ADVERTISEMENT

Practice clips…

What feedback if any are you getting on Fletch, Cam, Myles and TKR? We’re all looking for a big jump from all of them but especially Cam and Myles in my case. I wonder if Benters shooting keeps him from a red shirt year?
Really not much on Fletch but he has been gone. My guy was mainly only watching the freshmen. He did say the team that had Brayden had a huge advantage. IDK about redshirting anyone but I would think two freshmen will.

Really not much on Fletch but he has been gone. My guy was mainly only watching the freshmen. He did say the team that had Brayden had a huge advantage. IDK about redshirting anyone but I would think two freshmen will.
How would you compare Benter to Mullins ?

I dont see benter getting a lot of minutes this year iam shocked that purdue is going after the braylon mullins kid because benter can do the same thinks he can
There may be some overlap in ability between the two, but there is a reason Mullins has an extensive offer list. In my opinion, it's kinda like comparing Kyle Guy vs Ryan Cline.

Last edited:
How would you compare Benter to Mullins ?
I have watched every game for over two years of Jack's not much has changed other than he grew 2 inches. Mullins I know next to nothing about what I have seen they're comparable. Personally, I would bank the scholarship based on need which Purdue doesn't have.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I have watched every game for over two years of Jack's not much has changed other than he grew 2 inches. Mullins I know next to nothing about what I have seen they're comparable. Personally, I would bank the scholarship based on need which Purdue doesn't have.
Yeah I agree. I don’t see how Mullins fits with either us or even IU. Guard log jam on both teams. I think he goes out of state.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Purdue is loaded at the guard spot in 2025 so they have 2 spots in 2025
Guards in 2025-2026 season and their class at time of season:

Smith ( Sr), Loyer (Sr) Colvin (Jr), Harris (Soph), cox (soph or RS Frosh), Benter (Soph or RS Frosh) and if we play a 3 guard lineup, add Heide (RS Jr) in there.

7 guys for 3 spots…so he would make 8…I wish we could grab him or Haralson but don’t see how they fit/would want to compete with that many guys in the rotation already.

Would love for him to be here….Who’s minutes is he taking—Smith, Loyer, Colvin, Heide, Harris, Cox, Benter or Waddell’s?

In this scenario, I think there is a world where Haralson could be the 2nd best of that list on the team. Day 1 he'd obviously be behind, but he's talented enough to carve out a starting role at the 3. He's that good.

In this scenario, I think there is a world where Haralson could be the 2nd best of that list on the team. Day 1 he'd obviously be behind, but he's talented enough to carve out a starting role at the 3. He's that good.
Absolutely. But is he willing to work for a spot/mins for 1 year (unlike KC)?

I hope we can land him…I feel his talent is the only one out of the recruits we have offers out to, that could REALLY elevate the team immediately and for the 2025-2026 and help push for an NC. The others will be very good pieces during their careers, but I feel Haralson can make the impact that 1 year hes here.

Likely a moot point....

Offensively that may be true.

Defensively.....no way. Might get there, but initially too far behind.

I would like to see him at Purdue, but to me, I see him going out of state. Someone guessed above it would be MSU. I can see maybe immediate playing time and playing for a HoF coach as the two draws, but I just feel MSU is on a slow decline now.

Cuz you said he doesn’t have a “knack for getting to the rim or great handles”. He got to the rim in high school and handled it a whole lot in HS. Getting to the rim and handling it last year was not his role for the number 2 team in the country as a younger than normal frosh. Just because a guy doesn’t do those things his Frosh year, doesn’t mean he can’t. He wasn’t asked to do those things because it wasn’t his role. I am thinking it will be a part of his game this year.
I hope so! He’s a special talent!

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Obviously these are just practice videos but I can't help be super impressed with CJ in everything that I have seen. Painter mentioned that only Ivy League schools were recruiting him. Makes me think of some of the very high level Ivy league guys that transferred to the BIG and did really well. I think Michigan has had at least two Ivy League guards transfer in that did really well. Alabama's best player started at Ohio U. Great find by Painter. CJ looks very solid already. Hope he can give Braden some rest every game maybe 5-10 mins depending on the level of competition.

So exited for the season to start! I am really excited to see Jacobsen and Berg play this year along with Miles' development. Will probably be a roller coaster ride of season due to the mix of new faces + returning talent.

Guards in 2025-2026 season and their class at time of season:

Smith ( Sr), Loyer (Sr) Colvin (Jr), Harris (Soph), cox (soph or RS Frosh), Benter (Soph or RS Frosh) and if we play a 3 guard lineup, add Heide (RS Jr) in there.

7 guys for 3 spots…so he would make 8…I wish we could grab him or Haralson but don’t see how they fit/would want to compete with that many guys in the rotation already.
I’m not sure that any of those guys beyond Braden are elite (I may be wrong, hope I am). Agree with your point that a highly recruited freshman may not want to face that much competition, but with Purdue chasing a Natty, there’s good reason on both sides for an elite guard to consider joining.

It won’t be easy.

I’m not sure that any of those guys beyond Braden are elite (I may be wrong, hope I am). Agree with your point that a highly recruited freshman may not want to face that much competition, but with Purdue chasing a Natty, there’s good reason on both sides for an elite guard to consider joining.

It won’t be easy.
I think Haralson is the only recruit we have an offer out to that could lift the team to the next level right away.

And I think Heide, Colvin and Harris could be special and Cox is starting to look really good too.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I think Haralson is the only recruit we have an offer out to that could lift the team to the next level right away.

And I think Heide, Colvin and Harris could be special and Cox is starting to look really good too.
I think DJ has a chance to be special too. Maybe not next year but who knows. He could use a few pounds but is very skilled.

I think DJ has a chance to be special too. Maybe not next year but who knows. He could use a few pounds but is very skilled.
Oh I think DJ will be really damn good. I meant Haralson is the only recruit in the 2025 class that we have an offer out to that could make an immediate impact for the team next year. The others…Mullins, Sisley, singleton etc would be really good for us in 2-3 years, but don’t think they can make a big of impact as Haralson would in his first year and what he can bring. Just IMO.

I think the staff feels that way about Mullins as well. Agree that any of those other guys already on the roster ‘could’ be special but until they’ve done it you have to recruit that type of kid where you can, IMO. Heck, even when they do show it you’ve got to recruit more of those guys because you don’t know how long they’ll stay.

Likely a moot point as it seems more likely that whoever we get for 2025 will be more of a guy we develop than an immediate star but who knows.

I think the staff feels that way about Mullins as well. Agree that any of those other guys already on the roster ‘could’ be special but until they’ve done it you have to recruit that type of kid where you can, IMO. Heck, even when they do show it you’ve got to recruit more of those guys because you don’t know how long they’ll stay.

Likely a moot point as it seems more likely that whoever we get for 2025 will be more of a guy we develop than an immediate star but who knows.
Yeah I got you. Mullins looks to be good but I think he will be a minimum 3 year player wherever he goes. Would love to have him obviously but him and Haralson would surprise me as staying in state

Reactions: northside100
Would be great to see the team get back to the defensive standard from the early Painter years…

Can't remember a Purdue team when we were tops in the league on D? In the last decade, been close a couple years @ #2 @ least when looking @ ppg. Been awhile...maybe JJ/Kramer teams had a shot? Be fun to watch them try to shut guys down, but we have a guy or two where it would surprise me if we end up tops in league on team D.

Still I enjoy watching offense way more. Can't remember when we were #1 on offense (ppg) in the league. Think last year we were 2nd or 3rd. Painters teams have excelled offensively lately..... particularly in offensive efficiency. Hope that continues.

Can't remember a Purdue team when we were tops in the league on D? In the last decade, been close a couple years @ #2 @ least when looking @ ppg. Been awhile...maybe JJ/Kramer teams had a shot? Be fun to watch them try to shut guys down, but we have a guy or two where it would surprise me if we end up tops in league on team D.

Still I enjoy watching offense way more. Can't remember when we were #1 on offense (ppg) in the league. Think last year we were 2nd or 3rd. Painters teams have excelled offensively lately..... particularly in offensive efficiency. Hope that continues.
Just thinking back to when the paint crew had “defense lives here” posted at the end of one the baskets …that stopped probably with Ronnie Johnson and his sauce.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT