ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Ohio State: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

I haven't got to watch the game and unsure if Kim wants to, but I will today sometime. What I posted that you referenced was "that if he was in the corner" like Fletch and Lance in that set, then he would be a very late option as were Fletch and Lance. That set is all about Braden, Zach and Mason. I doubt I find a set where Myles is inserted into a Lance or Fletchers position with the same options and reads. If not then the obvious question is whether he moves quick enough for such or some other concern whether right or wrong? I don't know that to be the case, but it does not appear that he is placed in that position as you state.

What he could do I believe (and possibly other things I don't know?) is if Zach is low to feed the post and then relocate a couple of steps for Zach to kick it out hopeful that his man loses him by digging or not fully facing him as some do to ensure 3pt coverage. There is not a lot of reads, not a lot of quick decisions just a good pass inside and relocate as warranted. Pretty simple "IF" in that situation and Zach is better with the ball. This year, Zach is not down on the blocks as much as last year and so we don't see quite as much of that this year
If Zach doesn’t stick in the NBA , I think it will be poor passing/ turnovers that do him in, not his jump shot or defense.

Does he still want it? He came out and said it was his dream job awhile back. He’s only 2 years younger than Woodson and his current salary at 5.5M would put him second already in the B1G. I’d assume if he made the jump he’d have to be paid more than Izzo at 6.2M…lotta money already flowing out for a not great return as of late.
I hope Pearl to IU happens. Would be great theatre. And a shot in the arm for the conference. Maybe a little like when Urban went to OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT