ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Wisconsin (Game Thread)

The next time someone gives you some bullshit excuse about what you should actually do in end of game situations, just tell them it never works for Purdue. It’s just unbelievable

Reactions: tjreese
Painter needs to rethink his last second inbounds. We never even seem to touch the the ball at the end when we need to hoist a three. At least just get the ball to half court and let the guy heave. Its like were going for a fadeaway right near the three point line.

How sad.How often does a team lose two in a row on the road on a game ending shot.GEESHH.This sucks.

Reactions: indyogb
Wisconsin won this game. We did what we could,but they are the better team .
They were better in the Mackey game (I think they snuck up on us a bit that game) but tonight... man, that's just an evenly matched team catching the breaks.

Welp.....gotta say, that was a disappointing ending. Boilers hung in there.....but man, that just summed up the entire conference season for Purdue.

CMP has his work cut out for him......dig deep Boilers and try to salvage the year with a great post-season.

No we didn't. Missed a ton of layups and free throws. Rebounding was terrible too. We beat ourselves.
They missed their share of bunnies too, but I’ll give you this, if we hit our free throws, we would have made it a better game. They got those rebounds because they are really good at it.

We put ourselves in this situation. I'm worried for the tournament. Just don't have the heart to punish people. Gard has figured it out and deserves B1G coach of the year.
I'm not going to worry about the tournament, anymore. I'm just going to expect to get beat by some low seed on a last second 3.

I really wouldn't mind this team getting a little pissed off and breaking it off in Wisconsin in the BTT. That would ease the sting a bit. :D

Reactions: Schnelk
Wisconsin won this game. We did what we could,but they are the better team .
Do you honestly believe they are better by position? Or better coached? Serious question. We have more talent, but don't play like it. Is that from our coaching staff.

Maybe under Keady we played with more heart and grit.

Reactions: PurdueBoy1
I'm not going to worry about the tournament, anymore. I'm just going to expect to get beat by some low seed on a last second 3.

I really wouldn't mind this team getting a little pissed off and breaking it off in Wisconsin in the BTT. That would ease the sting a bit. :D
Who is the leader on this team is going to get pissed off and rally the troops?

We are really missing Williams rebounding at the end of this game. He clears out better than anyone on our team.
Idk what games you’ve been watching recently but Williams hasn’t been the leading rebounder in a game for a while.

Reactions: Poprudy
I really, really hate Wisconsin. Can they go back to sucking for awhile yet? What was their preseason ranking this year? I don't recall many expecting much of them, but I might not have been paying that close of attention. 11-20 from the line is a killer in a close game.
They can have the BIG champ, their team is built to win BIG games, but Purdue is better built to win in the NCAAs.

Wisconsin has gotten better as the season has gone on. We have gone backwards.
I don't know... we played them closer this time than last (and on the road, no less). I won't argue we've gotten better, but this team can lose by a last second three to anyone. :D

Reactions: Jbigler1986
Other than the Michigan game, all of our losses were close and kind of heart breaking. Maybe the basketball gods are lowering our expectations right before the tournament so it can be that much better when we win it. :D
Or we are getting all of the bank shots and 45 footers out of the way in the regular season.

Yep. My expectations for this time have dropped a lot. After the first few months I was the most excited about this team than I have ever been. Not anymore though. Sucks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT