ADVERTISEMENT

Pure Genius

And now every recruit knows he is open to other opportunities if the price is right. Definitely does not bode well for his long term prospects at PU.

And now every recruit knows he is open to other opportunities if the price is right. Definitely does not bode well for his long term prospects at PU.
Every professional owes it to himself and his family to listen if an opportunity comes around.

For example, Tom Allen definitely owes it to himself to listen if warren central or Carmel comes calling…

Every professional owes it to himself and his family to listen if an opportunity comes around.

For example, Tom Allen definitely owes it to himself to listen if warren central or Carmel comes calling…

Doesn't change anything from what I said above. People who think any of that was "pure genius" for PU are delusional.

Dude- stop munching on the paint chips — please tell me the name of ANY coach not named Saban who wouldn’t be “open to another opportunity” if the price was right...

What exactly doesn't bode well?

The verified fact that he was on the road recruiting for PURDUE the entire day the false rumors were swirling around the internet?

The possibility that Tennessee (and other schools) want him as their head coach?

The possibility that he may have turned down a lucrative SEC job offer to remain at PURDUE?

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

I would assume the price was right, and he said no.
They were going to give Gundy $7M per year. If I were Brohm, I would have demanded the same. I don't think it even got that far.

If thifs were year 3 or 4 of Brohm tenure, I think he would have listened much harder. I never thought he would leave after one season, no matter the offer made. He may stay 20 years, but he may not. You can bet if he leaves, the program will be in better shape then it was before he arrived.

Reactions: Zaphod_B

Doubt Carmel or Warren Central come calling. He couldn't even win a regional at Ben Davis.

I would assume the price was right, and he said no.
They were going to give Gundy $7M per year. If I were Brohm, I would have demanded the same. I don't think it even got that far.

Jimmy Hyams has since deleted a bunch of tweets but reported that Bhrom countered UTs offer, the AD agreed, but the Chancellor did not sign off and the deal fell through.

If I am recruiting against PU I would point to that to say- does that sound like a guy who will be your coach for 4 years?

Again, just saying that thinking this is "pure genius" is ridiculous, and does not bode well long-term. Thanks for the discussion.

Jimmy Hyams has since deleted a bunch of tweets but reported that Bhrom countered UTs offer, the AD agreed, but the Chancellor did not sign off and the deal fell through.

If I am recruiting against PU I would point to that to say- does that sound like a guy who will be your coach for 4 years?

Again, just saying that thinking this is "pure genius" is ridiculous, and does not bode well long-term. Thanks for the discussion.
Point to what? A bunch of tweets by a hillbilly radio guy that have been deleted? OK.

The chancellor thing was completely fabricated. Brohm never did anything more than possibly talk on the phone with them last weekend. And it has nothing to do with recruits long term. If anything, all of this will help Purdue’s image in recruiting.

We’re flattered by your obsession with Purdue...
Best of luck in your quest to rationalize what a cluster f$?k UT football has become.

IU football had a decade to make real progress on Purdue. Brohm has reversed and exceeded any progress in less than a year. Loosiers are headed back to the basement, especially with much of their talent graduating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT