ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue offers 2025 four-star guard Braylon Mullins

Didn’t want to look for the thread but lot of smoke out there that IU is going to land Haralson. Not sure how much validity there is to it but will be curious to see if any of our recent offers and approach has changed because we are out.
My understanding is that some dude made a prediction for IU with a confidence rating of 35% and the IU faithful are going nuts. He was never going to Purdue, despite the fact that he reportedly likes the program.

This recruitment was never about that, so I'd say zero impact on Purdue's offers and approach as I suspect that MP and staff have built their recruiting plan for some time on the assumption that they wouldn't sign Haralson. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I think you are looking at the new normal. When you now offer a kid, it isn't just a matter of keeping him committed through contact and relationships, it's $$$. And I highly suspect there are a fair number of coaches out there that simply wait for another coach with a reputation for identifying talent to swoop in with the Brinks truck after an offer has been made. To protect yourself against it, a coach may need to offer 4 for 1 knowing a certain percentage will be bought off.
The new normal is for teams to go for older juniors and seniors if they want to go far in the tournament it’s like you take a freshman but he is gone by his sophomore or junior year the new norm

Didn’t want to look for the thread but lot of smoke out there that IU is going to land Haralson. Not sure how much validity there is to it but will be curious to see if any of our recent offers and approach has changed because we are out.
Here is what the article said on him:

“Jalen Haralson showed this spring and summer on the circuit that he is one of the premier scorers in this class. He has a top nine of Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Missouri, Gonzaga, Auburn, Duke, and Kansas.

A native of Indiana, Haralson has a lot of familiarity and ties to the Hoosiers. I don't think a decision has been made or that a commitment is imminent, but for the sake of this article today, I'll predict IU lands him in the end.”

A whole lot of NOTHING. Tipton has no idea like everyone else. Apparently, haralson’s ties are….wait for it….his older brother just graduated from there…so again a lot of nothing. If that’s his only tie to IU, he has a lot more ties to Purdue with coach Johnson.

Here is what the article said on him:

“Jalen Haralson showed this spring and summer on the circuit that he is one of the premier scorers in this class. He has a top nine of Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Missouri, Gonzaga, Auburn, Duke, and Kansas.

A native of Indiana, Haralson has a lot of familiarity and ties to the Hoosiers. I don't think a decision has been made or that a commitment is imminent, but for the sake of this article today, I'll predict IU lands him in the end.”

A whole lot of NOTHING. Tipton has no idea like everyone else. Apparently, haralson’s ties are….wait for it….his older brother just graduated from there…so again a lot of nothing. If that’s his only tie to IU, he has a lot more ties to Purdue with coach Johnson.
Tiebreaker goes to the guy holding the bag of $$$

My understanding is that some dude made a prediction for IU with a confidence rating of 35% and the IU faithful are going nuts. He was never going to Purdue, despite the fact that he reportedly likes the program.

This recruitment was never about that, so I'd say zero impact on Purdue's offers and approach as I suspect that MP and staff have built their recruiting plan for some time on the assumption that they wouldn't sign Haralson. I could be wrong.
I hope you are wrong but I know you’re right 😂

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
In ancient times, IU got top recruits because they were winners, had a top coach, and players had a very good shot at playing in a FF. Now that IU sicks, top players are going there for the $$$. But even with top players, they continue to suck.

It really is all about the money who gives it and who can help you earn more of it. The value of a player willing to commit is constantly changing. One thing to consider is the transfer portal the more relationships you have the better. The game hasn't changed but the players have just ask their agent. Money! Money! Money!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT