ADVERTISEMENT

Sampson James to Purdue

It’s a world where so many guys don’t appreciate their first opportunity until they don’t have anymore opportunities. I don’t know if that is the case with James, but it is with a lot of guys

this is tantamount to the scene from espn broke where Someone talks about how an athlete close to retirement has spent their money, so now they start chasing investments that will pay 10x.

Evan Anderson
Dejoun hewitt
Tirek Murphy

YOU are losing while guys who don’t recruit attrition are winning. So now you kinda have to chase.. besides horvath, I’m not sure you have anything set in stone.. and I’m a fan of king Doerue

but sometimes the chase investment becomes Google, so who knows lol
Evans mom passed away during spring camp his freshman year. That’s why he left. Wasnt looking for another opportunity in a greener pasture

Evans mom passed away during spring camp his freshman year. That’s why he left. Wasnt looking for another opportunity in a greener pasture

that’s tragic. But there are other coaches who have that happen in a position group and don’t ALSO recruit a guy who ended up not being a player at this level and another guy who was more into … other things.. than football.

again, a guys mom passes and he leaves school yes that happens. OR a guy bites people and makes you prepare everyone for him to not be a player with the whole “hey wouldn’t it be neat if we put a big outside receiver in the slot” sales pitch OR a guy ends up being Tirek Murphy. OR you recruited and signed a guy without seeing any signs that despite being a high level OL recruit.. he’s about to decide that football is not for him. Or Perkins OR major or or or…

but when it’s all we’ve lost, you’re losing games you otherwise wouldn’t lose.

people here want to believe that there aren’t coaches all over America who could have come here with the same 85 scholarships brohm had and not had the attrition he had.. and not still be looking for answers that brohm doesn’t seem to have in year 5.

but there are. Pat Fitzgerald is one of them. There’s a good chance that if he came here he passes on some of the 5.6+ guys who haven’t worked out for 5.5 guys who would have been solid players at their position by now.

seems like there are two camps that make up 95% of this forum. Brohm can do no right or brohm can do wrong and neither group can accept anything other than their dogmatic beliefs.

Reactions: purduepat1969
that’s tragic. But there are other coaches who have that happen in a position group and don’t ALSO recruit a guy who ended up not being a player at this level and another guy who was more into … other things.. than football.

again, a guys mom passes and he leaves school yes that happens. OR a guy bites people and makes you prepare everyone for him to not be a player with the whole “hey wouldn’t it be neat if we put a big outside receiver in the slot” sales pitch OR a guy ends up being Tirek Murphy. OR you recruited and signed a guy without seeing any signs that despite being a high level OL recruit.. he’s about to decide that football is not for him. Or Perkins OR major or or or…

but when it’s all we’ve lost, you’re losing games you otherwise wouldn’t lose.

people here want to believe that there aren’t coaches all over America who could have come here with the same 85 scholarships brohm had and not had the attrition he had.. and not still be looking for answers that brohm doesn’t seem to have in year 5.

but there are. Pat Fitzgerald is one of them. There’s a good chance that if he came here he passes on some of the 5.6+ guys who haven’t worked out for 5.5 guys who would have been solid players at their position by now.

seems like there are two camps that make up 95% of this forum. Brohm can do no right or brohm can do wrong and neither group can accept anything other than their dogmatic beliefs.
Insane drivel

Some coaches would be here and have less attrition than brohm
You realize that we are bottom 5 in P5 football with amount of kids who have left the program in the transfer portal era right?

You’re grading the current coach on a reverse curve….basically pre transfer portal days. The landscape of college football has changed….but your stick is still firmly stuck in 2009s mud.

you feel like we’ve lost more kids to transfer now because it’s publicized more now than ever. Facts say otherwise. You’re going to have to find something else to go after Brohm on…

You realize that we are bottom 5 in P5 football with amount of kids who have left the program in the transfer portal era right?

You’re grading the current coach on a reverse curve….basically pre transfer portal days. The landscape of college football has changed….but your stick is still firmly stuck in 2009s mud.

you feel like we’ve lost more kids to transfer now because it’s publicized more now than ever. Facts say otherwise. You’re going to have to find something else to go after Brohm on…
Brohm has only been coach post portal? My understanding was we lost very few people this past offseason. Not for the entire time the Portal has been going.

im not out to go after brohm. I’m not like you.. I don’t start with “I like/don’t like x” and work backward from there.

Brohm has only been coach post portal? My understanding was we lost very few people this past offseason. Not for the entire time the Portal has been going.

im not out to go after brohm. I’m not like you.. I don’t start with “I like/don’t like x” and work backward from there.
I only don’t like you because you choose to spout off your pre manufactured narrative over and over on this board. Why not try to relax, enjoy some football and let Brohm surprise you like it’s 2017 all over again.

I only don’t like you because you choose to spout off your pre manufactured narrative over and over on this board. Why not try to relax, enjoy some football and let Brohm surprise you like it’s 2017 all over again.
I’m crushed ..

I don’t have a pre manufactured narrative .. you’re projecting. You like brohm, do everything works backwards from that. Other people think brohm is Danny hope and work backwards from that.

My only interest is not thinking we are a 7-5 team If we are a 5-7 team, because it is would feel like 2005 again.

lol you have personal feelings about dudes on message boards. If you don’t quote me for a few months there’s a good chance I would be able to tell you very few things you’ve ever thought about anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT