ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Phinisee...'18

boilercss

True Freshman
Feb 2, 2014
I see CMP was in to watch his game Saturday. Anyone have anything else to add?
Local product putting up some nice numbers as a soph.
5' 10" point guard. I believe I did see that our neighbors to the south had already offered,

Height has to be from a year ago. I'm 6'2 and he is just slightly shorter than me. Slight of build but bigger than last year, quick, calm demeanor. McCutcheon has a lot of scoring so he won't have to have a big scoring nights for them to win. More than capable to drive and shoot from outside but facilitates the offense quite well. Just a hound on defense.

He played with the Indiana Elite team last summer and traveled the country. Good family. Very intelligent per my son.

Height has to be from a year ago. I'm 6'2 and he is just slightly shorter than me. Slight of build but bigger than last year, quick, calm demeanor. McCutcheon has a lot of scoring so he won't have to have a big scoring nights for them to win. More than capable to drive and shoot from outside but facilitates the offense quite well. Just a hound on defense.

He played with the Indiana Elite team last summer and traveled the country. Good family. Very intelligent per my son.
I'm sold. Sounds like he would be a good fit.

Robert is one of 4 players Coach Rick Peckinpaugh has on this team with D1 interest . I know this because Rick told my son and I this a couple of weeks ago . He is a good kid from a good family . I know the family as my son has coached his younger brother Joseph in youth sports and played with my Grandson ( you can learn a lot in a lawn chair ) . The family clearly are die hard Purdue fans . I first seen Purdue interest in Rob when Jack Owens came to watch CJ Walker play against McCutcheon last year at the time he was a Purdue commit . It wasn't close Rob was the better player that night . Rob has the IU offer and has been down there a couple of times and Crean has been to the Phinisee's for a in home visit . He also has interest from Butler , Xavier and Illinois . He says he talks to Painter about once a week . Painter walked into the Gym and the buzz was electrifying . Rob had scored 31 the night before Painter missed that game because he was watching Kris Wilkes 2017 . The only time I have seen Rob outplayed was against Cline in the regional . He couldn't stop him and was benched in the 2nd half in favor of a bigger Heard who did better but couldn't stop him either . He reminds me of Stephens not Kendal but Everett . Will we land him ? Many factors will come into play way to early to predict . Some Indiana Elite connections Justin Albers who covers IU for scout coaches for IE . My Grandson was asked to tryout for IE's 8 year old team . My son won't let him but was honored for the invite . He wants him to play all sports and enjoy being a kid .

[QUOTE="
I did see that our neighbors to the south had already offered,[/QUOTE]
By now Crean has offered every top 300 player in the 2018 class

Reactions: Schnelk
Robert is one of 4 players Coach Rick Peckinpaugh has on this team with D1 interest . I know this because Rick told my son and I this a couple of weeks ago . He is a good kid from a good family . I know the family as my son has coached his younger brother Joseph in youth sports and played with my Grandson ( you can learn a lot in a lawn chair ) . The family clearly are die hard Purdue fans . I first seen Purdue interest in Rob when Jack Owens came to watch CJ Walker play against McCutcheon last year at the time he was a Purdue commit . It wasn't close Rob was the better player that night . Rob has the IU offer and has been down there a couple of times and Crean has been to the Phinisee's for a in home visit . He also has interest from Butler , Xavier and Illinois . He says he talks to Painter about once a week . Painter walked into the Gym and the buzz was electrifying . Rob had scored 31 the night before Painter missed that game because he was watching Kris Wilkes 2017 . The only time I have seen Rob outplayed was against Cline in the regional . He couldn't stop him and was benched in the 2nd half in favor of a bigger Heard who did better but couldn't stop him either . He reminds me of Stephens not Kendal but Everett . Will we land him ? Many factors will come into play way to early to predict . Some Indiana Elite connections Justin Albers who covers IU for scout coaches for IE . My Grandson was asked to tryout for IE's 8 year old team . My son won't let him but was honored for the invite . He wants him to play all sports and enjoy being a kid .

Curious who the 4 kids on McCutcheon that coach was referring. I go to most of the games. I assume Phinisee, Butler, Deaton. Who is the fourth?

Curious who the 4 kids on McCutcheon that coach was referring. I go to most of the games. I assume Phinisee, Butler, Deaton. Who is the fourth?
He didn't say it was in context as to why our second grader should play 5th & 6th grade . Something along the lines of better competition in practice is more important than games . And having 4 kids with D1 interest is better for all of them and entire team . I won't speculate on who he was referring to . He didn't say and I didn't ask sorry .

The fourth could be Jackson Smeltz who is on the basketball team, and committed to play baseball for Oklahoma State lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT