ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Minnesota II: Predictions & Game Thread

Was hoping CE had turned the corner after the last game ... guess not, back to the slump. Haarms not playing that well and Tre hasn’t been good since he was sick. Even with that if they hit free throws they get the win. Oh well on to NW, better play better than this.

It should be clear by now that Carsen isn't in a "slump", he's just making bad decisions.

Now, Tre...he has been in a slump. He can't stay out of foul trouble.

Like someone posted above this is what Purdue does. Have a chance and let it slip away because of some stupid crap. Missed free throws and awful passing. That’s what losses me off the most about this year. We have given away games and, in my opinion, we’re onky beat by a better team maybe 2-3 times. The other losses happened due to junior high mistakes. I’m worried about northwestern too. I’m assuming we either lose or win by a handful.

We were amazing 4 days ago. We lost on a questionable call to a team that’s in tourney on the road. Who’s falling apart?

Lost on a questionable call? Are you auditioning for worst poster on this site? We lost because Carsen shot 6-29 and poor free throw shooting. Had nothing to do with the officiating.

Reactions: swevo2424
Also the NFL has cameras with remarkable resolution and zoom capabilities. We get stuck with a cell phone grainy image

And hit 70% FT we are leading

Sorry but if you think a few missed free throws were critical and not 1 player shooting 30 times and making 6 of those shots.....I don't no what to tell you. You can have more than 1 bad thing happen in a game. They were both bad.

I was asked earlier by a poster if CE ever lost us a game, I responded no, he lost this one, not because what he shot from the floor, but how he never took control and lead by example...my hats off to the rest of the team for keeping us in it until the end!!!!

Sorry but if you think a few missed free throws were critical and not 1 player shooting 30 times and making 6 of those shots.....I don't know what to tell you. You can have more than 1 bad thing happen in a game. They were both bad.
And we have won games before when he does that. Carsen isnt changing. What in his past 30 games makes you think he will play any different? When was the last time we won shooting 50% from the line?

7-31 by Carsen, and 27-9 deficit at the line is why we lost. Wasted double doubles by Grady and Nojel, and a hot shooting night by Cline.

Not ideal, but I’d rather see a deep run in March than an outright B1G title, if I had to choose.

We definitely got Boned on that replay 100% conclusive. The ball hit him like 3 times. Granted we still had to hit a shot but that was an example of an officiating crew that didn’t want to piss off an entire arena.

I think someone who has to judge like you is the small minded person.
Do you want to do a greatest hits of your posts in real-time tonight? How many times did you sell the team and coach out? And yet it came down to the last 5 seconds. Go read your posts. Just because your retirement community has happy hour on Tuesday’s doesn’t mean you have to partake.

We definitely got Boned on that replay 100% conclusive. The ball hit him like 3 times. Granted we still had to hit a shot but that was an example of an officiating crew that didn’t want to piss off an entire arena.
Maybe- but when your best player goes 7-31, instead of passing to his teammate who is 6/9 from 3, you’re going to lose.

Reactions: Schnelk
Again, your opinion. Who made you "king" of the board?
Nobody. But he's right, it's easy to be the guy who talks down on the team all night because if you're wrong you still feel good about it cause the team won.

You act like the rest of us don't have those thoughts and feelings while the game is going on but we do, it's just not that great to constantly piss on our team while they're playing.

And finally, I questioned if this team would make the fricken tourney (not during a game) back in December. I find it remarkable that they've made it to early March without a "bad" B1G loss on the schedule.

7-31 by Carsen, and 27-9 deficit at the line is why we lost. Wasted double doubles by Grady and Nojel, and a hot shooting night by Cline.

Not ideal, but I’d rather see a deep run in March than an outright B1G title, if I had to choose.

I get what you are saying, but I really wanted that outright title. A bird in the hand.....

Tonight we lost for two reasons: 1. No production from the bench and 2. Free throw shooting.

Carsen did what he always does. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Also, looking at the box score Haarms/Williams/Boudreaux give us 5 points, 8 rebounds, and a Flagrant 1. This team is easy to beat when there is little production from the 5.

Stockman off the bench for Minny had 9/6 and 7 blocks for a comparison.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT