ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Phinisee has named his top two schools

There was one GIA available and two players under consideration. One person was ready to make a commitment, and did. The other person was unsure and not able to commit. Nothing was “pulled” and that was never implied. Sorry you made that inference, as it isn't accurate.
I hear you: If there are two kids for one spot that's just normal, straightforward team construction. I guess "pulled" is a little too strong, but I was trying to say the same thing - once a spot is filled it is too late for those who haven't decided yet.

Back during that same time period Archie (friggin Archie) did the same thing - he took Damezi Anderson right away, while another player was taking more time to decide for the same spot. The other player was Aaron Henry. Archie's instincts were not good, to say the least.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
I have never been banned because I don’t bash Purdue. Purdue is a great school, has a solid men’s basketball program and I really like Matt Painter.

I am curious on the thoughts from Purdue fans about their basketball program. I don’t really care what Purdue fans think about Indiana basketball. The insecurity of some of the posters on this forum is embarrassing, but it is comical how some posters are so bitter and ate up.
He's been banned from both boards. Multiple times.

Because you have always been known for your honesty. lol
I had to laugh when you mentioned that I had been banned multiple times. I have been a serial lurker since 2002, never been banned and I value honesty. I have no interest in lying to you or anyone on a message board. If you say that I have been known recently for being a sarcastic jackass towards you and few others, I would agree. It’s all good. Just having fun. Peace.

Depends on his major. IU to Butler or Cinci is likely a sideways move, academically. Unless he's a music major. If he gets a degree in a marketable major, gets decent grades while participating in major college athletics, he'll do fine.
I think he winds up at Butler, and no way is Butler a sideways move. Butler University's ranking in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities Midwest, #1.

Butler University is ranked #1 in Regional Universities Midwest. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.

See All Rankings

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I think he winds up at Butler, and no way is Butler a sideways move. Butler University's ranking in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities Midwest, #1.

Butler University is ranked #1 in Regional Universities Midwest. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.

See All Rankings
It’s interesting that US News doesn’t even include Butler in their primary national rankings list. Instead it’s #1 in a regional list that has Bradley as #2 and something named John Carroll University as #3.

Butler is fine, but a degree from Butler, absent a few programs, is not nearly as marketable as a degree from Purdue or Indiana. Any assertion otherwise necessitates cherry-picking stats.

Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
There’s at least one, maybe two more, classifications above Butler's group. Butler was always 2nd or 3rd in the group until Creighton moved up to a different classification a few years ago.

It doesn’t really matter though cause it’s Butler, Cincinnati and Phinisee.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
It’s interesting that US News doesn’t even include Butler in their primary national rankings list. Instead it’s #1 in a regional list that has Bradley as #2 and something named John Carroll University as #3.

Butler is fine, but a degree from Butler, absent a few programs, is not nearly as marketable as a degree from Purdue or Indiana. Any assertion otherwise necessitates cherry-picking stats.

John Carroll University is in the greater Cleveland area.....it's a private, Jesuit university with a very fine reputation in primarily liberal arts disciplines.

Oh, by the way....arguably, its most famous alum is Don Shula.

John Carroll University is in the greater Cleveland area.....it's a private, Jesuit university with a very fine reputation in primarily liberal arts disciplines.

Oh, by the way....arguably, its most famous alum is Don Shula.
Is it too much of a broad brush to say most all Jesuit colleges are good schools? Always seemed that way to me.

There’s a few duds when it comes to Jesuit schools. Regis in Denver, Gonzaga, wheeling university in WV but they might not be Jesuit affiliated anymore I can’t remember. Generally, they are good with liberal arts and service for the community though and you have your really good ones like Georgetown and Boston College.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT