ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Wisconsin (Game Thread)

As Bill Parcells said: you are what your record says you are. In Purdue‘s case they are good not great. This season shows rankings should be based on how you play not your potential. When guys play to their potential they can play with anybody. This year just haven’t been enough games where that’s happened. Oh well back to some Miles Davis and Old Forester 1920.

Reactions: mathboy
If you think that this game really hinged on those last 2 luck shots, you and I watched different games.

Purdue should have been up 7-8 in the last 2mins if playing and executing smarter on Offense.
You know that is literally the margin by which Wisconsin has won most of their games, right? These games come down to one or two plays.

Do you honestly believe they are better by position? Or better coached? Serious question. We have more talent, but don't play like it. Is that from our coaching staff.

Maybe under Keady we played with more heart and grit.
They have a better 3 guards. Davis, Davison, Hepburn tandem.

No excuses, they're a better team. They proved it at our on place. Almost, don't feel like driving for the IU game. I was hoping to raise a B1G title. This has to some what be on Painter as well. I know people don't want put any bla.e on him. We are trending backwards and that comes from coaching.

I guess that's why Gard took it to him

Gillis and Ivey? I will say this - there are some embers from some of the defense I've seen.....but they still have to play with more poise......it's possible, but I understand why most are thinking it's not going to happen. They need more from Big Tre too.
Gillis probably has the most fire but not matter how much he has he is still an undersized PF

They have a better 3 guards. Davis, Davison, Hepburn tandem.
Davis might be smarter, but he isn't great. We just make him look good. I think we're a wash at the guard position and are better in the paint.

When you're 7'4" you still have to play defense and shouldn't let a 6'8" shoot over you repeatedly. That should never happen and I like Edey a lot, but he has to get better at blocking shots

No excuses, they're a better team. They proved it at our on place. Almost, don't feel like driving for the IU game. I was hoping to raise a B1G title. This has to some what be on Painter as well. I know people don't want put any bla.e on him. We are trending backwards and that comes from coaching.

I guess that's why Gard took it to him
CMP can’t make the free throws for them… that and the 2 lucky bank shots were the difference.

Regular season title was lost @Rutgers, IU and MSU. Good teams do not let middle of the pack teams hang around ...you take control of those games. Then...circus shots will not beat us...

Reactions: Roeder
Davis might be smarter, but he isn't great. We just make him look good. I think we're a wash at the guard position and are better in the paint.

When you're 7'4" you still have to play defense and shouldn't let a 6'8" shoot over you repeatedly. That should never happen and I like Edey a lot, but he has to get better at blocking shots
He just isn't athletic enough. He just can't jump. Our new 7 footer is athletic. So I think shot blocking will be like the Hammons days again.

Reactions: Poprudy
Probably need cmp to go away after this year unless he does something in the dance tired of this shit
I have been saying it for weeks. If we get booted in the first or 2nd round of the tournament. I really do believe his seat needs to start warming.

Maybe just you should stop following the basketball team after this year? That works just as well.
Come on. He has the same right you have. If this wasn't true you wouldn't be here defending CMP. We do have a ton of late year collapsible moments. It's a pattern and you know it. I wish it weren't true and would love CMP to get a FF or NC, but our expectations are to lose. That's sad as a fan base

He just isn't athletic enough. He just can't jump. Our new 7 footer is athletic. So I think shot blocking will be like the Hammons days again.
I know but he has like 7" on the guy and repeatedly got shot over. Just jump a little and he gets a block

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT