but were never sure it was going to be enough and obviously it wasn't. I am happy with our class and we still have room to sign some in February.

Yea we were being told that the IU visit moved the needle but were never sure it was going to be enough and obviously it wasn't. I am happy with our class and we still have room to sign some in February.

I wonder what's better, to sign the whole class now, or leave a few for the late period hoping to find a gem?

The only teams that sign late nowadays are ones still assembling their classes. Id rather sign up all my plan A kids early than have lots of open spots trying to scramble.

The only elite guys who are unsigned after this week are the guys who will announce later and go to blue bloods and usually have 4 and 5 stars attached to their names

Troy is a good program. My cousin was Brandon Silvers and was a4

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I wonder what's better, to sign the whole class now, or leave a few for the late period hoping to find a gem?
If you find players that fit your system. I say sign them now. We did find Mosert late, but that is the exception anymore in my opinion.

The only teams that sign late nowadays are ones still assembling their classes. Id rather sign up all my plan A kids early than have lots of open spots trying to scramble.

The only elite guys who are unsigned after this week are the guys who will announce later and go to blue bloods and usually have 4 and 5 stars attached to their names
I would mostly agree with this. The only question I have, without doing the math, is how many spots will the blue bloods have available after today versus how many high quality recruits are uncommitted.

I would mostly agree with this. The only question I have, without doing the math, is how many spots will the blue bloods have available after today versus how many high quality recruits are uncommitted.

They might be football coaches, but they can do math.

Most of those blue bloods have open schollys waiting. It generally goes the other way...3 stars who have conditional offers don't sign elsewhere hoping that the place they want to go strikes out on all of their better options and the offer isnt conditional anymore.

What's going on with the LBs? Assuming they are signing this afternoon but would like to see them sign soon !

Triplett is signing at 2:30 cst, 3:30 est according to his twitter
That would leave Saunders and Wahlberg as the only ones yet to sign (assuming George signs tonight). I'm guessing there are some greyshirt/blueshirt conversations going on right now.

That would leave Saunders and Wahlberg as the only ones yet to sign (assuming George signs tonight). I'm guessing there are some greyshirt/blueshirt conversations going on right now.
Actually I think George signed technically earlier today. I think Bruno might just be the party "signing" event.

Wahlberg would be the only blue shirt candidate as he is the only commit who fits the criteria.

Wahlberg would be the only blue shirt candidate as he is the only commit who fits the criteria.

Which would make sense why Purdue would take him this late in the process. It would also make sense as to why they would back off of Williams, although he may have been a gray shirt option? (Grades?). That could have been why we stayed on him so late in the process even when no spots were available (assuming we would get Bell). Who knows. I am sure there are a ton of conversations going on behind the scenes we would not be privy to. I’m just super happy about this class. Unbelievable considering where Purdue was just a few years ago. This is arguably the best class in the modern era. And if they all live up to their billing, it will be without a doubt the best (as Orton’s class had some guys that didn’t pan out for various reasons). There are like 10 guys that would have been the best player in the class over the Haze years. The talent will take a huge jump once all these guys in into the strength programs and learn the system. What a great day to be a Boiler!

Hope so , basing it on 247 website. Sent his letter in already.
The Purdue football twitter account hasn't posted anything about him signing. Not sure if they're holding off to give his signing party more umpf or if 247 is wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT