ADVERTISEMENT

Recap of the trip to Purdue

Jul 4, 2013
First off, thanks so much for all the advice and tips!

We made it to town on Friday around 6pm and went to eat at Rookies. It was a halloween party but we just ate and had a few drinks.

Next morning we got to Where Else at like 9am and even though we totally didn't fit in it was a blast, so many people dressed up and having a good time, we loved it!

From there we hit up Harry's and that place was cool. We were "booed" since we had Husker stuff on but it was all in good fun. More costumes, more drinks more fun. That place was probably my favorite.

From there we hit up Brothers, again more fun, more drinks lots of people, it was packed. Started to thin out a bit around noon or so. By 1:30 we were spent and went back for a nap.

After that we ate at the Pickle? I think that was the name, food was really good and lots of Boiler fans all over. Loved the atmosphere.

We bought some beer, it was tough to find gas stations that sold booze but it wasn't a big deal. Then we ended up at a tailgate with "Purdue Hodgie" he had a sweet van (Scooby Do Van) that was painted Purdue colors, super nice and we watched games and partied with them. They were fantastic.

The game was a lot of fun and we had no business winning. I feel like you guys are just a bit snake bit right now and could easily have 4 more wins on the year.

Overall Purdue ranks as my favorite road trip so far. I rank them like this

Purdue
Illinois
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Minny

That Breakfast Club tradition is really cool.

I am a little jealous of your trip. Family & work commitments have prevented me from getting up there to see a game this year. I will make it back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT