ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting recruiting recruiting

Totally OT, but what are Langford's numbers right now? Aren't they about like Hunter's?

Someone said "we have no one coming back that can score."

You said "Hunter cant score?" (Implying that he could)

He cant. Shooting 30% from the field and 25% from 3. If we go into next season counting on him to be one of our top 2 scorers, we will be worse than our 14-15' team.
OK. A kid who finished as a top 10 all-time scorer in Indiana high school history isn't a leader scoring as a freshman at Purdue.

Since you have decided he can't score, I guess we are doomed. o_O

OK. A kid who finished as a top 10 all-time scorer in Indiana high school history isn't a leader scoring as a freshman at Purdue.

Since you have decided he can't score, I guess we are doomed. o_O
To be fair, Cooper Neese finished top 10 in high school scoring in indiana as well. He us currently riding the pine at ISU after transferring from butler. Sometimes when kids play in division 1A, they are able to put up huge scoring numbers, because they are going up against very bad competition.

I expect Hunter to be around 7 pts/gm next year. I hope we dont have to rely on him to be a top scorer.

To be fair, Cooper Neese finished top 10 in high school scoring in indiana as well. He us currently riding the pine at ISU after transferring from butler. Sometimes when kids play in division 1A, they are able to put up huge scoring numbers, because they are going up against very bad competition.

I expect Hunter to be around 7 pts/gm next year. I hope we dont have to rely on him to be a top scorer.
Yeah, I agree. Hanging 35 on Scecina is great, but doesn’t translate. Sort of like some of those videos of Wheeler dominating slow 6’-2” prep school kids.

Reactions: NashvilleBoiler
Last 6 classes Nationally according to 247:
33 2014
37 2015
108 2016
34 2017
48 2018
34 2019

2007 6th
Last top 25 class 2012. Ranked 16th with AJ, Rapheal, Jay Simpson and Ronnie Johnson.

We have top 25 teams but we don't recruit like a top 25 team.
I can't understand why we're not going to the final four?:(
But some are adamant that "things are trending in the right direction" and "improvement is occurring but others do not see it", etc.

Bottom line...Painter has had two singular above average/great recruiting classes...he never rounded out the first one unfortunately, and, while he was able to with the second one (despite him not actually successfully recruiting the stellar talent that did round it out), he flat out choked in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

In both cases, he was provided the ridiculous excuse that his recruiting failures were because there was not playing time...yet, in both cases, in the year following the graduation of those classes with as much playing time to offer as could be possible, he was still unable to recruit any elite talent.

Reactions: SCBoiler1

To be totally fair, Neese is “riding the pine” at ISU because he’s not eligible yet. It’s come from the top there that Neese is flat ripping it up in practice offensively....defensively not so much.

Don’t really disagree with your premise, just your example.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT