ADVERTISEMENT

Plan ahead

With almost 25,000 season tickets already sold for the football season they are recommending getting reservations earlier this year...

http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Pl...-are-Ready-for-Football-Season-487927251.html

Far cry from this. https://www.hammerandrails.com/2015/8/2/9088389/great-seats-still-available-for-2015-purdue-football. And this wasn't even as bad as it got.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/football/2018/4/23/17272460/purdue-football-ticket-sales-rising. The increase in ticket sales has absolutely justified CJBs contract and as it continues to rise, so should the pay of the staff.

Purdue was at the bottom for attendance during the Haze years. I went to a game last year and it had been years since my last game. I will probably try and go to at least one this year as well (in a few years as the kids get older, this will be easier for me, but it's a big deal for me to spend the time and money to see a game live and it was worth it last year for sure.) But, I will be watching the games on TV and when that isn't available I will be listening on TuneIn or the radio. I am all in on this football team and have bought a bunch of new merchandise as well.

Purdue is such a fun team to watch. That staff has done an excellent job at bringing in the right players and getting the most out of what they have. The energy they bring is amazing to watch. As I said, Brohm brought me back to the stadium. I doubt I am the only one that can say that.

As a person on old man time, I prefer the midday games. However, I am fully onboard for the night games. Whatever it takes to get the young folks excited!

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
Some basic numbers for my head:

I’ll say the average cost of season tickets is roughly $210.00 ($35 x 6). At 5k more than last year, that is an increase in $1.05 million revenue to the university. That does not include legacy fees, parking passes, increase in souvenirs and merchandise, increase in concessions, or the increase in beer and wine purchases.

I would conservatively tab the increase from last year to this year at this point in time well over $3 million. CJB and his staff should be rewarded with salary increases again because of the direct link to increase in revenue and their work.

That is a bit rich. Purdue kept season ticket prices low and actually lowered for 30% of the seats. Endzone seats are less than $100 if you buy 4. I assume the 25K includes students which is only $99 with the "boarding pass" and they added 800 season tix for that. They actually lose money on the big games they would have sold out (like Michigan and Indiana last year, they sold a lot more single game tickets which are pricier). They also slashed the legacy fee quite a bit.

We had 6 home games plus the neutral last year so we may get more money with the 7th true home game. But I am not sure we will average 5,000 more per game this year (we had 48k per game last year) unless we jump out with a 6-0 or 5-1 record.

But we easily see several million in new revenue with increase in concessions (especially boiler gold rush), parking, and merchandise sales. If we get on a roll and put together a few great seasons we will see the prices increase and ticket revenue have a sizable increase. We are still in the rebuilding years.

I have had club seats since their inception. 45 yd line. I have a 5 year contract and it expires at the end of this season. Before Brohm began to work his magic, I was definitely NOT going to renew. I am now seriously considering renewing for another 5 year term. Boiler Up!!!

Far cry from this. https://www.hammerandrails.com/2015/8/2/9088389/great-seats-still-available-for-2015-purdue-football. And this wasn't even as bad as it got.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/football/2018/4/23/17272460/purdue-football-ticket-sales-rising. The increase in ticket sales has absolutely justified CJBs contract and as it continues to rise, so should the pay of the staff.

Purdue was at the bottom for attendance during the Haze years. I went to a game last year and it had been years since my last game. I will probably try and go to at least one this year as well (in a few years as the kids get older, this will be easier for me, but it's a big deal for me to spend the time and money to see a game live and it was worth it last year for sure.) But, I will be watching the games on TV and when that isn't available I will be listening on TuneIn or the radio. I am all in on this football team and have bought a bunch of new merchandise as well.

Purdue is such a fun team to watch. That staff has done an excellent job at bringing in the right players and getting the most out of what they have. The energy they bring is amazing to watch. As I said, Brohm brought me back to the stadium. I doubt I am the only one that can say that.

As a person on old man time, I prefer the midday games. However, I am fully onboard for the night games. Whatever it takes to get the young folks excited!
yeah... Haze ain't here.

Good info on how bright the future looks. we really don't need to go back to those years.

Let's keep lookin' through the windshield, not the rear view mirror, Boilers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT