ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue up to #2 in AP poll

I think Andy was trying to say that if we play Duke this year, it's a good chance it would be in a FF game or NC game, hence already making the FF which is what he is hoping for.
Yes, thanks for clarifying. The FF is where it counts, in my mind. If both are #1 seeds, that's where it will be.

****ing unreal. **** duke to hell
I hate Duke as much as anyone, but I believe they're the only team with 2 Top 10 wins including taking down #1. Plus, the Coach K story is too much for the Duke blowers to not give him the top spot.

Go Buckeyes!

Coaches poll is closer. Duke 19 #1 votes, Purdue 10, Baylor 2 but in 4th behind Zags.

I think it works out to 10 #1s, 10 #2s, 10 #3s, and 1 #4 vote.

Duke is the only ACC team ranked and Purdue is the only B1G school in the top 20. Can’t remember ever seeing that.

It's not surprising that a Top 5 team that beat the consensus Number 1 would be voted Number 1 the following week. Keep winning and this subjective stuff will take care of itself.

Yeah, but if we were #5 and Duke was #3, and we beat #1 Gonzaga (and #2 lost) do you really think we'd jump over Duke to #1? I kind of doubt it. It doesn't really matter, but it's kind of bullsh!t.

Reactions: ejs1111
Yeah, but if we were #5 and Duke was #3, and we beat #1 Gonzaga (and #2 lost) do you really think we'd jump over Duke to #1? I kind of doubt it. It doesn't really matter, but it's kind of bullsh!t.
I think a big part is people overvalue the number of recruitment stars next to the names. They look at a 5star post player vs the 411th ranked Edey and all they can come up with is "well the Purdue guy is really tall, but I'm going with the 5star".

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I think a big part is people overvalue the number of recruitment stars next to the names. They look at a 5star post player vs the 411th ranked Edey and all they can come up with is "well the Purdue guy is really tall, but I'm going with the 5star".

Yeah, I think that's it more than Duke vs Purdue IMO. Oh, Duke has all 5* players they MUST be better than Purdue.

Yeah, I think that's it more than Duke vs Purdue IMO. Oh, Duke has all 5* players they MUST be better than Purdue.
I don’t think Duke is better than Purdue. I think our depth would wear them down. I also think the refs would inevitably call the game against us.
I like how this team is aggressive all 40 minutes. There is very little slowing down and as the defense evolves and becomes lock down with fresh legs, I think we have a good chance at being the best team in the country. That doesn’t mean we can’t be taken down, especially by a talented team like Duke in K’s swan song. Some teams are protected as well as
players and this year it seems like Duke has both the talent to be the best but they have the extra “it” factor.
I do however want to beat their a$$ head to head and perhaps we will get that chance.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT