ADVERTISEMENT

Our little brothers down south

POTFHBTFU

Sophomore
Jul 25, 2021
Any word on how they will be this year? They are a whole new team so I suspect it’s a rebuilding year. I saw they just lost their starting LG for the year and relying on a walkon transfer who followed his OL coach from wisky. But otherwise it’s mostly transfers with 13 following the coaching staff from JMU.

Any word on how they will be this year? They are a whole new team so I suspect it’s a rebuilding year. I saw they just lost their starting LG for the year and relying on a walkon transfer who followed his OL coach from wisky. But otherwise it’s mostly transfers with 13 following the coaching staff from JMU.
It can't be!!!! A team using a WALK-ON???????

• Haha
Reactions: tjreese
A stunning EIGHT home games. That would be rougher on the fans than the team.

They have a pretty easy schedule with 3 gimmes and a 6th year QB who had one good year at Ohio U. Also a new coach who is amazing and has never lost at any point in his life. So obviously they will win at least 8

The little spring game I saw and what I have heard from their bear reporter. O Line is their weakness. So they use ticky tak, screens, and quick passes in their offense.

Their Ohio U transfer QB is supposed be good with those quick throws. And has legs to run. Reminds me of 2023 Wisconsin QB, Tanner Mordecai.

I do not know how their D Line or defense as a whole will be.

This should be a win for Purdue. If not, that will tell you all you need to know about Purdue.

• Sad
Reactions: Riveting
The little spring game I saw and what I have heard from their bear reporter. O Line is their weakness. So they use ticky tak, screens, and quick passes in their offense.

Their Ohio U transfer QB is supposed be good with those quick throws. And has legs to run. Reminds me of 2023 Wisconsin QB, Tanner Mordecai.

I do not know how their D Line or defense as a whole will be.
No way! They adjusted their offense to their personnel. Shocking.......

Reactions: pboiler18
Yeah. I always knew you were an IU fan.
Put on your seatbelt. The season is about to start.
I hope the opener goes better than it did when Hazel played Indiana State at home. I thought that some of the former players sitting in the Buchanan Suite with me were going to jump through the glass.

Last edited:
I hope the opener goes better than it did when Hazel played Indiana State at home. I thought that some of the former players sitting in the Buchanan Suite with me were going to jump through the glass.
What year was that? I don't remember.
POTFH

Reactions: z_one
Any reason to think it wouldn’t? 52-3 will be the score.

I think it will however if it doesn't or it's a closer-than-it-should-be game, then there will be concerns to say the least.

I think it will however if it doesn't or it's a closer-than-it-should-be game, then there will be concerns to say the least.
There is zero reason to expect it won’t be 52-7 though. So to even say it….

I hope you aren’t halfway comparing Walter’s to Hazell.

You sit in the Buchanan Suite?

Are you related to Buchanan?

Who is/was Buchanan?

The Jury is still out on that one......I will concede that Walters is a better recruiter. Another season of results will go along way to make any useful evaluation of the coach and program.
The jury is not still out. Case closed. They aren’t close. What is similar about them?

The jury is not still out. Case closed. They aren’t close. What is similar about them?
They both sucked as head coaches in the first year at Purdue. .......and que the roster excuses for poor performance. They both handled the media poorly ......... que Walters "We are READY!" interview from two weeks before his first game as head coach. .....roll video tape of the final moments of the Fresno State game........and show the scoreboard ........... NOW

• Haha
They both sucked as head coaches in the first year at Purdue. .......and que the roster excuses for poor performance. They both handled the media poorly ......... que Walters "We are READY!" interview from two weeks before his first game as head coach. .....roll video tape of the final moments of the Fresno State game........and show the scoreboard ........... NOW
Ok. But Hazell sucked way worse, whereas Walters was a couple plays from a bowl game. Hazell never won 4 games at Purdue. Walter’s won four in his first year as a head coach and first year at Purdue. There is nothing similar about the two.

Heck, Walter’s is 5 wins away from matching Hazells 4 year record.

Unless you want to also say he’s like Jack Mellenkopf and Jim Young. They both also sucked in year 1.

Guess I didn’t think Walter’s handled the media poorly.

That 20-14 thriller!!!!

• Haha
Ferentz was 4-19 his first two years at Iowa.

"White gas" what a sucky attitude. You need therapy. LOL

Reactions: Riveting
Have you ever heard a football coach say, 'We are not ready,' before the season opener?

That would be great for team morale.

Have you ever heard a football coach say, 'We are not ready,' before the season opener?

That would be great for team morale.
My favorite is those are literally the worst reasons I’ve ever seen to compare the two. I’ve got 50 reasons why they aren’t the same and Walter’s is way better.

Walter’s is closer to Brohm than Hazell.

My favorite is those are literally the worst reasons I’ve ever seen to compare the two. I’ve got 50 reasons why they aren’t the same and Walter’s is way better.

Walter’s is closer to Brohm than Hazell.
You are really going out on limb considering that CRW did win 4 games his first season.
Agreed!

You are really going out on limb considering that CRW did win 4 games his first season.
Agreed!
It is a limb all argue all days Hazell and Walters aren’t even in the same chapter. They aren’t close.

But by that’s guys metric. Hazels year 1, 1-11. Walter’s, 4-8, Brohms, 6-6. I see 3 wins between Walter’s and Hazell and 2 between Walter’s and Brohm. Help make this math @mklinker

It is a limb all argue all days Hazell and Walters aren’t even in the same chapter. They aren’t close.

But by that’s guys metric. Hazels year 1, 1-11. Walter’s, 4-8, Brohms, 6-6. I see 3 wins between Walter’s and Hazell and 2 between Walter’s and Brohm. Help make this math @mklinker
Sounds good to me other than the fact that Brohm had Purdue in the Big Ten Championship Game during his tenure.

Sounds good to me other than the fact that Brohm had Purdue in the Big Ten Championship Game during his tenure.
Do you expect Purdue or any other btn team to keep up with OSU NIL payments, other than possibly Oregon - because that will likely be the primary factor in getting into the btn championship game going forward?

The old joke about fielding the best team money can buy is no longer a joke.

So you think Purdue will be in the same scenario as Brohm had going forward? Look at the strength of schedule alone. Not even comparable. Your Walters hate is evident almost every time you post.

Sure. In year what? What year is Walter’s in? It’s a shame Walter’s won’t get the ease of the west. I’m also not saying Walter’s is better than Brohm. I believe he could be, but not yet.

Reactions: tenwest
The Jury is still out on that one......I will concede that Walters is a better recruiter. Another season of results will go along way to make any useful evaluation of the coach and program.
The jury isn’t still out on that one. Walters won as many big ten games last year as hazell did in 3.5 years at Purdue

Reactions: BoilerN
Sure. In year what? What year is Walter’s in? It’s a shame Walter’s won’t get the ease of the west. I’m also not saying Walter’s is better than Brohm. I believe he could be, but not yet.
I'm hoping that CRW succeeds outside the soft confines of the Big 10 West. Every Boiler fan wins if he does....

Reactions: Schnelk
I'm hoping that CRW succeeds outside the soft confines of the Big 10 West. Every Boiler fan wins if he does....
Ya. If only he had some of those easy schedules Brohm got… also not sure every Boiler fan wins. I swear some hate him and want him to fail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT