ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Wisconsin (Game Thread)

CMP can’t make the free throws for them… that and the 2 lucky bank shots were the difference.
We weren't prepared and you know it. We made a ton bad decisions during the game to get down and every last set play looks horrendous. Tre has played like crap lately and then you bring him in to throw another horrendous pass.

Not one player on our team, can say they've gotten better on defense and who coaches this? Some blame has to be on the CEO of the program. He's a good coach, but questioning anything beyond that.

Reactions: boiler-deuce
Not sure why we want to make excuses for poor coaching. Carry on
Did cmp miss the free throws? the bunnies? I thought our game plan was pretty good. Better than the first time for sure. Players gotta execute and do the small, unsexy things consistently. This team doesn't do that. We can't play games in the 60s.

Reactions: PurdueDave
We weren't prepared and you know it. We made a ton bad decisions during the game to get down and every last set play looks horrendous. Tre has played like crap lately and then you bring him in to throw another horrendous pass.

Not one player on our team, can say they've gotten better on defense and who coaches this? Some blame has to be on the CEO of the program. He's a good coach, but questioning anything beyond that.
I thought our defense was better than the first game.

I did question the Trevion sub, and also keeping Zach and Mason out so long with fouls.

But we hit 75% of our FTs and we win.

Reactions: Poprudy
I may get killed for saying this but Ivey would be better served staying an extra year at Purdue. He may get a good contact by going early but if I’m a GM I would not give him a huge contact from what I’ve seen. Doing layups isn’t allowed in NBA

Last edited:
Reactions: mathboy
I thought our defense was better than the first game.

I did question the Trevion sub, and also keeping Zach and Mason out so long with fouls.

But we hit 75% of our FTs and we win.
Yes, FT's and some early decision making and we win.

Now, since most of you on here are probably retired. I need to get some sleep, because I don't get that 11am nap.🤣

Did cmp miss the free throws? the bunnies? I thought our game plan was pretty good. Better than the first time for sure. Players gotta execute and do the small, unsexy things consistently. This team doesn't do that. We can't play games in the 60s.
I would have pulled Tre and put Furst in at the 5. Tired of his low percentage, fadeaway twos, and his bad passes.

I may get killed for saying this but Ivey would be better served staying an extra year at Purdue. He may get a good contact be going early but if I’m a GM I would not give him a huge contact from what I’ve seen. Doing layups isn’t allowed in NBA
Yeah it will be a miracle if he stays. The only real big issue I have with him is when he goes wild into the paint and then has a turnover. Which he does a lot. Then his crying and just standing around when he doesn't get a call. Then they go down 5 on 4 and get a basket.

Reactions: BSIT
I dont hate Matt just want some results. I am as frustrated as everyone else
I'm with you 100 percent. I have been a huge Painter fan for years. He has been tremendous for Purdue. However at some point something has to give. Either he needs to stop being stubborn and use another defense at times. Or we need a new coach if he can't break through to a FF.

Yeah it will be a miracle if he stays. The only real big issue I have with him is when he goes wild into the paint and then has a turnover. Which he does a lot. Then his crying and just standing around when he doesn't get a call. Then they go down 5 on 4 and get a basket.
He’ll get injured playing this way. Surprised he hasn’t been injured this year. Little less showboating and better playing please

Ivey can go to Europe for all I care hope his mom is proud. Terrible decision maker. Davis made him look like a little b

5 assists and three turnovers easily could have had 8 assists . Tough when no other player can get his own shot… not one.

Ivey:
8-15 from the field. Led us in points, rebounds and assists.

Our 3 seniors went 8-24.

Hey - the good news for “fans” like you is he’ll be gone in a month.
Yeah not sure why people would want Ivey gone. That's just dumb. He has been a beast. Yeah he does some stupid things. He is still young though and will learn quick in the NBA.

Where was the poor coaching?
Painter was ok. Gard on another level with what he did with this team. If he coached Purdue they would be number one, Big Ten champion, a one seed and a leading candidate to win it all.

Yep. My expectations for this time have dropped a lot. After the first few months I was the most excited about this team than I have ever been. Not anymore though. Sucks
Me too. I was piss and vinegar at the beginning of the season. I was thinking of swagging my office in jerseys and basketballs. I’m glad I got busy with work and put that off.

I’m a diehard Purdue fan. I will be rooting till the bitter end. But the magic feeling is gone this season.

Me too. I was piss and vinegar at the beginning of the season. I was thinking of swagging my office in jerseys and basketballs. I’m glad I got busy with work and put that off.

I’m a diehard Purdue fan. I will be rooting till the bitter end. But the magic feeling is gone this season.
We will be ok, stay with us. I think the last 2 losses will help us in the end.

New pal and deac you can suck it. Tell me what is the answer I am a grad and live and die with this team just like you

New pal and deac you can suck it. Tell me what is the answer I am a grad and live and die with this team just like you
Just asking a simple question: Do you think we will have a better team next year without Ivey? Yes or no?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT