ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs PSU Game Thread

Brohm kept throwing late in the 4th qtr againt the best of the PSU Dbs, Porter. Plus, not running with under 3 mins to go was a huge error. However, that late 2nd qtr PSU TD where the tackles were missed was the difference in the game.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
Have not been following this thread but I just want to complement the kids on this game. We played well at the start and had put ourselves in an early adversity situation and we did great to overcome that! This L is on the late game play calling (that’s you Coach B). In years past, when we average <3ypc, I get it — the run gets abandoned early. But that’s not the case here. Doerue and the OLINE had a fantastic game. In any event, this is going to be an exciting year for this team, can’t wait til next week.

Brohm kept throwing late in the 4th qtr againt the best of the PSU Dbs, Porter. Plus, not running with under 3 mins to go was a huge error. However, that late 2nd qtr PSU TD where the tackles were missed was the difference in the game.
I disagree. I think if we ran it just twice in those two drives to take off a minute of time, PSU would have used a TO and Clifford would have been even more rushed. We ran it well enough tonight to at least give it a try.

Reactions: Ashaath2016
I apologize but I have to ramble just a bit more. We knew our defense was a ? coming into the year given we lost our play caller. I’d say, in traditional 3-down territory (majority of any game) they held their own. I feel bad that Brohm’s O playcalling forced them to defend the inevitable 4 downs (late game situation) knowing they would surely be gassed and have a more difficult time playing at a high level.

Reactions: indyogb
I saw CMP before the game, I hope he didn't give Brohm any advice on how to win late in the game when you have the lead

Oconnell hits Sheffield and were probably talking a Purdue win. You've absolutely got to make that play.

That definitely would have sealed it, IMO. Purdue had its chances on multiple occasions to win, just couldn't pull it off. Penn State will be a tough out - don't think they've got enough to win the East Division, but still a solid team - haven't looked closely at their schedule.

Reactions: indyogb
That's probably true but he had to transfer to Purdue to experience a loss to Penn State!
Jones was one of the best return guys in the country while at Iowa. He is absolutely fearless on punt returns. That's why I'm pretty sure its your coach being conservative on them.
I'm an Iowa fan, you think i dont know our fing offense sucks?? Lmao
This post was actually for BSIT Red.

Last edited:
Great game, good luck the rest of the way... we've got a lot of young athletes...hard to overcome

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT