ADVERTISEMENT

A Small Update On some Recruits

oldboiler52

True Freshman
Jan 5, 2012
Raliegh Burgess is not playing AAU he is recovering from a broken leg. Expected back in mid-June. I cannot find anything on Jack Benter playing for anyone?
Kanon Catchings has been simply terrible from 3pt range 11 of 45 for 24% the high flying version has his overall average at 44.2% making 50-113. His rebounding has improved grabbing 5.6 per game and scoring 11.2 points in 12 games he has 8 blks and 10 steals with 12 assist. Kid has put up some amazing dunks. The Indy heat have been less than impressive going 4 and 8. With Haralson and Sisley averaging nearly the same numbers as Catchings. The heat play positionless basketball or 5 out. It is sloppy and ineffective it's hard to watch. They look good in attack mode and awful in the half court offensive. Catchings is impressive regardless of where he is playing 1-5 and he can guard 1-5. Kid needs to bulk up I seen where they list him at 6'9" seems about right. If he can add 10 to 15 pounds, I will call him a day one starter probably at the 4 where he will be a walking mismatch. In the few Heat games, I have watched Sisley has been a huge weapon and we need to land him (Robby Hummel with 2 good knee's). Haralson playing up 2 years kid is a star among stars. Plays a physical game and is always in attack mode does turn it over a lot almost 2 per game.

Harris has been shinning on the Adidas Circuit mainly do to his 3pt shooting I think he is around 60% his AAU team doesn't put out much. I read where he is basically a Purdue lock. Travis Perry has been as advertised mainly due to Flory running the court and drawing double teams which leaves Perry open, and he has knocked them down. Their Indiana Elite team has been winning. I didn't want Flory, but I was wrong about him he has matured into a great 4 and will excel in the future. Travis Perry threads the ball between 2 and 3 defenders and Flory cashes them in. 247 rates Perry as a top 5 PG. Dayton Forsythe has good numbers playing on the Nike circuit, but his team is 4 and 8 also and hasn't won against a team with a winning record. Sorry for the crappy write up. The dementia has me on the ropes today.

Thank you for taking the time to share. Your posts are always objective and factual with a little speculative conclusion. I’d love for any of these players to come to Purdue

Raliegh Burgess is not playing AAU he is recovering from a broken leg. Expected back in mid-June. I cannot find anything on Jack Benter playing for anyone?
Kanon Catchings has been simply terrible from 3pt range 11 of 45 for 24% the high flying version has his overall average at 44.2% making 50-113. His rebounding has improved grabbing 5.6 per game and scoring 11.2 points in 12 games he has 8 blks and 10 steals with 12 assist. Kid has put up some amazing dunks. The Indy heat have been less than impressive going 4 and 8. With Haralson and Sisley averaging nearly the same numbers as Catchings. The heat play positionless basketball or 5 out. It is sloppy and ineffective it's hard to watch. They look good in attack mode and awful in the half court offensive. Catchings is impressive regardless of where he is playing 1-5 and he can guard 1-5. Kid needs to bulk up I seen where they list him at 6'9" seems about right. If he can add 10 to 15 pounds, I will call him a day one starter probably at the 4 where he will be a walking mismatch. In the few Heat games, I have watched Sisley has been a huge weapon and we need to land him (Robby Hummel with 2 good knee's). Haralson playing up 2 years kid is a star among stars. Plays a physical game and is always in attack mode does turn it over a lot almost 2 per game.

Harris has been shinning on the Adidas Circuit mainly do to his 3pt shooting I think he is around 60% his AAU team doesn't put out much. I read where he is basically a Purdue lock. Travis Perry has been as advertised mainly due to Flory running the court and drawing double teams which leaves Perry open, and he has knocked them down. Their Indiana Elite team has been winning. I didn't want Flory, but I was wrong about him he has matured into a great 4 and will excel in the future. Travis Perry threads the ball between 2 and 3 defenders and Flory cashes them in. 247 rates Perry as a top 5 PG. Dayton Forsythe has good numbers playing on the Nike circuit, but his team is 4 and 8 also and hasn't won against a team with a winning record. Sorry for the crappy write up. The dementia has me on the ropes today.
Are you old school pharmacy old boiler 52 or are you the son? Thanks for the write up!

Of all the reports, all the players..... players we have or don't have yet, I want most as Boilers are the 2 that haven't committed yet.....

Harris & Perry

Just need to continually upgrade the guards to take the next step. The higher the guard skill level @ the 1-4 the better. (Yes, even the 4 as Hummel demonstrated) In college it's all about the guard play.

I looked at the roster Dustin Smith putout in April, Jack wasn't on it so thank you! I will try to catch up on him.
I’ve searched on Twitter but don’t see much outside of the one or two posts. Whatever AAU league they play in doesn’t post a lot of results.

Same with Adidas gauntlet stuff. All in all, AAU reporting sucks

Reactions: oldboiler52
Catchings also has a couple of techs so far in EYBL. Needs to reign in the emotion a but.

Catchings has a lot of guard skills for a 4. Assuming 6'8" or 6'9" will be a 4? I would say maturity will fix a lot of issues, like controlling emotion, but also hopefully one of those is his 3 pt percentage? Hopefully, he is as close to Hummel as we have had.

Catchings has a lot of guard skills for a 4. Assuming 6'8" or 6'9" will be a 4? I would say maturity will fix a lot of issues, like controlling emotion, but also hopefully one of those is his 3 pt percentage? Hopefully, he is as close to Hummel as we have had.
I think his drop in 3 pt% is because he is just chucking up a lot of shots instead of playing his game. OB mentioned that Indy Heat play without a real center so it is basically run and gun street ball type game. Not really doing things to create shots like you would see in a traditional offense.

Numbers from this past weekend. Kanon Catchings name 3rd team all EYBL 15.5 points 7.5 rebounds 1.5 assist and 1.3 steals. Trent Sisley first team EYBL, named top underclassman 20 points per 9.5 rebounds and 2.0 assist. Clearly the best from Indy Heat. Jalen Haralson all underclassman 10.8 points 4.8 rebounds 5.0 assist and 1.0 steals quite the accomplishment considering he is playing up 2 years while Sisley playing up 1 year. K.J Windham 3rd team EYBL playing for Mean streets 18.3 points 2.3 rebounds. Purdue was on him as a freshman and sophomore then cooled he is still uncommitted lead Ben Davis to an undefeated season in which they won the big team state championship really good point guard for 2024 a bit undersized at 6'0 Also name breakout player of the season for EYBL.

Numbers from this past weekend. Kanon Catchings name 3rd team all EYBL 15.5 points 7.5 rebounds 1.5 assist and 1.3 steals. Trent Sisley first team EYBL, named top underclassman 20 points per 9.5 rebounds and 2.0 assist. Clearly the best from Indy Heat. Jalen Haralson all underclassman 10.8 points 4.8 rebounds 5.0 assist and 1.0 steals quite the accomplishment considering he is playing up 2 years while Sisley playing up 1 year. K.J Windham 3rd team EYBL playing for Mean streets 18.3 points 2.3 rebounds. Purdue was on him as a freshman and sophomore then cooled he is still uncommitted lead Ben Davis to an undefeated season in which they won the big team state championship really good point guard for 2024 a bit undersized at 6'0 Also name breakout player of the season for EYBL.

Do we have any shot at landing Sisley?

All along I have heard slight to none, as he is from a family that prefers the colored pants over actually winning B10 championships?

That is why I did not list him with Harris & Perry above, as difference makers. Just didn't think he was remotely leaning to be a difference maker for us?

Last edited:
Any idea why we cooled on Windham? Kid seems like a baller to me.

All along I have heard slight to none, as he is from a family that prefers the colored pants over actually winning B10 championships?

Why I did not list him with Harris & Perry above, as difference makers. Just didn't think he was remotely leaning to be a difference maker for us?
also think Sisley goes to iu

That is why I did not list him with Harris & Perry above, as difference makers. Just didn't think he was remotely leaning to be a difference maker for us?
I have no clue but Painter keeps putting in the work with him. He is elusive when it comes to recruiting just says he wants the right fit and immediate. playing time so that rules out no one.

Reactions: Boiler Buck

It wasn’t crappy. I enjoyed it and yes Flory’s growth in the game has improved a lot in a short couple of years

Is Haralson actually playing up 2 years? I know Sisley is playing up a year, but both Sisley and Haralson are in the 2025 class so wouldn't Haralson only be playing up 1 year as well?

Gotcha - so just young for his class, but not actually 2 years younger than everybody else. Looks like his turned 16 in April. Crazy seeing kids being born in 2007 having D1 offers already!
East Chicago central will be at Purdue Friday Dominique Murphy will have his day to shine

Reactions: Schnelk

Have you heard anything about Catchings leaving Brownsburg?

Murphy will have a huge year at ECC, kid needs more talent around him, ECC wasn’t good at all last year, hopefully, he gets some help.
Today central won 2 games and lost 1 lost was 51-47 to Hamilton South Eastern win was against Frankfort and a Illinois team don’t have stats yet

ADVERTISEMENT