ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs ND

Maybe I am not clear, The b10 requires all non conference games to be the first 3 games. So you can not be flexible in scheduling say week 7. That is the problem
Simply not true. We open with NW, so only two of our first three are non conf. Our fourth game is non conf.

that is what is being told to nd administrators when we try to schedule

I call B.S.

So, the administrators aren't aware of what's posted on the internet?

And, they're not aware they're scheduling a B1G conference team in November, which does NOT fall within that first 3 game corridor?

How frigging stupid are the ND administrators?

Reactions: zonairish
that is what is being told to nd administrators when we try to schedule
The same administrators who got the OK to play Northwestern on Nov 3? "We can't be flexible. But here, we'll be flexible and have Purdue play NU on Aug 30, you can play NU on Nov 3." I still don't buy it.

Reactions: Purdue85
dude, I've already told you, I don't give a rip if Purdue and ND ever play again. There is no grudge.

You're holding made up excuses for ND's actions. That's been amply demonstrated.

what excuses. you are getting angry and I am telling you what I hear from people at Notre Dame. What do you want. The school can't make everyone happy. 3 games free is all you have true or false. Generally all games must be the first 3 of the year apparently not necessarily true or false. But that is what they have been informed. Notre Dame has to play 5 ACC games and Navy, USC, Stanford True false. That leaves 4 games open True or false. It is a very difficult thing to do based on scheduling. 2021 apparently is the first opening.

www.jconline.com/.../purdue/football/.../purdue-notre-dame...football-series/5783410...
Aug 17, 2017 - CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 1 COMMENTEMAILMORE. WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue and Notre Dame reshuffled its future football series, eliminating a previously scheduled game in 2020 and adding matchups in 2027 and 2028. Overall, the two in-state rivals will meet six times over eight seasons starting in 2021.

what excuses. you are getting angry and I am telling you what I hear from people at Notre Dame. What do you want. The school can't make everyone happy. 3 games free is all you have true or false. Generally all games must be the first 3 of the year apparently not necessarily true or false. But that is what they have been informed. Notre Dame has to play 5 ACC games and Navy, USC, Stanford True false. That leaves 4 games open True or false. It is a very difficult thing to do based on scheduling. 2021 apparently is the first opening.

www.jconline.com/.../purdue/football/.../purdue-notre-dame...football-series/5783410...
Aug 17, 2017 - CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 1 COMMENTEMAILMORE. WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue and Notre Dame reshuffled its future football series, eliminating a previously scheduled game in 2020 and adding matchups in 2027 and 2028. Overall, the two in-state rivals will meet six times over eight seasons starting in 2021.
Good God, you are dense. ND dropped Purdue. It’s not the other way around. We would be scheduled every season for the foreseeable future had ND not dropped Purdue. Purdue did not ask to stop playing, ND did,

Boilers please remember I come in peace. Love the program always have. Getting angry at me when I give you factual information is not exactly fair. And if you say it is not then show where it is not

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Good God, you are dense. ND dropped Purdue. It’s not the other way around. We would be scheduled every season for the foreseeable future had ND not dropped Purdue. Purdue did not ask to stop playing, ND did,

And all scheduling had to change with the realignment scheduling of the B10 and Notre Dame ACC move. It was mutual Good God

Would you just stop.

Your posts are completely unhinged. I get it: you're trying to make ND into the good guys. You can't. They made up some bullsh*t reason for pausing the series. Now, they've put their diehards in a tough spot carrying their water. So, this is what we get. You change all your excuse-making to try to win some stupid internet forum discussion, in an effort to save face.

won't work.

You've gone from "it's about the money", to "the first 3 games" excuse. Now, when that clearly is a fail, you pull the "that's what I've been informed" card.

Face it: There was no legitimate reason to discontinue the series.

Stop being such an angry @ss, and move on to something that doesn't require you to make up sh*t at every turn.

Reactions: Inspector100
Boilers please remember I come in peace. Love the program always have. Getting angry at me when I give you factual information is not exactly fair. And if you say it is not then show where it is not

There was complete peace here until you started spouting nonsense, then got called on it, then had to scramble and try to point fingers and make others the bad guys by trying to play the "you're angry" card. That's just stupid. Don't be stupid.

You have no facts. You have assumption. You have (alleged) second hand information that is clearly false, as demonstrated by the multiple posts that disprove your argument. (Not to mention, the published schedules of ND, Northwestern, Purdue, etc.) Clearly, concessions were made to get ND on Northwestern's schedule, which meant NW and Purdue would play the first d@mn game of the season.

Right then and there you should have tossed up your hands and said, "the bullsh*t ND administrators fed me was exactly that: bullsh*t".

Google why Notre Dame and Purdue series was cancelled.
There were 2 articles I read that 1 relates to the conversations. 1 from 2013 that clearly state 2 opposing things that were hindering a series. One was Purdue new business model of 7 home games and 5 away games plus the b10 nine game requirements. And Notre Dame acc with usc Stanford and navy requirements. This is the main driver of the cacellation. I will post the articles when I find them tomorrow. Too difficult to do on my phone and I am tired

Google why Notre Dame and Purdue series was cancelled.
There were 2 articles I read that 1 relates to the conversations. 1 from 2013 that clearly state 2 opposing things that were hindering a series. One was Purdue new business model of 7 home games and 5 away games plus the b10 nine game requirements. And Notre Dame acc with usc Stanford and navy requirements. This is the main driver of the cacellation. I will post the articles when I find them tomorrow. Too difficult to do on my phone and I am tired

okay, now it's google.

First, it was a money decision.
then, the first 3 games. (that's what ND admin told you)
Now, Purdue's 7 home game schedule. Because, google.

Dude. You're doing this wrong. The schedule spot has ALWAYS been open for a ND/Purdue series. ALWAYS. Purdue was never insisting ND give up home games.

Otherwise, there would be no opportunity to resume the series in the future.

You just can't get there from here.

Last edited:
okay, now it's google.

First, it was a money decision.
then, the first 3 games. (that's what ND admin told you)
Now, Purdue's 7 home game schedule. Because, google.

Dude. You're doing this wrong. The schedule spot has ALWAYS been open for a ND/Purdue series. ALWAYS. Purdue was never insisting ND give up home games.

Otherwise, there would be no opportunity to resume the series in the future.

You just can't get there from here.
It has nothing to do with our 7 game home schedule. Since we’ve lost the ND series we’ve scrambled to replace it with home and home P5 games (VT, MIZ, BC). We wouldn’t be playing any of those games with ND still on our schedule. And the sanctimonious, moralistic reasons ND gives for having to always play Navy could easily be extended to always playing us based on our commitment to the series when no major Midwest school was willing to play them. But Domers can be pretty selective about which echoes they choose to wake up.

I’ve said on here before I think the #1 reason the series isn’t more protected by ND and their boosters/fans is that through the course of the series there was really only one span where both teams were top 10 caliber playing nationally significant games (late 60s to early 70s). In the 45 years since then Purdue’s most competitive teams have ended up playing ND during down stretches for them. I still maintain the stance that if ND was a top 10 school during the Tiller years the series would’ve gained more than a regional significance. Or you could argue if we had maintained our prominence in the last ten years. If these two teams were consistently ranked, the series wouldn’t have been put on hiatus. But ND has always viewed the series as more important to us than to them and believes Purdue has more to gain from it. And there’s definitely some truth to that.

Reactions: SDBoiler1

The first article goes in line of what I was saying for the reasons. It appears they are quoting Purdue's AD. He points it out quite clearly. One I did not mention was Purdue's new business model of 7 home games. Therefore they are forced to schedule a FBS team or a very weak team for revenue purposes. 2nd the B10 9 game requirement and Notre Dame's requirements of who they play. This was mutual neither side wanted it to happen. as I said I loved the series and wish it were back but to say it is all notre Dame fault is not right. I will say the canceling the Michigan series was at Notre Dame's request. The reasons were scheduling problems. But as you can see Notre Dame wants to play B10 team especially Purdue, Michigan, MSU and are adding others here and there. Nothing to do of some perceived football snobbery. I miss the days when Purdue was super competitive in the B10 and when I would watch a purdue /nd game I never could predict who would win. What a great series.

You continue to prove your own points wrong.

Neither of these articles state that the reason for the break was because of B1G constraints. However, both sources state that ND's agreement with the ACC as the reason.

"Notre Dame's agreement to play at least five games against Atlantic Coast Conference schools forced the Boilermakers off the schedule."

You have no valid arguments.

The first article goes in line of what I was saying for the reasons. It appears they are quoting Purdue's AD. He points it out quite clearly. One I did not mention was Purdue's new business model of 7 home games. Therefore they are forced to schedule a FBS team or a very weak team for revenue purposes. 2nd the B10 9 game requirement and Notre Dame's requirements of who they play. This was mutual neither side wanted it to happen. as I said I loved the series and wish it were back but to say it is all notre Dame fault is not right. I will say the canceling the Michigan series was at Notre Dame's request. The reasons were scheduling problems. But as you can see Notre Dame wants to play B10 team especially Purdue, Michigan, MSU and are adding others here and there. Nothing to do of some perceived football snobbery. I miss the days when Purdue was super competitive in the B10 and when I would watch a purdue /nd game I never could predict who would win. What a great series.
This I can agree that is possible. Morgan Burke was pretty inept.

However, there are no reasons against starting it up again. We have a new AD, who is a ND Alum, and wants to restart the series. It seems ND is just not interested.

This I can agree that is possible. Morgan Burke was pretty inept.

However, there are no reasons against starting it up again. We have a new AD, who is a ND Alum, and wants to restart the series. It seems ND is just not interested.

I do not see a continuous series but I do see games here and there.

I agree with your sentiment. However, I think we all have grown past some of UM bad behavior in the past. Grudges only make you miserable. I do not want to be miserable. I look forward to 2021 and 22 when we play the boilers again
Man, did you come to the wrong place if you did not want to be miserable!! Your wrong, we will get in the last word (tic)!! Here’s to hopefully some great games starting in 2021

Man, did you come to the wrong place if you did not want to be miserable!! Your wrong, we will get in the last word (tic)!! Here’s to hopefully some great games starting in 2021
funny I was thinking the same thing. I am getting abused here but hopefully in a good natured way. but the conversation has been fun. I try not take these things in a bad way I had far worse things happen to me like a loss of child. Once you go through that you perceive things differently and this case for the better. So while some folk get all angry about this and I understand we are fans. However, bottom line is it all that bad. So I hope Purdue fans do not think I am some idiot try stir the pot. I am not. I just have some minor perceived disagreements.

funny I was thinking the same thing. I am getting abused here but hopefully in a good natured way. but the conversation has been fun. I try not take these things in a bad way I had far worse things happen to me like a loss of child. Once you go through that you perceive things differently and this case for the better. So while some folk get all angry about this and I understand we are fans. However, bottom line is it all that bad. So I hope Purdue fans do not think I am some idiot try stir the pot. I am not. I just have some minor perceived disagreements.
I wasn't angry. I just don't believe your arguments.

Zona, I think that you have unfortunately fallen into the trap of ND thinking that they can always have it their way. With the sea-change in CFB, it was no longer feasible for ND to remain a true independent. Thus, they had to semi-align with a conference. The ACC, arguably the weakest of the P5 (top to bottom) was willing to accept a half-in/half-out status.

It was always about the money and the tv contract. ND rejected the other leagues because they demanded full participation in the conference and media revenue would be equally shared. They wanted a deal similar to what Texas got from their league, which has come close to ruining it, and others realized how deleterious that is and fled the offer.

Zona, I think that you have unfortunately fallen into the trap of ND thinking that they can always have it their way. With the sea-change in CFB, it was no longer feasible for ND to remain a true independent. Thus, they had to semi-align with a conference. The ACC, arguably the weakest of the P5 (top to bottom) was willing to accept a half-in/half-out status.

It was always about the money and the tv contract. ND rejected the other leagues because they demanded full participation in the conference and media revenue would be equally shared. They wanted a deal similar to what Texas got from their league, which has come close to ruining it, and others realized how deleterious that is and fled the offer.

Right now Notre Dame can have it both ways. Who knows for how much longer. Also, the b10 did want revenue share of Notre Dame's TV contract but that was not the total reason for Notre Dame's rejecting of the B10. Part of it is how they perceived themselves as a national university both athletically and academically. They felt B10 would hamper this. Also, the ACC did not require Notre Dame to share TV revenue But when the ACC network starts a number of their aways games will be on the ACC network and NBC that they would provide some sharing. So ratings boost more revenue per say. That said the ACC would put requirements on ND but it would not hamper them in a athletic or academic perception. And a real benefit for athletics was recruiting especially in the south where the football program wanted to be. The B10 would have prevented IMHO Notre Dame from recruiting well nationally and probably relegated it to a good team but not anyway near being in the conversation. So they may not be in the playoffs but they are in the conversation. Kelly as a coach may be a problem regarding not being in the playoff or consistency of play year to year but he is recruiting well and if we win the games with Michigan and Stanford early on we will have a great shot at the playoffs.

Zona, please: the B1G is more than an athletic conference. There is something called the CIC. The CIC gets loads of research money that the consortium distributes. It is worth way more than the tv money. That is the reason years ago the ND faculty voted to join the B1G but the Admin nixed it.

The ACC was the weakest overall of the P5 (down there with the formerly B12) so they accepted a bad deal. At some point, they are going to get into a position where they will demand all-in or out to ND.

I am pleased that you are honest about ND wanting to have it both ways. The problem with having it both ways is that in the end it is unsustainable and breeds resentment. I know that the ACC will tire of the present state.

What is a laugh is your comment that ND perceives itself as a national university both athletically and academically. As as academic recognition goes, Almost every B1G member is recognized as a superior institution to ND. Just this week there was a listing of Best Universities in the World and ND was way below Purdue and the B1G. ND is not known for its research as the B1G schools are. It is that simple. The B1G is known throughout the country for its athletics. The B1G network is the most successful conference media. Stop being silly.

Zona, please: the B1G is more than an athletic conference. There is something called the CIC. The CIC gets loads of research money that the consortium distributes. It is worth way more than the tv money. That is the reason years ago the ND faculty voted to join the B1G but the Admin nixed it.

The ACC was the weakest overall of the P5 (down there with the formerly B12) so they accepted a bad deal. At some point, they are going to get into a position where they will demand all-in or out to ND.

I am pleased that you are honest about ND wanting to have it both ways. The problem with having it both ways is that in the end it is unsustainable and breeds resentment. I know that the ACC will tire of the present state.

What is a laugh is your comment that ND perceives itself as a national university both athletically and academically. As as academic recognition goes, Almost every B1G member is recognized as a superior institution to ND. Just this week there was a listing of Best Universities in the World and ND was way below Purdue and the B1G. ND is not known for its research as the B1G schools are. It is that simple. The B1G is known throughout the country for its athletics. The B1G network is the most successful conference media. Stop being silly.

US News and World report ranking of Universities would disagree with most of your statements. That said you are correct in some ways about research universities although that part has seen much growth. Academically and educationally I would overall disagree with you. The only one B10 school ranked higher was Northwestern. So to imply Notre Dame is sub par is wrong headed and incorrect. Also Duke Wake and Virginia are ranked higher than the nearest B10 school other than Northwestern. Duke being higher than all of the schools in our conversation.

US News and World report ranking of Universities would disagree with most of your statements. That said you are correct in some ways about research universities although that part has seen much growth. Academically and educationally I would overall disagree with you. The only one B10 school ranked higher was Northwestern. So to imply Notre Dame is sub par is wrong headed and incorrect. Also Duke Wake and Virginia are ranked higher than the nearest B10 school other than Northwestern. Duke being higher than all of the schools in our conversation.
Personally, I find USN&WR rankings to border on being worthless.

US News is a bad example to use. I was fairly sure that you would cite that and I almost warned you against it. Do a little research: you will find that universities have figured out the US News algorithm and gamed it to raise ratings. There are articles (WSJ iirc) on how the President of a Boston university (Northeastern iirc) was able to game US News and had his pay package geared towards improved ranking.

Also, other schools have provided false data to US News which did not verify it. GWU has been dropped from rankings on this basis. US News is not a reliable source, sorry.

Last edited:
US News is a bad example to use. I was fairly sure that you would cite that and I almost warned you against it. Do a little research: you will find that universities have figured out the US News algorithm and gamed it to raise ratings. There are articles (WSJ iirc) on how the President of a Boston university (Northeastern iirc) was able to game US News and had his pay package geared towards improved ranking.

Also, other schools have provided false data to UN News which did not verify it. GWU has been dropped from rankings on this basis. US News is not a relaible source, sorry.

In your opinion. That said it is one metric. I am sure there are others. I am sure we can garner a metric that will closely prove your point. Also sure you can game any metric. Point is you were trying to bash Notre Dame as a school. Not sure why. So I was just pointing out what USN&WR said. I am positive if you take Calculus 1 at your local community college the course is not that different than at Harvard, Notre Dame or Purdue. It is not like schools like Harvard Notre Dame Purdue provide secret info that make you far superior in knowledge than small state school or a community college. However, it is more likely that they accept students that have done superior at a HS level. So the students feed off each other.

Hate to break it to you all, because we as Purdue fans can't seem to get over this, but Notre Dame does not truly care about us. It was pretty evident when they dropped us. I can say this as being someone who's lived 6 miles away from their campus and go a few games a year there (my friend has season tix). I've also ran into quite a few fellow Purdue fans during this stretch at their games then I care to admit.

Right now Notre Dame can have it both ways. Who knows for how much longer. Also, the b10 did want revenue share of Notre Dame's TV contract but that was not the total reason for Notre Dame's rejecting of the B10. Part of it is how they perceived themselves as a national university both athletically and academically. They felt B10 would hamper this. Also, the ACC did not require Notre Dame to share TV revenue But when the ACC network starts a number of their aways games will be on the ACC network and NBC that they would provide some sharing. So ratings boost more revenue per say. That said the ACC would put requirements on ND but it would not hamper them in a athletic or academic perception. And a real benefit for athletics was recruiting especially in the south where the football program wanted to be. The B10 would have prevented IMHO Notre Dame from recruiting well nationally and probably relegated it to a good team but not anyway near being in the conversation. So they may not be in the playoffs but they are in the conversation. Kelly as a coach may be a problem regarding not being in the playoff or consistency of play year to year but he is recruiting well and if we win the games with Michigan and Stanford early on we will have a great shot at the playoffs.
Rubbish. Florida State is a top rung academic institution? NC ST? Clemson? Give me a break.

Being in the ACC doesn’t help make ND into a national institution. The $ Purdue gets from the BTN, FOX, and ABC/ESPN TV deals is significantly more than ND makes now. The BIG’s deal is the most lucrative one of any conference. That is a fact.

I can agree with many of Zona's points. Some of you just love to argue. And many of you lack the desire to see things from another person's or team's perspective. The overall driving force is the MONEY.

Norte Dame has turned down several lesser Bowl Game invitations in the past because the payout wouldn't equal the cost. Notre Dame turned down several invitations to join the BIG 10 in the past because of our conference revenue sharing.

Notre Dame has a national TV package and it is probably dictated to them by their network to play nationally oriented and followed teams like USC and Stanford and Michigan. Let's face it, people outside of Indiana when they turn on the TV to watch a Notre Dame game would rather them play somebody other than Purdue. I could see their network wanting ND to play OSU, mich, Texas, USC, Florida, penn st, Alabama purely for the name and tv audience. Nobody in Utah is going to want to watch no verses Purdue. It's not about the level of competition. It's about the name of the school and recognition by the casual fan.

He does make a point about scheduling. ND does have to play games against ACC teams. And yes, Purdue is playing NW the first game of the year. But when was the last time Purdue played a non-conference game as one of their 3 last games of the year? Purdue would never schedule ND as their last game. So ND has to play somebody.

A point that was not made. As an independent, for ND to get a possible invitation into the championship series, it has to beef up its schedule against tough opponents, and also have 11+ wins. If ND doesn't have a win against a quality team, it won't be considered for the national championship series. And if it doesn't have at least 11 wins, it can also forget it. ND needs to play teams like Mich and USC and win to have a chance of a big bowl invite. Beating a 6-6 Purdue team does nothing to help the. A loss to Purdue would be a season killer financially. So based on their ACC commitment of 5games and their commitments to USC, navy and Stanford, ND has 4 games to play a couple of elite teams to brag about when Bowl selection comes, and a couple of gimmes in order to ensure a 11-12 win season. Ball st and vandy are those gimme games. Mich is the national recognition game. Playing Purdue would not be a national recognition game to the bowl selection committee or generate much tv revenue or be a gimme game either. Maybe in the future, when Purdue is a BIG 10 conference title contender like UW, it would be more appealing to Purdue.

Something that has often been said to me by non-Purdue fans. Playing Notre Dame was always a big thing and big game and rivalry for Purdue fans. But Notre Dame fans point to USC as their rival. And if you're a Notre Dame fan or alum, who would you rather see Notre Dame play and beat? Purdue? Or USC and Michigan.

Anybody with intelligence knows why Ball st is on Notre Dame's schedule. It provides the opportunity for a 55-7 blowout victory. It boosts their ratings, and provides a lot of opportunities for highlight reel plays of long touchdowns.

And yes, it does get tiresome listening to Purdue fans bash other college's academic programs. At last glance, Purdue's academic programs are no longer the best in the world, including our engineering programs. Even Rose Holman is rated higher than Purdue in some engineering degrees.

As for Notre Dame, it's simply about the money and what their TV contract dictates. And it's the same for Purdue. Purdue and the BIG 10 bowed down to the TV network to add night games and games on other nights besides Saturdays for the TV revenue. The TV revenue ruined our basketball schedule. Just ask the coaches.

Reactions: zonairish
Hate to break it to you all, because we as Purdue fans can't seem to get over this, but Notre Dame does not truly care about us. It was pretty evident when they dropped us. I can say this as being someone who's lived 6 miles away from their campus and go a few games a year there (my friend has season tix). I've also ran into quite a few fellow Purdue fans during this stretch at their games then I care to admit.

THIS ! Purdue fans care a lot more about wanting to play ND than Notre Dame fans care about playing Purdue. It's kind of like going to the beach on a hot afternoon. Would you rather go to the Indiana Dunes? Or would you rather go to Florida or Hawaii? The choice is simple. Although there would be a Purdue fan saying he'd go to the Indiana Dunes siting it is more cost effective!

Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07
Zona, a little research on your part would demonstrate that the US News results can be gamed - it was Northeastern U that did it and that GWU was providing false data. If any system can be gamed or if it relies upon false data then it is not a valid metric. That is simply common sense. You cannot trust the output.

I was not trying to "bash" ND but rather place it in perspective. I have close relatives who are ND grads, I have worked with ND grads and I have taught at both ND and Purdue. I think that I know the kind of students there.

I do not consider ND to be a bad school. I do believe that it is over-rated, especially in the US.

I can agree with many of Zona's points. Some of you just love to argue. And many of you lack the desire to see things from another person's or team's perspective. The overall driving force is the MONEY.

Norte Dame has turned down several lesser Bowl Game invitations in the past because the payout wouldn't equal the cost. Notre Dame turned down several invitations to join the BIG 10 in the past because of our conference revenue sharing.

Notre Dame has a national TV package and it is probably dictated to them by their network to play nationally oriented and followed teams like USC and Stanford and Michigan. Let's face it, people outside of Indiana when they turn on the TV to watch a Notre Dame game would rather them play somebody other than Purdue. I could see their network wanting ND to play OSU, mich, Texas, USC, Florida, penn st, Alabama purely for the name and tv audience. Nobody in Utah is going to want to watch no verses Purdue. It's not about the level of competition. It's about the name of the school and recognition by the casual fan.

He does make a point about scheduling. ND does have to play games against ACC teams. And yes, Purdue is playing NW the first game of the year. But when was the last time Purdue played a non-conference game as one of their 3 last games of the year? Purdue would never schedule ND as their last game. So ND has to play somebody.

A point that was not made. As an independent, for ND to get a possible invitation into the championship series, it has to beef up its schedule against tough opponents, and also have 11+ wins. If ND doesn't have a win against a quality team, it won't be considered for the national championship series. And if it doesn't have at least 11 wins, it can also forget it. ND needs to play teams like Mich and USC and win to have a chance of a big bowl invite. Beating a 6-6 Purdue team does nothing to help the. A loss to Purdue would be a season killer financially. So based on their ACC commitment of 5games and their commitments to USC, navy and Stanford, ND has 4 games to play a couple of elite teams to brag about when Bowl selection comes, and a couple of gimmes in order to ensure a 11-12 win season. Ball st and vandy are those gimme games. Mich is the national recognition game. Playing Purdue would not be a national recognition game to the bowl selection committee or generate much tv revenue or be a gimme game either. Maybe in the future, when Purdue is a BIG 10 conference title contender like UW, it would be more appealing to Purdue.

Something that has often been said to me by non-Purdue fans. Playing Notre Dame was always a big thing and big game and rivalry for Purdue fans. But Notre Dame fans point to USC as their rival. And if you're a Notre Dame fan or alum, who would you rather see Notre Dame play and beat? Purdue? Or USC and Michigan.

Anybody with intelligence knows why Ball st is on Notre Dame's schedule. It provides the opportunity for a 55-7 blowout victory. It boosts their ratings, and provides a lot of opportunities for highlight reel plays of long touchdowns.

And yes, it does get tiresome listening to Purdue fans bash other college's academic programs. At last glance, Purdue's academic programs are no longer the best in the world, including our engineering programs. Even Rose Holman is rated higher than Purdue in some engineering degrees.

As for Notre Dame, it's simply about the money and what their TV contract dictates. And it's the same for Purdue. Purdue and the BIG 10 bowed down to the TV network to add night games and games on other nights besides Saturdays for the TV revenue. The TV revenue ruined our basketball schedule. Just ask the coaches.
Listen doofus, no one needs to be lectured by you. ND is a has been program, living off of past glories (just like IU in basketball). They are not the powerhouse program of the days of yore - Rockne, Parsegian, even Grandma Holtz.

BTW, Purdue is a Top 7-8 Engineering school in the nation, both in undergrad and grad programs. Anyone who knows anything about Engineering understands that Rose-Hulman doesn’t hold a candle to Purdue in Engineering. It’s a tiny school with almost no name recognition outside of Indiana. In my career, I’ve NEVER met (1) engineer from that school. Companies from around the nation and the world recruit at Purdue.

Listen doofus, no one needs to be lectured by you. ND is a has been program, living off of past glories (just like IU in basketball). They are not the powerhouse program of the days of yore - Rockne, Parsegian, even Grandma Holtz.

BTW, Purdue is a Top 7-8 Engineering school in the nation, both in undergrad and grad programs. Anyone who knows anything about Engineering understands that Rose-Hulman doesn’t hold a candle to Purdue in Engineering. It’s a tiny school with almost no name recognition outside of Indiana. In my career, I’ve NEVER met (1) engineer from that school. Companies from around the nation and the world recruit at Purdue.
An expected reply!

Thanks. You just proved my point. ND does not want to play Purdue, for various reasons, but none of those reasons are because of B1G scheduling limitations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT