ADVERTISEMENT

Practice clips…

Jack Benter is the best shooter I have seen in HS! During the Painter era. I rank him on the level of Scot Skiles and Steve Smith.
We will see.... I've heard other players being great shooters & they poop there pants when they get in college. Mike Robinson was suppose to be a great shooter. Ended up being a great player, but a terrible shooter, especially from 3.

We will see.... I've heard other players being great shooters & they poop there pants when they get in college. Mike Robinson was suppose to be a great shooter. Ended up being a great player, but a terrible shooter, especially from 3.
I've written this far too many times, but here goes a reader's digest snippet. Mike being a shooter was wrong...he was not effective at Purdue. That said I was in Mackey helping Ernie Hobbie working with Mike and what I saw was a phenomenal improvement in one hour of work. Mike was making well more than half standing out of bounds on the baseline west side of the tunnel. Mike obviously didn't work to make muscle memory take place of the things Ernie had him do. I don't know if Mike was a good shooter in high school, but he wasn't at Purdue (great offensive rebounder and scorer in close). That said, he could have been a good shooter, I believe that...

Part of the transition for shooters going to college is how quick is the shot? Many shooters in high school get more time and are not under the same level of duress as in college and those as you say don't repeat the same effectiveness.

I played with Alan Eldridge in high school. He was our best player but the shooting didn’t transfer like we thought it world. I still love the guy and think he had a solid career but things don’t always work out like high school. Would be interested in knowing other people’s perspectives.

I played with Alan Eldridge in high school. He was our best player but the shooting didn’t transfer like we thought it world. I still love the guy and think he had a solid career but things don’t always work out like high school. Would be interested in knowing other people’s perspectives.
Eldridge seemed like he shot better the deeper he got. That left arm was a Cannon.

He was always one of my favorite role players from the Keady years.

Are we working on creating an upgraded Edey?
Yes, we are seeing the rack to not be as effective after 7’ but suspect modifications to the rack by altering the tooth width and number of teeth to provide less tearing under higher load with an increased fulcrum that can be locked in place to help to reduce muscle fatigue…that is once we remove a wall that is constraining the increased fulcrum. The nutrition department shows great promise with increased quantities of sushi and chicken tenders. Additionally, the proto lab is working on a rack for feet to help stabilize them once they are stretched to 7’4”. Concurrently there are mental tests taking place in addition to the physical changes. They are lagging since some are having a hard time being fouled hard and not getting a foul called. It is thought that repetition will help make this the norm and them not be bothered by it with mixed results. Stem cells are used, but that information is not to be shared publicly.

I've written this far too many times, but here goes a reader's digest snippet. Mike being a shooter was wrong...he was not effective at Purdue. That said I was in Mackey helping Ernie Hobbie working with Mike and what I saw was a phenomenal improvement in one hour of work. Mike was making well more than half standing out of bounds on the baseline west side of the tunnel. Mike obviously didn't work to make muscle memory take place of the things Ernie had him do. I don't know if Mike was a good shooter in high school, but he wasn't at Purdue (great offensive rebounder and scorer in close). That said, he could have been a good shooter, I believe that...

Part of the transition for shooters going to college is how quick is the shot? Many shooters in high school get more time and are not under the same level of duress as in college and those as you say don't repeat the same effectiveness.
My son played mid-major D1 ... his first call home was the SPEED of the players. In AAU, he got his shot off anytime he wanted. Now, when he had a wide-open shot, someone from the middle of the lane got to it and blocked it.

My son played mid-major D1 ... his first call home was the SPEED of the players. In AAU, he got his shot off anytime he wanted. Now, when he had a wide-open shot, someone from the middle of the lane got to it and blocked it.
I've sent several players to play in college, and though they've been told, they always come back talking about how much faster the game is. And at every level it gets even faster.

I've sent several players to play in college, and though they've been told, they always come back talking about how much faster the game is. And at every level it gets even faster.
It’s crazy the different levels of players. You may think you’re good and then you go up vs a D1 athlete or even a fringe D1 athlete and it’s a whole different stratosphere. Ya get humbled real quick 😂

It’s crazy the different levels of players. You may think you’re good and then you go up vs a D1 athlete or even a fringe D1 athlete and it’s a whole different stratosphere. Ya get humbled real quick 😂
Take a player at a school like Wabash and put him in a Purdue/IU scrimmage and he's going to look like he doesn't belong there. Same from NAIA to a Ball State. And the first thing you hear from a first-year lineman in the Pro's is, "Damn, I've never been hit so hard."

Had a good buddy at Purdue who was a Juco WR and then walked on at Purdue. He said the same thing: guys in JUCO are just as big and strong, it's the speed that separates the high major players from the rest.
And even then, there's a big difference in speed from teams like UGA, Bama, LSU etc and mid pack P5 teams.

I’m going to double down on Jacobson that he will start and tkr plays the 4.

I like harralson and Mullins and Sisley and Myles and Harris and Cox and Benter. However, I just don’t any of them getting any playing time unless someone leaves.

Is Sisley going to play the 3 as a forward? Or does Painter project him to play the 4? At some point Painter needs to start playing forwards at the 3 spot, or just stop recruiting them. I can’t see Sisley succeeding at the 4 at Purdue.

I’m going to double down on Jacobson that he will start and tkr plays the 4.

I like harralson and Mullins and Sisley and Myles and Harris and Cox and Benter. However, I just don’t any of them getting any playing time unless someone leaves.

Is Sisley going to play the 3 as a forward? Or does Painter project him to play the 4? At some point Painter needs to start playing forwards at the 3 spot, or just stop recruiting them. I can’t see Sisley succeeding at the 4 at Purdue.
Ok you gotta just be a troll at this point with this post lmaoooo

Ok you gotta just be a troll at this point with this post lmaoooo
A troll is somebody who talks about a different team. I’m just reminding you of my previous comments that many of you laughed at. But now when other posters say the exact same thing, you totally agree with them .

I called it more than 3 months ago and I’m not changing my opinion or joining somebody elses’s bandwagon! It’s time you started reading my posts and joined my bandwagon!

I’m not making these comments in the middle of the year. I’m making them before Jacobson has played 1 minute in his Boilermaker career!

A troll is somebody who talks about a different team. I’m just reminding you of my previous comments that many of you laughed at. But now when other posters say the exact same thing, you totally agree with them .

I called it more than 3 months ago and I’m not changing my opinion or joining somebody elses’s bandwagon! It’s time you started reading my posts and joined my bandwagon!

I’m not making these comments in the middle of the year. I’m making them before Jacobson has played 1 minute in his Boilermaker career!
Not about DJ—no one will be surprised if he starts or plays major mins.

I’m talking about Heide and all of this nonsense about positions and who will play where and why they won’t be successful or come to Purdue.

Myles, Harris and Cox will all be in the rotation this year. Myles and Harris are expected to see the most mins out of those 3 and Myles should be close to 20-25. Harris at 12-18 and Cox at 5-10. Benter will RS this year…a bit behind because of getting pretty sick but apparently is one of the better shooters to come out of Indiana for quite some time. He will see a few mins next year.

The other 3 recruits you listed…Mullins isn’t coming here, you’re right. No mins for him. He’s not better than what we will have next year. Haralson would play a good amount, he’s the one recruit I believe would have an immediate impact (Steph Castle style) the one year he’s here before the NBA. Sisley will have an impact, but not right away and will play more of a backup role like heide last year—-and that’s anywhere he goes. He’s a 3 year player at minimum but will be a good one.

And trolls can talk about anything….not just about another team. Cmon man.

Don't understand your take on Sisley. Explain. How many times have you watched him play on tape or live?

You don’t have a bandwagon to join. You literally have not seen the kid play and are basing this on other people’s opinions.

Very courageous. Very, very courageous.

Very courageous. Very, very courageous.
master wrestler GIF

Don't understand your take on Sisley. Explain. How many times have you watched him play on tape or live?
He is a big guard but will play the 4 if anyone remembers Scot Martin, they have the same size and skill level. Skill level translates to Vince Edwards. The reason his ranking has fallen is his inability to create his own shot. I'm not sure how many times I have seen him play maybe 20 or more mostly AAU. He plays multiple positions but doesn't really have the speed to stay with a Myles Colvin type of athletic three IMO. Good solid player but not a game changer IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT