ADVERTISEMENT

Practice clips…

I thought we'd see a lot more of Colvin attacking the basket and drawing fouls/finishing. That just might not be part of his game.
Could be he has insider Info on Berg, Burgess and Jacobsen's ability to block shots. Kids game really is the pull-up and three-point shot. With that being said I agree he should attack the basket.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Haha I think he meant last season but I bet in practice it’s hard to attack the rim with 3 7 footers around all the time 😂
Excuses excuses!! Kobe Bryant (the single greatest bball player of all time) never met a shot he didn't like or a 7 footer that he liked (at least American)! "The only bad shot in life are the shots you don't take!"

Colvin take it to the rim every time! And if you get the ball rejected back in your face figure out how to not get it sent into the 5th row next time!

• Love
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Excuses excuses!! Kobe Bryant (the single greatest bball player of all time) never met a shot he didn't like or a 7 footer that he liked (at least American)! "The only bad shot in life are the shots you don't take!"

Colvin take it to the rim every time! And if you get the ball rejected back in your face figure out how to not get it sent into the 5th row next time!
MJ is the GOAT and it isn't even close.

Loving everything except Bryant being best ever. I agree with bone…MJ is the 🐐

He doesn't seem to have great handles and/or a knack for driving/getting to the rim. That said, he still needs to be on the floor.
Lol he’s had one year as a Frosh on the second best team in the country. He slashed in high school and could create off the dribble. Cam and him emphasized getting better at handling the ball and getting to the hole this offseason.

Watch for him (and Cam) to do more of that this year.

Lol he’s had one year as a Frosh on the second best team in the country. He slashed in high school and could create off the dribble. Cam and him emphasized getting better at handling the ball and getting to the hole this offseason.

yeh really he only had one yr as a FR w/ spotty minutes, lets give the kid a break, I think he has a breakout season

Don't you know that no player has ever developed past their frosh year level under Painter ever??!?!?! Come on now.

Hope so! In high school, Colvin didn’t do a ton of ball handling and driving to the extent someone like E’Twaun did, for example. Not saying Colvin can’t do it, but he appears to be more of a slasher, dunker, and likes to shoot it for 3 or go to his pull-up jumper.

Also, not sure why the smug “lol” was necessary, but, I digress.

Hope so! In high school, Colvin didn’t do a ton of ball handling and driving to the extent someone like E’Twaun did, for example. Not saying Colvin can’t do it, but he appears to be more of a slasher, dunker, and likes to shoot it for 3 or go to his pull-up jumper.

Also, not sure why the smug “lol” was necessary, but, I digress.
Cuz you said he doesn’t have a “knack for getting to the rim or great handles”. He got to the rim in high school and handled it a whole lot in HS. Getting to the rim and handling it last year was not his role for the number 2 team in the country as a younger than normal frosh. Just because a guy doesn’t do those things his Frosh year, doesn’t mean he can’t. He wasn’t asked to do those things because it wasn’t his role. I am thinking it will be a part of his game this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnelk
I spoke to someone who was at practice I think Friday. His biggest standouts were Daniel Jacobsen's shot blocking ability he stated Daniel had 4 blocks in only a handful of minutes. Jack Benters shooting " He just doesn't miss" and Gicarri Harris's body and how well he uses it to get to the rim. The two freshmen names I keep hearing as biggest impact players in practice Daniel and Gicarri. The best overall player has been Braden. What I have consistently been hearing is that Daniel will play the most freshman minutes.

I spoke to someone who was at practice I think Friday. His biggest standouts were Daniel Jacobsen's shot blocking ability he stated Daniel had 4 blocks in only a handful of minutes. Jack Benters shooting " He just doesn't miss" and Gicarri Harris's body and how well he uses it to get to the rim. The two freshmen names I keep hearing as biggest impact players in practice Daniel and Gicarri. The best overall player has been Braden. What I have consistently been hearing is that Daniel will play the most freshman minutes.
That is great news and hope it can play out well for us this season! Thanks for the updates and keep em comin!

Time to take a step up from last year while no one is paying attention. NCAA champs.

Just re-watched the TN E8 game. The team going to need all that -- and more -- as the talent heats up. No Edey going 40&20+. In any case, CMP has some coaching to do as this team will have more balance in scoring to be successful.

Glad to hear 3 of the frosh are shining!

What feedback if any are you getting on Fletch, Cam, Myles and TKR? We’re all looking for a big jump from all of them but especially Cam and Myles in my case. I wonder if Benters shooting keeps him from a red shirt year?

Reactions: Schnelk
What feedback if any are you getting on Fletch, Cam, Myles and TKR? We’re all looking for a big jump from all of them but especially Cam and Myles in my case. I wonder if Benters shooting keeps him from a red shirt year?
Where would the mins for Benter come from tho? He’d have to be better than Myles and Gicarri, right?

I dont see benter getting a lot of minutes this year iam shocked that purdue is going after the braylon mullins kid because benter can do the same thinks he can

Reactions: oldboiler52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT