ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Minnesota II: Predictions & Game Thread

Hard fought game. Gotta drive the paint and get Murphy and/or Oturu in foul trouble. Do that and I think we're good to win by 10 or more. Otherwise it goes down to the wire with Nojel hitting FTs down the stretch.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a Barnburner.

Biggest game this young squad has had given what's on the line, IMO....hopefully some of the Mackey Magic rubs off or finds it's way to a hostile environment. Limit the turnovers, and keep Murphy and Coffey under control, and I like the Boilers' chances.

As a player and competitor, these are the games you hope for.....what a tremendous opportunity. Does this Boiler team have the championship mettle? We shall see.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

Purdue 74 Minny 69

Points breakdown as such:
Cline/Sasha/Eastern/Hunter combine for (20pts)
Wheeler/Grady (12pts)
Haarms/Williams/Boudreux combined (22pts)
Boogie (20pts).

16 of the points above from the Free Throw line.....

Boiler Up!

The team knows we now control our own destiny for the BT title, so I do not see a let down from the OSU thrashing. I see a hard fought game with us winning by 8 pts.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
Minnesota starts out fast which forces Carson into "no shot is a bad shot" mode quickly taking Purdue out of their game plan. The Minnesota crowd goes nuts and Carson tries to silence them with more 30 footers. Hope I'm wrong but Minnesota by 12.

I'd just like to say that I hate their floor. Hope it doesn't throw us off tonight.

Edit: Henry! Even if you think those thoughts why would you post it for eternity?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I'd just like to say that I hate their floor. Hope it doesn't throw us off tonight.

Edit: Henry! Even if you think those thoughts why would you post it for eternity?

My prediction has zero (could it be less than zero?) impact on the outcome of the game. This thread is just for fun as no one really knows what is going to happen. Sure sometimes someone nails it which gives them a chance to quote themselves and pat themselves on the back but it was just pure luck. So why not have fun with it?

Minny: 71
Purdue: 63

Hope I am wrong. And, in fact, I often am. My predictions are (0-3) so far this season.

With Baby Biggie on the ropes, we lose our edge inside. Outside shooting becomes critical to our victory but falls short.

CoBo

Minnesota starts out fast which forces Carson into "no shot is a bad shot" mode quickly taking Purdue out of their game plan. The Minnesota crowd goes nuts and Carson tries to silence them with more 30 footers. Hope I'm wrong but Minnesota by 12.

Hopefully we learned a hard lesson at Mackey ,when Minny had us by 13 pts. at one pt. in the game. That was scary and I was a nervous wreck ,until we gained back the lead. We cannot afford a slow start. Murphy is one of the best rebounders in the league, so we need to be boxing out . No second chance points.

Minny: 71
Purdue: 63

Hope I am wrong. And, in fact, I often am. My predictions are (0-3) so far this season.

With Baby Biggie on the ropes, we lose our edge inside. Outside shooting becomes critical to our victory but falls short.

CoBo

Baby Biggie on the ropes? Remember Carsen and Ryan both have had a tough stretch and have pulled out of it.

My prediction has zero (could it be less than zero?) impact on the outcome of the game. This thread is just for fun as no one really knows what is going to happen. Sure sometimes someone nails it which gives them a chance to quote themselves and pat themselves on the back but it was just pure luck. So why not have fun with it?

That's having fun with it, Henry?

Nah, I kid. I understand where you're coming from. I could see it happening, but I hope it doesn't.

I guess the real question is, how much has Carsen grown since his late season wild streak? He was very much under control last week in Mackey, and Purdue rolled to two 15+ point wins. If he can bring that to Minnesota, play strong defense, take care of the ball, and be a facilitator rather than trying to force things, then I think Purdue will be ok.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
I have a feeling it's gonna be a Barnburner.

Biggest game this young squad has had given what's on the line, IMO....hopefully some of the Mackey Magic rubs off or finds it's way to a hostile environment. Limit the turnovers, and keep Murphy and Coffey under control, and I like the Boilers' chances.

As a player and competitor, these are the games you hope for.....what a tremendous opportunity. Does this Boiler team have the championship mettle? We shall see.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

Don't you mean metal?

58b6662609dbe.image.jpg

Alright..I don’t need any of this from any of you....Nervous enough already. MY Boilermakers have this going away as they know how hard these close games are getting on me!

I just hope there’s no condensation on it....Those floors with ice underneath should be banned....Dangerous!

Anybody know if this is going to be a six pack game or a twelve pack game? I've got enough to cover the former but maybe I should pick up more when I get my kid from basketball practice if it's the latter.

Reactions: Schnelk
72-65 Purdue. Tough game for the whole tie the clock is running. Not for the faint of heart tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT