TKR - 15 minutes
Heide - 14 minutes
nada after that - a 7-man rotation at the end of the year
THINK ABOUT IT~ Only 3 are leaving

Who??? for Edey
Colvin for Jones??? - or Harris
Catchings for Gillis???
Benter makes an 8-man rotation

Just my opinion but having Loyer, Colvin and Catchings starting would leave us with our worst defensive starting lineup in recent memory. Might score some points though.
Smith, Loyer, Heide, Catchings, TKR

Bench: Colvin, Harris, Furst (if he’s here still) Berg, Burgess (maybe a RS), Jacobsen (Maybe a RS), Waddell (if he’s here still), Cox, Benter (RS)

We have an incredible class coming in next year. Other than Smith, & maybe Loyer, I think all spots are up for grabs.

I still think TKR, Smith and Loyer all start the first game. No reason to think they won't.

Think we'll have Catchings start and possibly one more frosh.....although Heide has flat out made great strides of late & will be extremely hard to beat out for a starters role. So IF he or even TKR does get beat out, that will excite me a bunch...as that will be one special frosh. But all of these frosh get minutes. Can't wait.

But for now, I am pumped up for an April basketball game.

Last edited:
I look for smith,Loyer tkr and Catchings to start. The last spot should go in this order: Heide, Harris for his defense, Burgess/Jacobson at the 4 with Catchings sliding to the 3 and Myles. I don’t see Myles starting at the 2 or 3. He could be a 6th man when we need instant offense. I don’t look for Berg to ever start. A lot of people here like Berg. I believe Jacobson and Burgess are both better. And no, I don’t care what their ages are!

I still think TKR, Smith and Loyer all start the first game. No reason to think they won't.

Think we'll have Catchings start and possibly one more frosh.....although Heide has flat out made great strides of late & will be extremely hard to beat out for a starters role. So IF he or even TKR does get beat out, that will excite me a bunch...as that will be one special frosh. But all of these frosh get minutes. Can't wait.

But for now, I am pumped up for an April basketball game.
Really hard to speculate until you know who returns and who leaves. We're oversigned, something Painter had never done. So one would think he KNOWS someone is transferring.

Furst has been mentioned - also has been said he loves Purdue regardless of his role and cares more about his degree. Brother on the team. No one really knows

Colvin - legacy player who hasn't played that much this year, once again no one really knows

Waddell - would hurt the least, but would Painter essentially pull a scholly from the son of a former teammate? No one really knows

Gillis - does he come back on NIL as a walk-on? Do we really deny him if he wants to come back? No one really knows.

TKR - he starts, but doesn't finish, and doesn't get a ton of minutes. Is Painter trying to keep him happy because he's the 5 next year, but he's thinking about it?

Berg - is he ever really going to see the floor outside of garbage minutes? Could he start at a MAC school?

After Smith and Loyer, it's really hard to say ANYONE will for sure be back next year. Maybe Heide with his increased mins lately. But if Catchings is the instant starter at the 4. TKR stays and is the 5. You literally have Heide, Colvin, and all the frosh guards going after the same mins.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
After Smith and Loyer, it's really hard to say ANYONE will for sure be back next year. Maybe Heide with his increased mins lately. But if Catchings is the instant starter at the 4. TKR stays and is the 5. You literally have Heide, Colvin, and all the frosh guards going after the same mins.

Great problem to have.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I believe one of Burgess or Jacobson is going to be the surprise of this incoming class and will surpass Furst and Berg. It wouldn’t surprise me if Painter actually started one.

Harris is drawing rave reviews for his defense. That could help him leap frog over Myles and Heide into that that 3rd guard spot.

There are just too many possibilities!

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Smith 35 minutes, Loyer 25-30 minutes, TKR 20 minutes or so, after that it’s anyone’s guess, if Gillis were to return that’s 25 minutes.

Really hard to speculate until you know who returns and who leaves. We're oversigned, something Painter had never done. So one would think he KNOWS someone is transferring.

Furst has been mentioned - also has been said he loves Purdue regardless of his role and cares more about his degree. Brother on the team. No one really knows

Colvin - legacy player who hasn't played that much this year, once again no one really knows

Waddell - would hurt the least, but would Painter essentially pull a scholly from the son of a former teammate? No one really knows

Gillis - does he come back on NIL as a walk-on? Do we really deny him if he wants to come back? No one really knows.

TKR - he starts, but doesn't finish, and doesn't get a ton of minutes. Is Painter trying to keep him happy because he's the 5 next year, but he's thinking about it?

Berg - is he ever really going to see the floor outside of garbage minutes? Could he start at a MAC school?

We have heard that Berg is very good. Just not 2X NPOY good. Would really like to see his complete game.

i think berg could do good things next year. he has a nose for rebounds and goes back up tough. with more pt, he will just get better and be our starting center.
There's still that other 1/2 of the game.
Defense.
No he won't be a starter next year but he could see minutes if he keeps developing.

I believe one of Burgess or Jacobson is going to be the surprise of this incoming class and will surpass Furst and Berg. It wouldn’t surprise me if Painter actually started one.

Harris is drawing rave reviews for his defense. That could help him leap frog over Myles and Heide into that that 3rd guard spot.

There are just too many possibilities!
Could be both burgess and Jacobsen. Both can shoot the three and are mobile. I think burgess may have a bit better handle at this point. But those two at the 4 and 5 will be fun to watch…not sure how many seasons we will get to see them together.

And you’re right, too many possibilities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT