ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WVB sweeps 4-0 Utah on the Utes’ home court

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
The Boilers trailed much of the first set and found themselves on the edge of defeat 20-24. But they fought off 4 straight set points and finally won the set 29-27. That seemed to take some of the fight out of the Utes and Purdue won the second and third sets 25-20 and 25-13 respectively.

Hudson was magnificent and Chicoine seemed no worse for wear despite her tweaked knee in yesterday’s game. I could not get the stats to come up but by my count they only had 5 service errors compared to 10 last night against Cal (in 4 sets.)

The athletic department’s links have sucked so far this year as the broadcast stream was off/on all night and the “live stats” link never worked. ESPN+ had two Utah women announcers working and I thought they were very fair and very good.

Utah drew a crowd but it was far from what I anticipated and many of the 15,000 seats were empty. Tonight the Boilerss travels to the Utah State campus for tomorrow’s game.

The Boilers trailed much of the first set and found themselves on the edge of defeat 20-24. But they fought off 4 straight set points and finally won the set 29-27. That seemed to take some of the fight out of the Utes and Purdue won the second and third sets 25-20 and 25-13 respectively.

Hudson was magnificent and Chicoine seemed no worse for wear despite her tweaked knee in yesterday’s game. I could not get the stats to come up but by my count they only had 5 service errors compared to 10 last night against Cal (in 4 sets.)

The athletic department’s links have sucked so far this year as the broadcast stream was off/on all night and the “live stats” link never worked. ESPN+ had two Utah women announcers working and I thought they were very fair and very good.

Utah drew a crowd but it was far from what I anticipated and many of the 15,000 seats were empty. Tonight the Boilerss travels to the Utah State campus for tomorrow’s game.

Reactions: DocRon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT