ADVERTISEMENT

Refs foul calling

Just watched the last few minutes of the BTN replay. It looked like on their last real possession, down 5, Winter? shoved Loyer to the ground to get freed up for a wide open 3 that missed. Loyer actually got up, got the rebound, and got fouled again. They didn't show a replay though because it was the quick replay version.

Game is on again on BTN right now. Gonna look for that push again but chances are I actually have to do work at the time.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I was sure that I wasn't the only one that saw that. And it was on 2 consecutive plays, on on each end. He was plowed into and called for blocked. Wow!
Dick just ran over a K-State player and picked up his 4th. Pretty much the same play. Ethan was about 85% set, same with the guy tonight, Perry I think.

Jones was a reaching foul good call, Morton holds his ground more and he gets the call - kinda the wrong place and was moving . the one on Gillis was bad but he needs to keep his arms in - but was definitely a flop

Dick just ran over a K-State player and picked up his 4th. Pretty much the same play. Ethan was about 85% set, same with the guy tonight, Perry I think.
In just the last minute or so of regulation and OT, he should've had numerous fouls. He throws cheap shots on every screen he sets and every rebound.

Am I the only one that doesn’t think this game was poorly officiated overall? Of course some questionable calls but mostly did a decent job. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I agree, I think it's a reaction to the reaction from W fans that think it wasn't.

Just watched the last few minutes of the BTN replay. It looked like on their last real possession, down 5, Winter? shoved Loyer to the ground to get freed up for a wide open 3 that missed. Loyer actually got up, got the rebound, and got fouled again. They didn't show a replay though because it was the quick replay version.
I rewound and saw it too, pretty obvious foul. Like a push off during OPI.

Am I the only one that doesn’t think this game was poorly officiated overall? Of course some questionable calls but mostly did a decent job. 🤷🏼‍♂️

No, you're not.....of course you have to forgive some stream-of-consciousness comments from the Game Threads (yours truly included....haha). Despite a couple of calls for either team....and some misses.....not a poor job, IMO.

It is also definitely (from what I have seen) at least more consistently called games than last year.....and they aren't alternating half-to-half with allowing football and then calling miniscule contact that doesn't affect play.....and it isn't just Purdue games, although I will agree that Zach Edey has to be the most difficult player to officiate. Not sure what's going on with the cylinder rule all over the floor.....it's a problem in a lot of games, along with some of the flagrant reviews - and the flop warnings disappearing.

DJ Carstensen and Courtney Green (gulp! did I just write that?) seem to be calling differently/better in the games I've seen, which include non-Purdue games. Szelc seems the same, which is good games and then not-so-good games.

JMHO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT