ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Gonzaga MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

I feel bad for Loyer. Dude has a ton of skill but is just too skinny and weak after teams figured out how to play him. Maybe Colvin can get more run if his defense keeps improving.
Gillis needs to start and TKR needs to back up Edey.

GREAT 2nd half. National championship level effort and execution in the 2nd half except for the turnovers were horrific and without them the game really should have been 20 pts but I think the guys need more chalk on their hands. Ball slipped out of Gillis/Loyer/Smith's hand numerous times. Maybe more sweat than usual?

The rotations we can have now in the back court and the wings with Colvin/Heide/Jones/Morton/Smith/Loyer may be the difference for a deep run this year in March!

Good win.

But we will lose in March if Painter doesnt end this stupidity of TKR and Loyer starting. Heide and Colvin are way better, and Gillis despite his butter fingers today should be at the 4.

Its time to plan for march now
Lighten up, Francis….We’ll also lose in March if the other team outscores us.

Purdue adjusted and stepped it up defensively in the second half against an excellent team.

That’s as good a sign for March as anything we can hope for at this point in time.

I feel bad for Loyer. Dude has a ton of skill but is just too skinny and weak after teams figured out how to play him. Maybe Colvin can get more run if his defense keeps improving.
Gillis needs to start and TKR needs to back up Edey.

GREAT 2nd half. National championship level effort and execution in the 2nd half except for the turnovers were horrific and without them the game really should have been 20 pts but I think the guys need more chalk on their hands. Ball slipped out of Gillis/Loyer/Smith's hand numerous times. Maybe more sweat than usual?

The rotations we can have now in the back court and the wings with Colvin/Heide/Jones/Morton/Smith/Loyer may be the difference for a deep run this year in March!
I posted about Loyer's physique after the Ark game, while you can see Smith works on his body, Loyer looks the same as last year. Someone here said he looks stronger this year, I'm not buying it.

I posted about Loyer's physique after the Ark game, while you can see Smith works on his body, Loyer looks the same as last year. Someone here said he looks stronger this year, I'm not buying it.
Not quite strong enough to get the ball all the way to the rim.

I think Smith had muscle on him last year as well but with Smith the problem last year was having the endurance to play at this level for a full college season and sometimes within a game. Now Smith looks a lot better endurance wise (albeit early in the season) and of course more help at the point with Jones can give Smith more breathers.

Loyer was a stick last year and nothing has changed this year.

I was wrong, in the off-season I wanted TKR at the 4, he’s a Center, this year Edey’s backup, next years starter, hopefully, he buys into that role, maybe play him 5 minutes a game at the 4 backing up whoever starts. Loyer had a horrible game, let’s see how he looks tomm, Jones plays great defense and is really athletic, much better player than I expected. Painter stated he eventually wants a 9 man rotation, it should be Morton that seems 5 minutes a night, will it be? Nice win, on to Tenn which sure won’t be easy.

Good win.

But we will lose in March if Painter doesnt end this stupidity of TKR and Loyer starting. Heide and Colvin are way better, and Gillis despite his butter fingers today should be at the 4.

Its time to plan for march now
Doesn’t matter who starts. Matters who
Finishes and plays more minutes. TKR had a great stretch without Zach in and kept the lead. That may be the formula moving and I will admit I was wrong with wanting him at the 4. He looked good as the 5. Him and Lance were pretty good when smith and edey out…not sure we could have done that last year and kept the lead against a team like gonzaga

I was wrong, in the off-season I wanted TKR at the 4, he’s a Center, this year Edey’s backup, next years starter, hopefully, he buys into that role, maybe play him 5 minutes a game at the 4 backing up whoever starts. Loyer had a horrible game, let’s see how he looks tomm, Jones plays great defense and is really athletic, much better player than I expected. Painter stated he eventually wants a 9 man rotation, it should be Morton that seems 5 minutes a night, will it be? Nice win, on to Tenn which sure won’t be easy.
I was with you about TKR. And I’ll admit I was wrong and agree with ya. He had nice finishes around the rim that he wouldn’t have finished last year.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Doesn’t matter who starts. Matters who
Finishes and plays more minutes. TKR had a great stretch without Zach in and kept the lead. That may be the formula moving and I will admit I was wrong with wanting him at the 4. He looked good as the 5. Him and Lance were pretty good when smith and edey out…not sure we could have done that last year and kept the lead against a team like gonzaga
I too was wrong about him being a 4, I thought he has a 4 body but his skills are at the 5, let Furst play the 4 w/ him

By the end of the game it turned out Gonzaga was not ready for the athleticism of Jones and Smith.
True that, not ready means just that. Sometimes when a game starts it's a shock when faced with so many athletes. Some on Purdue adjusted ( including the coach). Some did not.

I too was wrong about him being a 4, I thought he has a 4 body but his skills are at the 5, let Furst play the 4 w/ him
I use TKR about 10
Minutes a night at Center, maybe 5 minutes at the 4, I use Furst and Gillis and give them the majority of minutes at the 4.

Reactions: Boilers1975
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT