ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue starts 0-2 after loss to Villanova (link)

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
First time since 1994-95, although circumstances were a bit different then.

Link: Loss

Zero comments. Knew this would not be a great season, but projected top 5 in conference. Admit foolishness. Seems to have some talent but it is like a puzzle that is laying on the floor and needs to be put together. Ugh. Those who have called for Versyp's ouster will gain steam. But it is early and if she turns it around at least to the degree she has most seasons, she will remain. Guess we'll see.

“We’re not a very good basketball team,” Versyp said. “I’ll take responsibility. We’re not good at anything we do. We can’t score the basketball. We don’t understand what we’re doing. We better get going. But I’ll take responsibility and I’ll make sure we’re better.”

This is pretty negative talk about her team. I can't believe team morale is very high. She had better take responsibility - she is the highly compensated coach. Who else's fault would it be?

“We’re not a very good basketball team,” Versyp said. “I’ll take responsibility. We’re not good at anything we do. We can’t score the basketball. We don’t understand what we’re doing. We better get going. But I’ll take responsibility and I’ll make sure we’re better.”

This is pretty negative talk about her team. I can't believe team morale is very high. She had better take responsibility - she is the highly compensated coach. Who else's fault would it be?

one common denominator

She is getting paid almost 1.5x the Maryland coach. I don't know what responsibility she is taking other than she is taking a lot of money (Top 5 in the conference) that she doesn't deserve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT